What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny out, Delaney in

Hurriflatch

Referee
HE was talking to him after the game apprently it was only like Friday morning when he knew he was going to be in.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Phillips said:
Ashley Graham's career as a footballer is over. End of story

unfortunatley I thinl you're right phillips

he was so good a few years back, but he has fallen from grace

I expcet he'll end up with Muzza at the Gold Coast

eloquentEEL

First Grade
He's been playing well in PL and got selected for NSW residents. He's only 21 and if he can stay injury free, will make a comeback of sorts. He could turn out to be another Tonga situation. I'm not saying he will, but he could.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lets just say it was an eels forum backline movement which lead to a try and went to the video replay only to be denied for something we're still scratching our heads over.

What am i talking about??

eelaholic was at the game early yesterday watching the earlier games when she was approached by Colonel to reveal that he had heard that Benny's out and Delaney has been called up, holic's thinking, great, I have a scoop!!..I'll let Hellchick and eelz47 know and they can post it on the forum page to give everyone a heads up on what's going on. which she does and Hellchick started this thread.

I was at the back of the KT stand 5 minutes before kick off when I saw the players return to the sheds from their warm up and noticed one Ben Smith dressed up ready to rock'n'roll, suffice to say I was a little confused.

After the match I decided to confront holic give her ribbing about her scoop and compared the post to the infamous "Tim Smith on tripple M" thread.

At the pub later Brett "Frog" Delaney walked past and we had a bit of chit chat at the game with myself Hellsy, Nix and Myself..I then asked Brett that there was a rumour circulating that he was going to promoted to firsts to cover for Benny? he said yep! that was correct I was on "standby" for Ben who was crook, but decided to play in the last minute.

so there you go!...I thought it was fare to clear the air in terms of the rumour!

hope everyone has an awsome night.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well gald thats been sorted out

I would've liked to have seen Delaney play 1st grade but I'm sure he'll get his chance soon enough

Macca_

Coach
eelavation said:
At the pub later Brett "Frog" Delaney walked past and we had a bit of chit chat at the game with myself Hellsy, Nix and Myself..I then asked Brett that there was a rumour circulating that he was going to promoted to firsts to cover for Benny? he said yep! that was correct I was on "standby" for Ben who was crook, but decided to play in the last minute.

There is 2 of you?

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
Lets just say it was an eels forum backline movement which lead to a try and went to the video replay only to be denied for something we're still scratching our heads over.

What am i talking about??

eelaholic was at the game early yesterday watching the earlier games when she was approached by Colonel to reveal that he had heard that Benny's out and Delaney has been called up, holic's thinking, great, I have a scoop!!..I'll let Hellchick and eelz47 know and they can post it on the forum page to give everyone a heads up on what's going on. which she does and Hellchick started this thread.

I was at the back of the KT stand 5 minutes before kick off when I saw the players return to the sheds from their warm up and noticed one Ben Smith dressed up ready to rock'n'roll, suffice to say I was a little confused.

After the match I decided to confront holic give her ribbing about her scoop and compared the post to the infamous "Tim Smith on tripple M" thread.

so there you go!...I thought it was fare to clear the air in terms of the rumour!

hope everyone has an awsome night.

Thankyou very much Eela.
You people always want late gossip and changes and so when we get something that has come from a person who VOLUTEERS FOR THE EELS on game days you have to assume it is a good call and we post it. Then when it is wrong we get ribbed.

Don't worry, next time I'll keep it all to myself :sto: :sto:

I had an awesome night

eelsta

Bench
Hellchick said:
Thankyou very much Eela.
You people always want late gossip and changes and so when we get something that has come from a person who VOLUTEERS FOR THE EELS on game days you have to assume it is a good call and we post it. Then when it is wrong we get ribbed.

I had an awesome night

i hear you hellsy, i was also told about delaney being on standby, but after my info on peto turned out wrong and only because of a change of mind by manly, i'm a bit wary of posting anything i hear because at the end of the day
things can change quickly.....

Hellsy

Immortal
Thanks Eelsta.

And just to add onto that, Ben Smith was taken off in the 2nd half, he was/is not a well boy. He was white as a ghost out the back after the game, his brother was carrying his bag for him. I asked him how he was and he used his hand to indicate 'so-so' while shaking his head.
He picked up a bit back at the Rose n Crown for the function the have but left very soon after it was over

Haynzy

First Grade
Hellchick said:
Thankyou very much Eela.

I had an awesome night

Any ribbing from this part of the woods was strictly tongue in cheek.
I appreciate your updates. (right or wrong ;-) )

I had an awesome night too

Hellsy

Immortal
Haynzy said:
Any ribbing from this part of the woods was strictly tongue in cheek.
I appreciate your updates. (right or wrong ;-) )

I had an awesome night too

I know... my :sto: was tongue in cheek too :D

eelaholic

First Grade
See, not all my fault entirely! Usually colonels hot tips given early game day have been correct, so I guess I took a chance in spreading the news!! My sincere apologies to those who were, "inconvenienced" by the info. I guess you could still have called it the unconfirmed rumour. Apart from giving me "bogus" info, I guess you could say, the bugger even made me buy raffle tickets too!! I better bloody win damnit!!

eelaholic

First Grade
Hellchick said:
I wish there was more of that done on my part last night...... had to drive home

same here!! Oh well, big one for me tonight anyway!

But if we have had been drinking we would have been renacting "the god must be crazy" along with eelz47 rather than pissing ourselves laughing at him!