What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall not guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm

Ram Man

Juniors
Racist taunts are actually against the law?

Apparently...never heard of anyone being arrested for it though.

Like I said, I was called a white c___ in front of a copper, and I said, are you going to do anything about that because if the shoe was on the other foot, the guy would be trying trying to rip my head off...copper said, I cant do anything, I could if he decked you....go figure :crazy:

adamkungl

Immortal
I can see why racial discrimination would be against the law, but I find it pretty f**king ridiculous if calling someone a black merkin is against the law. It's basically a law against being offended. Is calling someone a fat merkin against the law? How about ranga?

You guys are awesome I am 29, and on a few occassions when I've been out and about in the early hours of the morning I've had people call me similar things who have been under the influence. I am sure that 95% of us on here have been in a similar situation to Benji's predicament.

While quite unpleasant as a normal person, I just turn the other cheek and walk away.

I am never under the impression that because some yobo's mouthed off that I have justification for busting them up unlike a lot of hero's on here.

But then again with a lot of you hero's NRL players can do no wrong so why I am I suprised?

Juniors
seems like all the nrl's " poster boy's " cant control their drinking and what happens to them when they do drink. It's time the premiers were given some credit. Look at the new ad we get a quick scene and then another lil flash with the tropthy at the end. It's all about jarryd the human bullet magnet hayne and benji marshall. Someone like darius boyd, Jamie soward or literally anyone in the dragons line up would do better than these morons.... and keep out of trouble. We only won the comp last year ! HELLO !!!

Long live st george

Yes it is all about Hayne & Marshall, they bring people through the gates. On many occasions i see spectators wearing Jurseys of a team thats not even playing, they are there to see something exciting and fresh.

What sort of idiot wants to watch the dragons play. The 2 scenes u refer to were the entire Dragons 2010 highlights.

Funny u should mention Boyd or Soward, they have the combined personallity of a door knob. Maybe they can be the joint face of the NRL and get some tag team action happening. Boyd should know a thing or 2 about that.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yes it is all about Hayne & Marshall, they bring people through the gates. On many occasions i see spectators wearing Jurseys of a team thats not even playing, they are there to see something exciting and fresh.

What sort of idiot wants to watch the dragons play. The 2 scenes u refer to were the entire Dragons 2010 highlights.

Funny u should mention Boyd or Soward, they have the combined personallity of a door knob. Maybe they can be the joint face of the NRL and get some tag team action happening. Boyd should know a thing or 2 about that.

The sort of "idiot" that likes watching a team that won the MP, premiership and WCC I'd say :lol::lol:

Bitter teaaaaaaars

Big Mick

Referee
You guys are awesome I am 29, and on a few occassions when I've been out and about in the early hours of the morning I've had people call me similar things who have been under the influence. I am sure that 95% of us on here have been in a similar situation to Benji's predicament.

While quite unpleasant as a normal person, I just turn the other cheek and walk away.

I am never under the impression that because some yobo's mouthed off that I have justification for busting them up unlike a lot of hero's on here.

But then again with a lot of you hero's NRL players can do no wrong so why I am I suprised?

I was kidding dude.

I agree with you. lol.

JoeD

First Grade
"its not so much you cant go out, its putting yourself in a bad situation, a lot of the trouble, a lot of the drama happens in Kings Cross after 2 o'clock so if you're not in that situation or you're not there at those times then you're not going to get into trouble. I can still go out and have a beer with my mates but I don't have to go and put myself in a situation where I don't know what im doing or where i cant control my emotions or where i cant walk away from someone who is giving me trouble"

-Benji in a radio interview a few days ago. Source is link in previous post

fightingirish69

Juniors
Apparently...never heard of anyone being arrested for it though.

Like I said, I was called a white c___ in front of a copper, and I said, are you going to do anything about that because if the shoe was on the other foot, the guy would be trying trying to rip my head off...copper said, I cant do anything, I could if he decked you....go figure :crazy:

yes exactly its got to work both ways or not at all.

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
Benji would be best to plead guilty if it is so clear cut as the media indicates (with CCTV and independent sober witnesses). He will get a slap on the wrist, but as for the media's dreams coming true and saying the game is in crisis, I think most people while not impressed about it, can put it into context of an individual stuffing up. The increasing memberships, crowds, television ratings etc would tend to indicate that the "game" is not in crisis as media continually say in order to sell their paper over the competitiors.

Ram Man

Juniors
Benji would be best to plead guilty if it is so clear cut as the media indicates (with CCTV and independent sober witnesses). He will get a slap on the wrist, but as for the media's dreams coming true and saying the game is in crisis, I think most people while not impressed about it, can put it into context of an individual stuffing up. The increasing memberships, crowds, television ratings etc would tend to indicate that the "game" is not in crisis as media continually say in order to sell their paper over the competitiors.

Exactly, how can a game be in crisis with record member numbers, television ratings etc.
Complete over-reaction by the dicks in the media who would love nothing more than to have exclusive access to cover the "death of Rugby League" which will never happen.

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
seriously need to stop giving a sh*t about what the media thinks.

100% agree with you on that one, but they have indoctrinated a large majority of the population to actually believe everything they say without question....so if they say game in crisis, sadly thousands of punters start to believe it.

taxidriver

Coach
Here we go with Statistics.

MY COMMENT WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY. I know the dragons have a great support base, u had to dig up stats and post a link. Seriously dude.

no, here we go with facts.

you're upset because I proved you wrong?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Racist taunts are actually against the law?
It depends on the case. But there are laws against incitement to racial hatred and racial vilification.

Not referring to this particular case as we don't know all the facts. But in some cases it might offer a defence if it can be found that racism was involved. Depends a lot on what the magistrate thinks as well.

Dogs Of War

Coach
How is Benji facing suspension?? No word from the NRL in the article suggest it. typical bullshyte sensationalist headline. wouldn't have thought SMH would do that

To be fair, he should just be stood down for week 1. Just to be on the safe side. :sarcasm: