What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

jenninga

First Grade
Wayne Bennett is holding a press conference this morning expecting to announce he is resigning as coach of the Knights

saint.nick

Coach
Man, the amount of fans that have already been sucked in by Mary, and prefer Mary to Uncle Benny. Do they learn!? I don't want to write the bloke off as a coach, but it's way too early to be thinking about a new contract for him. When a coach like Bennett suddenly appears on the market, you've got to take him. Let Mary get more valuable experience under a person who can actually coach (unlike Price), and then maybe give him the job after Bennett leaves.

hazzbeen

Bench
Man, the amount of fans that have already been sucked in by Mary, and prefer Mary to Uncle Benny. Do they learn!? I don't want to write the bloke off as a coach, but it's way too early to be thinking about a new contract for him. When a coach like Bennett suddenly appears on the market, you've got to take him. Let Mary get more valuable experience under a person who can actually coach (unlike Price), and then maybe give him the job after Bennett leaves.

saint.ni;ck........Right on mate people forget really easy yea we are going much better now that Price is gone and the 6 and 7 are gelling but lets wait a few more games , but in saying that if Bennett is available do we sign him now for next year or take a punt with Mary...... Id take Bennett.........

saint.nick

Coach
saint.ni;ck........Right on mate people forget really easy yea we are going much better now that Price is gone and the 6 and 7 are gelling but lets wait a few more games , but in saying that if Bennett is available do we sign him now for next year or take a punt with Mary...... Id take Bennett.........

I just don't find the logic in giving Mary until the end of the season to prove himself, before then choosing between Bennett and Mary based on how Mary went to rd 26. Mary could flop from now until the end, and Bennett could then already be poached by another club by the time we decide that we want Bennett. We need to make a decision now, because Bennett is highly sought after, and I'd rather choose a proven, coaching demi-god than an unproven apprentice.

Last edited:

Redvpassion

Juniors
I just don't find the logic in giving Mary until the end of the season to prove himself, before then choosing between Bennett and Mary based on how Mary went to rd 26. Mary could flop from now until the end, and Bennett could then already be poached by another club by the time we decide that we want Bennett. We need to make a decision now, because Bennett is highly sought after, and I'd rather choose a proven, coaching demi-god than an unproven apprentice.

It's a no brainier, if he is available, which Bennett is, then go all guns blazing to sign him.

The playing roster we have at the moment needs someone like Bennett to guide the young team and give them confidence. He is a coach that can bring out the best in any player.

Mary would be good assistant coach and will learn from super coach, once Bennett moves on, then give the reins to Mary. That's what I would do.

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
my mail this morning is that the creeping / hemorrhoid relationship is ending.

apparently the dogs are chasing hemorrhoid & given spazler's the coach, the father / idiot-son relationship will conclude.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
my mail this morning is that the creeping / hemorrhoid relationship is ending.

apparently the dogs are chasing hemorrhoid & given spazler's the coach, the father / idiot-son relationship will conclude.

Close to what I heard but insert Titans for Dogs...has been on for a while.
To help this, Mead was to go to Dogs.
Who knows mate? Folkes is looking good though :D

Latest posts