What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall not guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm

seaeagle sam

I would love the paper to name the bloke that he hit. His workmates, family and friends can all see the low dog that racially abused Benji.

OK mate, as I said all very well and good. You and the papers can name and shame all you want but what I want is proof. More proof than what you, his manager and the Tele say. The bloke may have done nothing wrong and you want to lynch him. Due f**king process. Without that we might as well have no courts and let the Telecrap and the simpleminded to hand out punishment.

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah and I'm sure the guy said Darren Lockyer is a better player than you and that set him off. Sounds to me of someone running away from being abused for being a knob.

OK mate, as I said all very well and good. You and the papers can name and shame all you want but what I want is proof. More proof than what you, his manager and the Tele say. The bloke may have done nothing wrong and you want to lynch him. Due f**king process. Without that we might as well have no courts and let the Telecrap and the simpleminded to hand out punishment.

Look I see your point. I just say where is the due process for Benji, he is plastered all over the media and may very well have done nothing wrong or was abused.

If this incident hapened between two non profile people (considering any injury appears to be very minor), no charges would be laid and the press wouldn't mention one word.

Moffo

Referee
Benji is a top guy, he shouldn't have responded to being provoked, but he'll learn from it

Nothing story imo. Media have blown this way out of proportion as usual. Sunrises coverage this morning was ridiculous. What a pack of wankers

Hench

Juniors
Wasn't Marshall in another incident a few years back but "It was a setup and the guy had a camera to film it.' ?

Maybe Benji using another excuse to get himself off?

jonno_knights

Juniors
53a5b944-529b-116a-157a-07267b3e26a1-ent_maddencovers_2000.jpg.jpg

Ram Man

Juniors
Wasn't Marshall in another incident a few years back but "It was a setup and the guy had a camera to film it.' ?

Maybe Benji using another excuse to get himself off?

My thoughts exactly.

Didnt remember the camera bit but I do remember him saying he was in an altercation because he was provoked.

Just walk away mate, you have a lot more to lose than some pissed idiot standing outside a maccas acting like a tough c___.

I am waiting for Phil Rothknob to come out and say that because Benji has form he should pay a $50k fine, and jail time.
And Des Hasler to whinge about how unfair his punishment will be.

Big Mick

Referee
Benji is a top guy, he shouldn't have responded to being provoked, but he'll learn from it

Nothing story imo. Media have blown this way out of proportion as usual. Sunrises coverage this morning was ridiculous. What a pack of wankers

What did those AFL wankers say?

I bet they didn't cover the AFL teenager too long did they?

Channel 10 were biased as hell this morning. Spent 5 minutes on Marshall, then 30-60 seconds on the teenager with only saying "She admitted she lied about being preggers to Sam Gilbert"

Biased as per usual.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What did those AFL wankers say?

I bet they didn't cover the AFL teenager too long did they?

Channel 10 were biased as hell this morning. Spent 5 minutes on Marshall, then 30-60 seconds on the teenager with only saying "She admitted she lied about being preggers to Sam Gilbert"

Biased as per usual.

I had sunrise on while I was getting ready this morning. If you didn't know better you would have though benji Marshall was stalking George street for defenseless blokes he could king hit. They spent plenty of time on it and not once did they mention that he has stated he was racially taunted, not once.

Then they spent the next part of the show interviewing a Melbourne talk back radio bloke about how this poor St Kilda player has had his life ruined by a the 17 year old. He said she came to him with the story originally but he didn't run with it because it was the wrong thing to do or some crap. If it has of been the same girl saying it was Billy slater I'll bet anythinghe couldnt have jumped on it quick enough.

If the alleged provocation proves to be correct, I have no problem with what Benji did.

What concerns me is that if the alleged provocation is correct, is there really someone stupid enough to go to the Police after getting popped for doing that?

I guess we'll find out...

Hench

Juniors
My thoughts exactly.

Didnt remember the camera bit but I do remember him saying he was in an altercation because he was provoked.

Just walk away mate, you have a lot more to lose than some pissed idiot standing outside a maccas acting like a tough c___.

Also, think about if the player involved was say, Justin Hodges.

Hodges comes out and says "I was called an aborigine, black c--t etc and that is why I did it."

This entire forum would be calling for a lifetime ban from NRL.

If the alleged provocation proves to be correct, I have no problem with what Benji did.

What concerns me is that if the alleged provocation is correct, is there really someone stupid enough to go to the Police after getting popped for doing that?

I guess we'll find out...

Well yeah, I think there are. And some out there seem to forget what they do when they have had a few. He probably feels he didn't say much to Marshall.

Ram Man

Juniors
Your first mistake guys was watching Sunrise....they are all geniused morons who know nothing about sport and will do anything to sensationalise stories to get ratings.

Latest posts