What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall not guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm

El Diablo

Post Whore
You miss the point on purpose, do you?

no

Manly have had two massive whinges about how Carney and Marshall were not punished

they have not yet had a whinge about how Watmong was also not punished despite being 55k's over his speed limit and losing his license

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
no

Manly have had two massive whinges about how Carney and Marshall were not punished

they have not yet had a whinge about how Watmong was also not punished despite being 55k's over his speed limit and losing his license

I will spell it out for you. Manly support the decision that Marshall WAS NOT punished.

Look:
Marshall, who was recently unveiled as the new face of the NRL, as Stewart was in 2009, escaped immediate sanction from the NRL on Monday pending his court appearance in Sydney on April 20. Manly has backed the decision but says it is inconsistent with the treatment of Stewart.
"In hindsight, in light of the NRL's most recent decisions in similar matters, the fact that Brett was suspended for four weeks and the club fined $100,000 would appear to be grossly unfair," Lowe said.
"The club doesn't take any issue with the recent decision of the NRL in the case of Benji Marshall. Allowing the legal process to take its course, without intervention, is the correct decision to take.
"The problem the Manly club and its supporters have is that the same support was not given to Brett Stewart."

skeepe

Immortal
:lol: @ Manly

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler, chief executive Graham Lowe and chairman Scott Penn fronted the media today, with Lowe reading from a prepared statement.

The club said it is furious that Stewart's name is continually linked with alleged bad behaviour by other players, in the wake of Todd Carney's arrest for drink-driving and Benji Marshall's assault charge on Sunday.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...at-nrl-over-marshall-plan-20110308-1blwn.html

The funniest part is that it's the club that are always bringing Brett Stewart into it! What a bunch of morons.

gronkathon

First Grade
Lowe, Hasler & Penn had a press conference to bitch about the fact that Stewart was mentioned by Gallop. They bitched that in the Carney case they were not told why it was so different to the Stewart case yet they turn around and bitch when, while explaining the Marshall incident, Gallop draws a clear line of distinction.

Poor angry old Dessie who still sports the prettiest mullet, Lowe whose heart attack clearly resulted in severe lack of oxygen to the brain and a daddys boy cum dumpster. Alot of pride in the Northern Beaches

Last edited:

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I love the fact that my club stands up for their players, and reacts to an obviously unjustified punishment. The fact that it annoys several moron opposition fans is only an added bonus.

El Diablo

Post Whore

El Diablo

Post Whore
I love the fact that my club stands up for their players, and reacts to an obviously unjustified punishment. The fact that it annoys several moron opposition fans is only an added bonus.

the only mob whinging are Manly and their toothless fans :lol:

derp

Juniors
I'm talking about the first one.
It was 10k
Anthony Watmough fined $10,000 for misbehaviour

NRL chief executive David Gallop said he was satisfied that the action was strong enough.
"We got an undertaking from Manly that a fine would be imposed," Gallop said. "Clearly any altercation with a sponsor is disappointing and we are pleased to see Manly take action."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...for-misbehaviour/story-e6freuy9-1111119118181

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You're all falling into the classic Manly trap. They want to be hated, and Dessie Doorsmasher and Graham Loweblow kicking up a stink over something that happened in the past is the perfect way for fans from other clubs to find a reason to hate them again (or still but more).

Feeling hated is the way Manly motivates itself, the 'everyone is against us' attitude. The best thing to do is ignore them.

morley101

Juniors
The following is not true but could be...

Who has the most to gain. The media...

Wouldn't surprise someone paid this guy to lay the charges. Instead of the
story dying after 48 hours....

Media "rewards" police to notify them when celebs get into trouble.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He should have been stood down.

Every other bloke who has done something wrong has been stood down........oh hang on....
forgot ...NRL... one rule for some and another rule for others.
Paul Gallen wasn't banned for this:

CRONULLA international forward Paul Gallen has allegedly brought the club into disrepute again after police caught him urinating near the head of a man in Sydney CBD on Friday night.

It is understood Gallen's alleged ''victim'' was a friend who was lying on the pavement in an intoxicated state after a night in town.

Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said he was ''filthy'' and ''gutted'' after learning that the off-field actions of a senior player who toured with the Kangaroos for the recent Four Nations tournament in England and France had again resulted in negative publicity.

''He'll be fronting us on Monday or Tuesday morning at the latest and we'll see what action we take on it,'' Irvine said last night.

''I'm filthy on it, I'm absolutely gutted. It's not a huge thing, it's a silly thing.

Full article: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...wee-bit-of-strife-with-law-20091212-kpt4.html

----

End result: A slap on the wrist. As it should have been. This despite the theatrics from your own chairman.

Get real racey, each case should be judged on it's own merits. You're not that dumb.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors

A Parramatta fan calling Manly fans toothless........ :lol::lol:

By the way, most League journalists and radio hosts seem to think we have a valid reason to be pissed off and are asking the same questions of Gallop as we are.

carcharias

Immortal
Paul Gallen wasn't banned for this:

CRONULLA international forward Paul Gallen has allegedly brought the club into disrepute again after police caught him urinating near the head of a man in Sydney CBD on Friday night.

It is understood Gallen's alleged ''victim'' was a friend who was lying on the pavement in an intoxicated state after a night in town.

Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said he was ''filthy'' and ''gutted'' after learning that the off-field actions of a senior player who toured with the Kangaroos for the recent Four Nations tournament in England and France had again resulted in negative publicity.

''He'll be fronting us on Monday or Tuesday morning at the latest and we'll see what action we take on it,'' Irvine said last night.

''I'm filthy on it, I'm absolutely gutted. It's not a huge thing, it's a silly thing.

Full article: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...wee-bit-of-strife-with-law-20091212-kpt4.html

----

End result: A slap on the wrist. As it should have been. This despite the theatrics from your own chairman.

Get real racey, each case should be judged on it's own merits. You're not that dumb.

UM

Where id I mention Paul Gallen ?

you're paranoid.

I was actually thinking about the likes of Lockyer, Thurston, Thiaday, cutie and bennies bumchum Darius.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
UM

Where id I mention Paul Gallen ?
I didn't say you mentioned Gallen.

You said: "Every other bloke". Gallen is a bloke... or not?

carcharias said:
you're paranoid.
Haha! Says the fella who thinks I'm trying to read his mind.
carcharias said:
I was actually thinking about the likes of Lockyer, Thurston, Thiaday, cutie and bennies bumchum Darius.
You didn't mention them as well.

Doesn't detract from your obvious duplicity on the subject.