What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall not guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm

mave

Coach
you don't understand what has already been explained 1,000 times?

and why does it always come back to Stewart :?

remind me what punishment the NRL gave Watmong for beiing 55kmh over the speed limit and losing his license

explain it 1 more time for the dummies

The difference is that one ethnic group is a majority, while the other is a minority. While it's still sh*t behaviour to be calling someone a skippy merkin, it's worse when used against a member of a minority.

It's basically because, being part of the majority ethnic group, the chances of any ACTUAL discrimination happening is next to zero.

I say this as someone of anglo heritage ftr.

So it comes down to minority/majority then? So, if you are a student of a school that is 60% black then calling someone a black merkin is not racist?

El Diablo

Post Whore
explain it 1 more time for the dummies

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...matter-to-courts/story-e6frf3ou-1226017178140

"These are certainly different situations to the one we dealt with two years ago with Brett Stewart.

"In that (Stewart’s) situation there was clear evidence of misconduct on the night that was separate to the allegation of sexual assault.

"We left the allegation of sexual assault for the courts to determine, but we acted in relation to the misconduct that happened earlier on in the night.

"That’s a clear and stark difference with the situation we are dealing with now with Benji Marshall and I want to make that clear to everyone."

mave

Coach

age.s

First Grade
So it comes down to minority/majority then? So, if you are a student of a school that is 60% black then calling someone a black merkin is not racist?

Don't oversimplify. In the majority of places the gravitas has to do with the majority/minority relationship, in others it has to do with which ethnic group holds the balance of power (apartheid SA for example). The history of oppression is also important. In this country we white folk have very little to complain about as an ethnic group.

Surely you can see the difference between using the N word to a black man in Texas as opposed to downtown Kinshasa? You're a dickhead in both scenarios though mind you, not trying to suggest being called a white merkin is good behavior in this country. But there IS a difference.

mave

Coach
No his hatred for Manly gets in the way,

BTW if Benji happens to be found guilty will Gallop have the Balls to do anything

I don't expect or want Gallop to do anything to anyone, not Benji, Carney, etc., at least until proven guilty in a court of law.

I expect an apology to Stewart over the ridiculous suspension he copped.

The NRL suspending Stewart gave an immediate impression of guilt, straight up.

Now if Gallop has learnt from the Stewart incident , and decided that the NRL will have no input until "justice has been served" through the legal channels, then I applaud him and the NRL.

We still, though, await an apology.

I don't expect or want Gallop to do anything to anyone, not Benji, Carney, etc., at least until proven guilty in a court of law.

I expect an apology to Stewart over the ridiculous suspension he copped.

The NRL suspending Stewart gave an immediate impression of guilt, straight up.

Now if Gallop has learnt from the Stewart incident , and decided that the NRL will have no input until "justice has been served" through the legal channels, then I applaud him and the NRL.

We still, though, await an apology.

we wont ever hear him say it, I'm sure of that, while he works for News ltd he will never say sorry

lol Manly fans setting the bar a new high in the sandy vagina, homotional bitches category.

Don't oversimplify. In the majority of places the gravitas has to do with the majority/minority relationship, in others it has to do with which ethnic group holds the balance of power (apartheid SA for example). The history of oppression is also important. In this country we white folk have very little to complain about as an ethnic group.

Surely you can see the difference between using the N word to a black man in Texas as opposed to downtown Kinshasa? You're a dickhead in both scenarios though mind you, not trying to suggest being called a white merkin is good behavior in this country. But there IS a difference.

Being a minority has nothing to do with racism I'm afraid.