What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett apologises for Darius after monosyballic media conference

drake

First Grade
A footballer was inarticulate?!

Oh noes!! Call a national disaster!
He should have stuck to the meaningless drivel most players go with.

"Q: Up against the Broncos, excited about facing your old mates?
A: Yeah, nah, yeah, it will be a good challenge and hopefully our forwards can lay a good platform and we can go on from there.
Q: That excited?
A: um... yeah... obviously we are taking it day by day.
Q: Did you watch them play last week?
A: No I didn't, the coach will show us what we need and err hopefully our forwards can lay a good platform and we can go on from there.
Q: What's the strategy going into the game?
A: Hopefully our forwards can lay a good platform and we can go on from there.
Q: Happy to score another try, it was a good one?
A: Yeah, it was good, full credit to the boys though, and our forwards layed a good platform and we went on from there.
Q: Second one of the season, it's taken a while, you must be keen to be coming into form at the right time of the season.
A: yeah, I'm just following the game plan and full credit to the boys obviously.
Q: What are your thoughts on the way your team is going at the moment Darius?
A: Um, yeah,we're taking it one game at a time and hopefully our forwards can lay a good platform and we can go on from there.
Q: Are you fair dinkum?
A: Yeah. Obviously, full credit to footballers over the years for laying down a good platform of response and I can just go on from there"

_snafu_

Immortal
The vast majority of the journo's questions were leading questions (which anticipates a 'yes' or 'no' answer), wtf did they expect?

As for the 2 questions that gave an opportunity to answer other than a 'yes' or 'no' - the first he didn't know the answer and the answer to the second was non-responsive.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Boo friggin hoo!!

I mean how many Rugby League players today speak like Darius Boyd? I reckon the majority of rookie NRL players.

What does the media expect?

Waste of time? Its a waste of time writing about it in a newspaper.

DeeJ

Bench
No problems with what Darius did. Still, he has nothing on Wayne and his post press conference interview after the eagles game in 2007 on MNF!!!

It is on Youtube for those that have not seen it, but i am sure most of you on here would remember it.

Yes, I thought of that immediately and had a laugh when I read Bennett apologized for Boyd.

As for Boyd, obviously he didn't want to speak to the media and he shouldn't have to.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Telegraph might have easily found something else to eat at the Saints about,
You could put your house on it. But how much truth is in the story is more the issue.
Timmah said:
but if Boyd doesn't give these tiny meaningless responses, and just uses a couple of normal RL cliches, the situation is avoided and there's nothing to report.
You miss the point: there was nothing to report.

They have been misreporting for years Timmah. They kicked up a fuss and created an article from a nothing incident.

During the Coffs Harbour controversy, did you criticise those Bulldogs players for not saying much to the media? At the time, the media made a big fuss about the players attitude when asked questions.

Timmah said:
This doesn't compare to the premiership shirts story from last week - this actually happened, last week's story was a fabrication.
Last week was fabrication, and part of an agenda to lay the boot into the premiership leaders. This Boyd article is part of the same agenda.

The so-called Bennett apology is another beat-up. You believed it. It has nothing to back it up, apart from some paraphrasing from a publication that has a history of beat ups and leading their readers down the garden path.

Timmah said:
And I'll say it again, I hate the Tele
If so, then why do you keep promoting them?

If you hate the Tele, you must really loathe the ABC. As I said, you linked to ABC for the audio. There was an article there as well, it was just missing that 'New Idea' and 'Womens Weekly' edge. You opted to go for the Tele.

Timmah said:
I feel sorry for are the other journos who went there expecting a half-decent interview.
You feel sorry for the journos. If they can't take a dud interview, then find another job. But none of the other journos you 'feel sorry for' give a stuff. No other publication other than News Ltd made a fuss about it - none others created a story about this mysterious Bennett 'apology'.

Tell me, when the Bulldogs players were being rude to the media, did you feel sorry for the reporters then?

Timmah said:
There's no need for that crap.
What crap? There is no rape allegations, no salary cap cheating, no beating up on women, no drugs, no 'night club incident', no gun running, not even so much as a speeding ticket.

No club is perfect, and all have history.

But the paper you subscribe to has done their best to dig up some recent dirt on the Dragons. If this is the best they can come up with, Saints must be the cleanest club in the league.

**touch wood**

ouwet

Bench
Round 10?

:lol: St George supporters keep mentioning that game!!! It was 14 weeks ago, get over it mate! I personally couldn't careless.
Again St George supporters are the biggest whingers in the NRL... If anyone dares object to them, they get so offended... St George have had an easy run with the media... They're the last team who should complain, others have copped it worse over the years.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Good on ya Boyd - after all the crp you've received in the past - - I guess you could've put a few "you knows", a couple of "touch woods", a couple of "in my opinion". Either that or he should've just answered in third person - that would have been more interesting... big deal - he did a crppy interview... at least we know he's fair dinkum haha!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Hold on. Quality answers? This is a Rugby League player we're talking about. 70% of them have learnt to get out the book of quotes when answering interviewer questions, 5% are eloquent and 20% can't string two words together.

70% + 20% + 5% = 95%

What about the other 5% ?

Fein

First Grade
Willow, I read this with interest today.

You dont like “Beat_Ups” (Ch9)??
Hows the Tele’s GF T-Shirts story going!!
Leggy of Lithgow (Reply)
Wed 19 Aug 09 (01:08pm)

photo_384.jpg
Tele T-shirt story was 100 percent accurate.

Peter Doust made the mistake of ring Melbourne Storm to find out about the T-shirts and how to make money out of winning a grand-final.
It was a dumb move. Storm staff were always going to leak a story like that.
Phil Rothfield
Wed 19 Aug 09 (01:31pm)

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...e_dragons_peaked_too_early/desc/#commentsmore

Is Doust telling the truth?

Mr Saab

Referee
Why the hell would the journos travel down to the gong to interview Darius Boyd. Sure he is a test player and origin player, but its still Darius Boyd....not exactly the king of personality like say Wendell

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Good on him. He answered their questions, no issue from me. Who cares if they did not like the responses.

EXACTLY! They asked questions and he answered. Does he have to elaborate on everything now? Faaark them. They dont like it then they can go f**k themselves!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Why the hell would the journos travel down to the gong to interview Darius Boyd. Sure he is a test player and origin player, but its still Darius Boyd....not exactly the king of personality like say Wendell

the Dragons chose him to do the press conference to promote the game

Latest posts