What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Barba

carcharias

Immortal
Make no mistake
The second he scores a try where he has to run more than 3 metres to put the ball down..,
I and every other hairless boy in the shire will jizz their bikini briefs .

Preston Campbell won a Dally M
Had a shithouse year or two

Then look what happened.

Card Shark

Immortal
Make no mistake
The second he scores a try where he has to run more than 3 metres to put the ball down..,
I and every other hairless boy in the shire will jizz their bikini briefs.

Hope we get to do this more than our other saviour Mr Carney.

For all the awesome attacking skills he possessed before joining us, he barely crossed the stripe for us.

Feej

First Grade
BEN Barba?s career at the Broncos is over, with the fallen Dally M star expected to sign with Cronulla in the next 48 hours.

giphy.gif

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Make no mistake
I and every other hairless boy in the shire will jizz their bikini briefs .

Preston Campbell won a Dally M
Had a shithouse year or two

Then look what happened.

Preston won a dally m with a VERY good Cronulla team.

You can't put polish on a turd

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah but he then went and won a comp after a year or two of horror.
Panthers were nothing spectacular ... They just had a crack.
Great front row.

chewsta

First Grade
I find the idea of Nu and Barba in the halves a lot more exciting than robbo and Barba. Robson bores the shit out of me.

southland

Juniors
Under Flanno and assuming we have Benji, its going to be Robson and Barba as the starting half pairing with Nu pushing for a shot or there as injury cover. I'd be happy to see Nu as the 14 and sign Murphy over K Stanely, or both of them as depth....

Also likely to see M. Brown and Feki as the starting wingers, although Flan does rate Gagan I believe.

Would be nice to see Feki given a go in the centres and Holmes take a wing spot but just don't see Flan going there at the start of the season...

Will be very interesting to see how the back line shapes up.

Very positive on Barba, if he has matured socially chances are his natural talent will come back strong. I do agree with Snoop however, he needs a metre eating powerful forward pack to create the space for Barba to play his natural running and support game. Certainly a halfback with a stronger strategic kicking game would take the pressure of Barba in terms of kicking. Barba is capable of creative attacking kicks when he sees the opportunity but would not go well if his role as 5/8 becomes the main kicker out of the two half...

dellul

Juniors
I find the idea of Nu and Barba in the halves a lot more exciting than robbo and Barba. Robson bores the shit out of me.

barba and brown would be a good combo especially with ennis at hooker, but I don't think this will happen until 2016.
I wanted towndsend at half instead of robson, and robson bores the shit out of me too , but he just keeps turning up with solid performances so it's hard to drop him. if he had a good long kicking game I'd feel more comfortable with him at half.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah good news. I'm pretty pumped for next year now, and we're starting to look like we have a good mix of experience and youth. Potential to have a crack at least.

I'll even shave the fuzz and buy a bikini if it actually comes off !

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah good news. I'm pretty pumped for next year now, and we're starting to look like we have a good mix of experience and youth. Potential to have a crack at least.

I'll even shave the fuzz and buy a bikini if it actually comes off !

A thong type of bikini ??? One of those flouro ones ???????

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Well if we do get Barba, I'd like to see:

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. Feki
4. Leutele
5. Gagan
6. Barba
7. Robson

and then Nu Brown off the bench, that works out well for everyone except Ennis who who would have to come off at some point.

taipan

Referee
Must admit much more excited for 2015 than I was this time last year.The ASADA outcome then unknown.
It's sounds unbelievable but we might have a backline that: -
@ Runs with the ball after actually holding on to a pass.
b) creates gaps or produces an overlap.
c) Actually holds on to the ball and plants it over the line.
d) Can run faster than my granny on roller skates.
d) Gets back into defensive mode quickly.

I repeat we might.

Craigshark

First Grade
Hopefully we sign him up, not just for the team but he'll add a bit more excitement in to the fan base and the people sitting on the fence whether to renew their memberships or not.

Kris Keating apparently signed with the Dragons.. Great news. Hopefully if we get Beale and the Stanely brothers it'll add some much needed depth. These guys aren't necessarily going to start in First Grade, however they'll be decent cover for injuries. Add Bukuya and we've come out alright.

We desperately need some props to finish off what would be some very good recruiting in my opinion all things considered.

For the record if we sign who we are meant to, I think Flanno for round 1 will go with -

Gordon
Feki
Beale
Leutele
Brown
Barba
Robson

We'd have, Gagan, Stanley x 2, Ayshford and Holmes all ready to come in.

Has anyone heard if Bukuya has signed?

Card Shark

Immortal
Well if we do get Barba, I'd like to see:

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. Feki
4. Leutele
5. Gagan
6. Barba
7. Robson

and then Nu Brown off the bench, that works out well for everyone except Ennis who who would have to come off at some point.

I'd like to see that too but I think it's probably best that Gordon is fullback & Holmes on the wing, until he finds his feet in first grade a bit more.

I think Robson has to be there for his experience & solid defence...& dare I say it, kicking game. Can't rely on Barba or Brown as kickers. I think we need to use Ennis kicking from dummy half a bit.

Latest posts