What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Barba

southland

Juniors
BEN Barba’s career at the Broncos is over, with the fallen Dally M star expected to sign with Cronulla in the next 48 hours.

Following an afternoon of meetings with Broncos officials and coach Wayne Bennett, Barba was given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

He will be given an outright release from the remaining two years of his Broncos contract when he agrees to terms with a new club.

Tomorrow in the Saturday Courier-Mail, Bennett reveals he decided to cut Barba loose because he could not guarantee the former Bulldogs star would be in the Broncos’ top 17 next season.

“Look, I don’t want to lie to Ben and I don’t want to lie to the fans,” Bennett tells The Courier-Mail.

“I could have made out that it would be all rosy for Ben Barba next year but the reality is it might not be so rosy.”

Barba tells The Courier-Mail tomorrow that he wanted to stay in Brisbane, and was given the option of seeing out his contract and fighting for a position.

But he said he understood Bennett’s position, and expected to have a new club by “the end of this week”.

Get the full story on another tumultuous day at the Broncos, only in tomorrow’s edition of The Courier-Mail and couriermail.com.au

Be interesting to see the story gets spun from the courier mail, interesting to see they believe Boyd is better option then Barba.

I hope Barba comes to us with attitude that he is going to prove Bennett wrong and espically when we play the Broncs

Quigs

Immortal
Well both have had brisk world wind trips to NRL approved rehab rooms so the only thang i can put it down to is that Dariarse gives better head.

Card Shark

Immortal
BEN Barba?s career at the Broncos is over, with the fallen Dally M star expected to sign with Cronulla in the next 48 hours.

Following an afternoon of meetings with Broncos officials and coach Wayne Bennett, Barba was given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

He will be given an outright release from the remaining two years of his Broncos contract when he agrees to terms with a new club.

Tomorrow in the Saturday Courier-Mail, Bennett reveals he decided to cut Barba loose because he could not guarantee the former Bulldogs star would be in the Broncos? top 17 next season.

?Look, I don?t want to lie to Ben and I don?t want to lie to the fans,? Bennett tells The Courier-Mail.

?I could have made out that it would be all rosy for Ben Barba next year but the reality is it might not be so rosy.?

Barba tells The Courier-Mail tomorrow that he wanted to stay in Brisbane, and was given the option of seeing out his contract and fighting for a position.

But he said he understood Bennett?s position, and expected to have a new club by ?the end of this week?.

Get the full story on another tumultuous day at the Broncos, only in tomorrow?s edition of The Courier-Mail and couriermail.com.au

Cracks me up how Barba is all of a sudden shit.

I thought they were reasonably happy with his performances without being back at his best.

Anyway, hope it's true. All of a sudden we have an exciting backline. Also, I think Jeff Robson is a good foil for him.

Quigs

Immortal
Craig Teevan, Craig Timmens, Craig Tracey. Pretty good from the old bloke hey ???

But I cheated. I looked up 'me' Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players - sharkies.

Quigs

Immortal
So if we have signed Benji Barba and he scores more then 10 tries in 2015 he will be a superstar for us.

I'll back him in to score 10 or more.

Big Fi will be worried about defending his title.

Dazzat

First Grade
On his performances in 2014, it's no surprise that Barba is moving on. As a Broncos fan I held high hopes for him coming to our club.

I remember about the second time he touched the ball in Game 1 of 2014, he put a move on a North Queensland player and made a break and I thought ... here we go!

That was about the last line break for the next 15-18 rounds of football. Barba was just one big waste of space last year, particularly when he played fullback. He offered nothing in attack, and only slightly more in defence.

When Griffin moved him to No. 6, he was forced to become more involved being in he line, but he looked disinterested. My opinion is that he never clicked with the team, and the team never clicked with him.

Of course I've been a big critic of coach Griffin over the past couple of years. One of his biggest mistakes this year was NOT dropping Barba after about round five when it was apparent that his attitude was pathetic. Instead Griffin kept picking him - and the rest is history.

If Flanagan can metre out some tough love to Barba next year, he may lift his game. But without a bomb under him, you are welcome to Ewan McGrady Mark II.

Click2000

Juniors
Maybe he was thrown off by all the people with 2 heads sitting in the crowd ? That would freak me out for sure...

Click2000

Juniors
Seriously though where does that leave Fa'mu Brown ? Off the bench ? I think Robson is best suited to play along side Barba if he plays 5/8 ?

Also when we talk about centres don't you think we should have Feki in the centres with Loots with Gagan and Brown on the wings?

webShark

Seriously though where does that leave Fa'mu Brown ? Off the bench ? I think Robson is best suited to play along side Barba if he plays 5/8 ?

Also when we talk about centres don't you think we should have Feki in the centres with Loots with Gagan and Brown on the wings?

Leaves Brown on the bench and Holmes (I think you mean) on the wing. Pretty decent.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Wasn't Nu killing it from dummy half before playing nrl? Could be a great back up for Ennis, as well as a cover for any halves injuries.

stevie013

Juniors
I like it. He has gone through some tough times. Hopefully he is coming out the other side and we will reap the benefits.
I'm prepared to give him a crack.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Make no mistake for the best of Barba we still need some decent backs.

He won't shine with Robson at half or any of our current centres.

He was playing his best footy off a VERY good Bulldogs pack.

Sorry to be downer to all the excitement

Latest posts