What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett apologises for Darius after monosyballic media conference

Ulysseus

Bench
f**k them
BUT, only stonewall the ones that deserve it, we know who they are, answer questions for decent journalists, if you can find one, in private :)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Funnily enough, you'd think there'd be a quote in there from Bennett indicating as such. Yet to no avail, nor are there any other media outlets are running with this story to this effect. Nor is there a release from the dragons on the website.

If the Dragons were really worried about this interview, surely there'd be a more formal statement than an article with no quotes.
It only happened this afternoon from what I understand...

Gaba

First Grade
WTF?

Read the article in the first post you gronk. It says he took the extraordinary step of apologise. Direct your whinge @ the Tele, not me.
It is believed Bennett apologised to some reporters for that incident, taking responsibility for their behaviour as he had asked the players not to say too much.
Unfortunately, he later explained, the players thought he meant say nothing at all.

there is no quotes or nothing, only what the telegraph thinks,

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
WTF?

Read the article in the first post you gronk. It says he took the extraordinary step of apologise.
Perhaps you should read it again. Starting with the source.

How can anyone believe that mob?
Direct your whinge @ the Tele, not me.
Tim, you're in this thread backing up the News Ltd version.

Don't take it the wrong way, you're not the first.

Quite frankly, who gives a damn if Boyd wasn't as articulate as they would have liked? How is that a story?

It's not a news article... it's just something trashy to sell to people looking for a bit of baseless gossip.

Hook, line and sinker... everytime.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
It only happened this afternoon from what I understand...
That doesn't ever stop newspapers from placing the articles on their websites. LeagueHQ in particular is often quicker than the Telegraph. If Bennett apologised, a release would have also been placed on our website ASAP.

To be honest, without a quote it just looks like another typical slanderous telegraph article without any facts. Had it not been this, it would have been something else in the paper tomorrow. It's their M.O at the moment.

Dragon

Coach
WTF?

Read the article in the first post you gronk. It says he took the extraordinary step of apologise. Direct your whinge @ the Tele, not me.

lol im the gronk for asking where the quote is? That is, the formal apology from Bennett. But you dont understand so ill save you the headache... there isnt one

You posted it it to get a reaction. You posted it earlier in the saints forum but that didn't garner enough attention for your liking. Try some critical thinking before you post garbage and make comment.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Darius doesn't carry on = no story for Tele to beat up.

Simple logic.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Actually, I supplied a second link that has the audio in it :lol:

But by all means, continue to get your back up over it Willow... :lol:
And again, who cares what he said?

You're here defending News Ltd.

Btw, I note that the ABC article with the audio did not sensationalise it at all. Why didn't you just post that piece? Not 'Womens Weekly' enough for you?

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
As idiotic as the media are when it comes to rugby league, it gives no excuse for the players/clubs/and a sport to be rude like that. The media is the ones that give them the attention, good or bad and you have to be presented well and Darius's handling was more poor. I know there is a fine line of giving the media what they want, but not enough to they'll turn it all on it's head (they do anyway so it doesn't matter), but regardless you have to be presented well otherwise it's just not a good presentation overall, and if you fail in the media well people just don't respect you. They are the key factors in what makes the world turn.

Gaba

First Grade

Simple logic.

Like the shirts and dragons getting favouritism from the nrl judiciary , no story there the telegraph still made up sh*t,

so your logic is wrong

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Simple logic.
How did he carry on?

By saying not enough?

No one would have cared about this if the tabloids didn't 'carry on'.

Work it out.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
As idiotic as the media are when it comes to rugby league, it gives no excuse for the players/clubs/and a sport to be rude like that. The media is the ones that give them the attention, good or bad and you have to be presented well and Darius's handling was more poor. I know there is a fine line of giving the media what they want, but not enough to they'll turn it all on it's head (they do anyway so it doesn't matter), but regardless you have to be presented well otherwise it's just not a good presentation overall, and if you fail in the media well people just don't respect you. They are the key factors in what makes the world turn.

arrg it burns it burns.

Mate change the f**king colour of your font

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Simple logic.
Just like we gave them a premiership shirts story to beat up, or "having the NRL running scared" to beat up, or "being arrogant" to beat up, or "Cop that Raiders smash arrogant dragons" to beat up?

They'll run with a story either way. So screw em.

bartman

Immortal
I saw the footage on TV, with the reporter on the left dropping his microphone and walking away. I thought it was funny tbh.

Talanexor

Juniors
Anyone ever seen Chris Sandow interviewed?

I'd rather short monosyllabic sentences than the copious amounts of unintelligible bullsh*t that come out of Sandow's mouth any day of the week.

(garble garble garble) eh, mate yeh eh it wuz gud mate eh (garble garble garble) an da boyz dun good mate eh (garble garble) we just playd off da bak o dat and dun good

I just want to punch him.

Latest posts