What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett apologises for Darius after monosyballic media conference

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow, I read this with interest today.
You must have a lot of free time on your hands. Personally I prefer to get my news from a more reputable source.
Fein said:
Is Doust telling the truth?
Mate, if you want to believe a known gossip columnist over an official club media release, then by all means do so.

Contrary to certain assertions today, Grand Final T-shirts have never been discussed or ordered, such a product is managed by the NRL and their licensees.

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=19324

maestro1

Bench
I'm not harping about Round 10... You guys brought it up:lol: You Steelers supporters crack me up! Again with making things up...

This is Gold.. keep it up!

St George Steelers = Whingers.

Oh gee that hurts........Is that like the Canterbury RASBERRIES.......:lol::lol:

Fein

First Grade
You must have a lot of free time on your hands. Personally I prefer to get my news from a more reputable source.
Mate, if you want to believe a known gossip columnist over an official club media release, then by all means do so.

Contrary to certain assertions today, Grand Final T-shirts have never been discussed or ordered, such a product is managed by the NRL and their licensees.

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=19324

Given that Rothfield has repeated the claim and in light of his apparent one man war against the dragons, surely the management of the club should sieze upon this to discredit him to the hilt.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You could put your house on it. But how much truth is in the story is more the issue.You miss the point: there was nothing to report.

They have been misreporting for years Timmah. They kicked up a fuss and created an article from a nothing incident.

During the Coffs Harbour controversy, did you criticise those Bulldogs players for not saying much to the media? At the time, the media made a big fuss about the players attitude when asked questions.

Last week was fabrication, and part of an agenda to lay the boot into the premiership leaders. This Boyd article is part of the same agenda.

The so-called Bennett apology is another beat-up. You believed it. It has nothing to back it up, apart from some paraphrasing from a publication that has a history of beat ups and leading their readers down the garden path.

If so, then why do you keep promoting them?

If you hate the Tele, you must really loathe the ABC. As I said, you linked to ABC for the audio. There was an article there as well, it was just missing that 'New Idea' and 'Womens Weekly' edge. You opted to go for the Tele.

You feel sorry for the journos. If they can't take a dud interview, then find another job. But none of the other journos you 'feel sorry for' give a stuff. No other publication other than News Ltd made a fuss about it - none others created a story about this mysterious Bennett 'apology'.

Tell me, when the Bulldogs players were being rude to the media, did you feel sorry for the reporters then?

What crap? There is no rape allegations, no salary cap cheating, no beating up on women, no drugs, no 'night club incident', no gun running, not even so much as a speeding ticket.

No club is perfect, and all have history.

But the paper you subscribe to has done their best to dig up some recent dirt on the Dragons. If this is the best they can come up with, Saints must be the cleanest club in the league.

**touch wood**
The entire story has obviously struck a nerve with you.

Here's the bottom line and I'll say it again - Darius gives a normal interview, there's no story. It's as simple as that. Yeah, we might well be discussing something else the Tele fabricated instead, but in this instance, the Tele didn't manufacture the story, Darius handed it to them on a platter.

As for assertions from Dragons chief Peter Doust that they have made no such approaches regarding Premiers merchandise, let me assure you now that his statement isn't entirely true. While the NRL and their licensees indeed hold the right to the initial GF t-shirts, the club almost always produces their own version as well.

gronkathon

First Grade
How can a monkey play a thoughtfull tune if he in monosylabbic?

You need two symbols to make godd dat noise.

Speaking of da monkeys do you guys rate dat Davy Jones cat as goodum songwriter?

Daydream Believer is good song for da rumpy pumpy

Pierced Soul

First Grade
FMD this is only a story cos the telecrap wants to make it into a story, just liek they whinegd about coaches a few weeks ago for having media bans

Iafeta

Referee

Here's the bottom line and I'll say it again - Darius gives a normal interview, there's no story. It's as simple as that. Yeah, we might well be discussing something else the Tele fabricated instead, but in this instance, the Tele didn't manufacture the story, Darius handed it to them on a platter.

As for assertions from Dragons chief Peter Doust that they have made no such approaches regarding Premiers merchandise, let me assure you now that his statement isn't entirely true. While the NRL and their licensees indeed hold the right to the initial GF t-shirts, the club almost always produces their own version as well.

Yep, agree. All it does is make the player out to be a dope. The term I would use to describe the interviewee is childish.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Some are defending the childish (nice one Iafeta) display of Darius Boyd :lol: ?? I mean really? If this was Bennett in a Bronco shirt or a Darren Lockyer, a Greg Inglis, a Camerson Smith type player, there would be hell to pay. The usual suspects leading the charge.

Now we have some of the most self righteous fans here on the forum "defending their man" like Katie Milligan did despite knowing her man was in the wrong ... gold.

Put this in the classic threads forum.

For once, I agree with Timmah here.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was you who started the thread Timmah, and continued to be outraged by a nothing incident. Backing a crusade of self righteousness against a player that chose to say nothing. Makes me wonder what people do when a real news story comes along. Oh that's right, they go into gossip overload.

It's a discussion forum, and you don't like anyone disagreeing with you. I can see that. You could always report me. lol

Timmah said:
Here's the bottom line and I'll say it again - Darius gives a normal interview, there's no story.
Do you think if you say it enough times, it might start sounding credible? How very tabloid of you.

Tim, there was no story. You just don't get it. They created a story out of a nothing incident. A run-of-the-mill beat up.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
It was you started the thread Timmah, and continued to be outraged by a nothing incident. Backing a crusade of self righteousness against a player that chose to say nothing. Makes me wonder what people do when a real news story comes along. Oh that's right, they go into gossip overload.

It's a discussion forum, and you don't like anyone disagreeing with you. I can see that. You could always report me. lol

Do you think if you say it enough times, it might start sounding credible? How very tabloid of you.

Tim, there was no story. You just don't get it. They created a story out of a nothing incident. A run-of-the-mill beat up.

Like I said ...

Now we have some of the most self righteous fans here on the forum "defending their man" like Katie Milligan did despite knowing her man was in the wrong ... gold.

You'd be a loyal and loving wife Willow ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Willow, it's not my fault you can't see past your own bias... you are right - it is a nothing story - but it wouldn't have even been that, had Darius had bothered to open his mouth.

Latest posts