What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji: try being loyal to your sport

Chook Norris

First Grade
Big loss for the Tigers off the field. Whether most people believe it or not, Benji basically was the Tigers to young fans

magpie4ever

First Grade
He dominanted the fight for 10 rounds and that was with barely any training.
Botha got a lucky shot on SBW in the 10th and he was a little dazed but he was no chance of getting koed.

The fight was always a 10 round fight, that was a fox f**kup.

f**kinunbelievable dumb arse comments. He has fought no-namers outside of an old man who nearly killed him.

gronkathon

First Grade
That and kids will follow a winning team. That is commercial reality.

In terms of sponsorship it is actually more likely to be based around Farah, Woods and a crop of exciting youngsters. The person who gained most in terms of sponsorship dollars from Benji is Benji.

There will be a dint in it but it will come back.

shiznit

Coach
not if he signs for the Tards

Not while he's playing for them... But once he finishes up SKYTV would take him easily...

He has profile.. He's good on camera... He's one of the most popular kiwi players of the modern era.

I wouldn't be surprised he pops up on skytv's World Cup coverage

hutch

First Grade
SBW was always going back to union, whether it is next year or 2015 (Rugby World Cup year).

Point is, our code is not better off for this if it happens. He is not replaceable, and our product should be strong enough to stop this from happening.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Massive news.

A lot of kids are benji fans first and foremost.

Wests will struggle in 2014 on the field but I think their membership and crowds will struggle just as much.

Tigers crowds are already a disgrace,joke of a club with or without Benji

Brutus

Referee
I thought with all our tv money we would be able to keep our high profile players.

Obviously not.

DC_fan

Coach
Point is, our code is not better off for this if it happens. He is not replaceable, and our product should be strong enough to stop this from happening.

But whose fault is it that he wants to walk away?

Yes he is replaceable, everyone is.

hutch

First Grade
Tigers crowds are already a disgrace,joke of a club with or without Benji

Been in the top couple of crowds in Sydney for quite a few years before this one. Horrible scheduling this year, poor form and fans sick of the way our club is being run have taken a massive toll though.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
What a stupid short term decision by him and his management.

Make some extra coin for a few years but give up a long term NRL tv gig in Australia.

Derp.

gronkathon

First Grade
His first year when Sheens isn't holding his hand and two things have happened.

1. He held a player meeting in the midst of our 7 game losing streak to try and rally players to demand Sheens reinstatement (was literally laughed out of the room)

2. Sooks and wants to pack his little bags and take off.

Says all I need to know

hutch

First Grade
But whose fault is it that he wants to walk away?

Yes he is replaceable, everyone is.

I disagree. There will always be superstar youngsters who go on to make a name for themselves, but the code is better if ALL of its superstar players are playing. What other sporting code loses its players as frequently as we do?

gronkathon

First Grade
Also I think he knew the writing was on the wall in terms of Rep selection. Who would have him as one of the first choice NZ halves?

ek999

First Grade
I thought with all our tv money we would be able to keep our high profile players.

Obviously not.

Has nothing to do with TV money. He simply wants a lot more money then he is worth for how he is playing. It would be like paying money for a Ferarri and getting a SsangYong

undertaker

Coach
Has nothing to do with TV money. He simply wants a lot more money then he is worth for how he is playing. It would be like paying money for a Ferarri and getting a SsangYong

More like paying for a Ferrari and getting a Datsun 1000:lol:

DC_fan

Coach
I disagree. There will always be superstar youngsters who go on to make a name for themselves, but the code is better if ALL of its superstar players are playing. What other sporting code loses its players as frequently as we do?

I agree it is better for League to have all its superstars playing. With Marshall, well I suppose it depends if you can still call him a superstar. In my opinion Benji is not the player he used to be. It's been sometime since we saw him consistently at his best.

As for our game losing players frequently. Well the only two players I can think of that we have lost are Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau.

Latest posts