What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji: try being loyal to your sport

magpie4ever

First Grade
They are not easily replaced at all. The best result for our sport is that the best rugby players play rugby league. Losing your star players to another sport is not a good result for rugby league. To say they are easily replaced is a cop out because there are some ordinary players in first grade.

SBW was always going back to union, whether it is next year or 2015 (Rugby World Cup year).

MrAnonymous

Bench
SBW - shithouse boxer
His record doesn't suggest that.
If he wasn't playing league and just concentrating on his boxing i am pretty confident he would be world champion.

He would f**k the Klitschko brothers up with 6 months full time training behind him.

El Diablo

Post Whore
If he wasn't playing league and just concentrating on his boxing i am pretty confident he would be world champion.

He would f**k the Klitschko brothers up with 6 months full time training behind him.

:lol:

he nearly got KTFO by a very old Frans Botha ffs

magpie4ever

First Grade

Shows you have no knowledge of boxing - either of the Klitschko brothers would bury himself in the 1st round. An old man had him done, so they shorten the fight by 2 rounds.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As a side discussion the opportunity to become an Olympian must be appealing. He'll I'd even take up union for a year for the opportunity to live in the Olympic village for a couple of weeks with all them fit beach volleyballers!

Nuffy

Bench
He will definitely be in the media when he's done... He's already over Channel 9.

I love joey... I think he's hilarious... But Benji is far more camera friendly and has more charisma than joey, freddy & gordie put together.

Mind you.... I thought Vossy was far better than Hadley... But 9 didn't think so...

Either way... If 9 don't pick him up... Sky NZ would take him in a heartbeat

Mate, you are kidding, Benji offers nothing substantive, also remember Joey et al offer insight from the position of all time greats, Benji was infrequently good, rarely justifying the hype. Do you really think channel 9 will be lining up to sign a player after 2 plus years playing yawnion, you are kidding.

He'll be forgotten in a couple of years, the caravan moves on.

Actually a good move for the Tiges, he's not been value for money for quite some time.

betcats

Referee

Are you being serious???,

Up there with the stupidest comments on LU ever if you are.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Didn't Benji send a whole lot of vitriol SBW's way in interviews regarding loyalty (particularly in relation to the Kiwis) when he jumped to union a few years back?

Seems his only options without looking like a hypocrite are to go to Super League (staying in game but not against mates) or to retire from professional sport in general (to media role or whatever)...

Hopefully he doesn't end up having an absolute blinder this week at the expense of my boys the Warriors!!!

MrAnonymous

Bench
:lol:

he nearly got KTFO by a very old Frans Botha ffs

Shows you have no knowledge of boxing - either of the Klitschko brothers would bury himself in the 1st round. An old man had him done, so they shorten the fight by 2 rounds.

He dominanted the fight for 10 rounds and that was with barely any training.
Botha got a lucky shot on SBW in the 10th and he was a little dazed but he was no chance of getting koed.

The fight was always a 10 round fight, that was a fox f**kup.

shiznit

Coach
Mate, you are kidding, Benji offers nothing substantive, also remember Joey et al offer insight from the position of all time greats, Benji was infrequently good, rarely justifying the hype. Do you really think channel 9 will be lining up to sign a player after 2 plus years playing yawnion, you are kidding.

He'll be forgotten in a couple of years, the caravan moves on.

Actually a good move for the Tiges, he's not been value for money for quite some time.
Like I said.... If Ch9 don't pick him up... SKY will...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Massive news.

A lot of kids are benji fans first and foremost.

Wests will struggle in 2014 on the field but I think their membership and crowds will struggle just as much.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think it is the best thing for both parties moving forward.

Benji may have a stellar Rugby union career, he may not, however if he does not want to be here then he needs to move on. It is a shame his manager fronted the club and not Benji himself but I would assume that is the way he handles things in negotiations.

We have stability and options within the club in both youth and senior ranks. It also allows a fresh start in terms of cap space and restructuring of the side.

We will miss his freakish abilities but not his freakish mistakes.

As a fan I am forever grateful to what he has bought to the Wests Tigers and in particular that magic run in 2005 which solidified the Joint Venture for many.

From my perspective his output no longer matched his price tag at it's current level and he believes he is worth more then the upgraded deal we offered and that is fine.

I hope he goes on and plays really well to end his tenure with the club on the highest note possible.

I also really hope we do not have to put up with the predictable sook fest on The Footy Show with his sycophant Sleau Ryan. Though I would expect it at some point..

The club does need to have any release conditional that he cannot play NRL for what would have been the remaining two years on his contract. That is just good business practice.

Exciting times ahead for both parties

Latest posts