What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny out, Delaney in

Parrasque

Juniors
Eels Supporter said:
Just a little information for you all - Brian is not "dirty" on Ash for that Knights game. In fact Brian, unlike a lot of you, does not blame Ash for the loss. As a matter of fact Ash is not available for tonight's game as he was injured at training during the week. And while I am at it, I would like to let you know that I am Ash's Mum and have had a gut full of your bagging of him. You call yourself "supporters". You may be "fans" but you are certainly not supporters. And I might add that I am thoroughly disgusted with the so called "fan" who threw a bottle at Ash during the Knights game. Perhaps you could go watch a replay of the game and maybe you will reconsider where the blame for the loss lies. This is the NRL. Not just one person can be responsible for a loss. Okay, he made a few mistakes, but he is only a kid. For those of you who are calling for some young ones to be given a go - fyi Ash is just 21 years old (8 weeks ago) - the same age as Ben Smith and a lot of the other boys. It has got to the stage where I hope from week to week that he is not selected in the First Grade so you can find someone else to bag, and to blame if the Eels lose. Ash is very down on confidence at present and has been for a long time. But it is understandable if you knew the treatment he was getting. When Smithy puts him on notice for NRL and even has him train with the NRL side and then at the last minute tells him that he has changed his mind, it is no wonder that he is not growing in confidence. When he first went to the Eels Crusher told me that he would learn a lot from Brian, but that Brian plays mind games with the young ones and this causes a lot of the young ones to move on I found that hard to believe. But I certainly now know what Crusher was talking about.

I please ask that you be mindful when you wish to bag players on this forum that you try not to be personal. I imagine other parents read this forum too. It hurts to read some of the garbage that some of you post.

I could go on but I think I have got my point across now.

You are a bad lier

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I don't know Physique... I just checked the post history and pretty much every post is defending Ash

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Eels Supporter said:
Just a little information for you all - Brian is not "dirty" on Ash for that Knights game. In fact Brian, unlike a lot of you, does not blame Ash for the loss. As a matter of fact Ash is not available for tonight's game as he was injured at training during the week. And while I am at it, I would like to let you know that I am Ash's Mum and have had a gut full of your bagging of him. You call yourself "supporters". You may be "fans" but you are certainly not supporters. And I might add that I am thoroughly disgusted with the so called "fan" who threw a bottle at Ash during the Knights game. Perhaps you could go watch a replay of the game and maybe you will reconsider where the blame for the loss lies. This is the NRL. Not just one person can be responsible for a loss. Okay, he made a few mistakes, but he is only a kid. For those of you who are calling for some young ones to be given a go - fyi Ash is just 21 years old (8 weeks ago) - the same age as Ben Smith and a lot of the other boys. It has got to the stage where I hope from week to week that he is not selected in the First Grade so you can find someone else to bag, and to blame if the Eels lose. Ash is very down on confidence at present and has been for a long time. But it is understandable if you knew the treatment he was getting. When Smithy puts him on notice for NRL and even has him train with the NRL side and then at the last minute tells him that he has changed his mind, it is no wonder that he is not growing in confidence. When he first went to the Eels Crusher told me that he would learn a lot from Brian, but that Brian plays mind games with the young ones and this causes a lot of the young ones to move on I found that hard to believe. But I certainly now know what Crusher was talking about.

I please ask that you be mindful when you wish to bag players on this forum that you try not to be personal. I imagine other parents read this forum too. It hurts to read some of the garbage that some of you post.

I could go on but I think I have got my point across now.

Well maybe if he wasn't so ordinary we wouldn't bag him as much!

It's not entirely his fault, he hasn't been the same since Webcke accidently ruined his leg (and possibly his career) in 2003, but why should he be excused from bagging? He's one of the worst defenders in Rugby League and he makes more stupid errors than Luke Burt (and that's alot)! He's not a first grade footballer and I can't wait until his contract is up so another club can put up with him and his inept performances.

And that confidence stuff is a load of rubbish. How do you propose Brian helps him get it back? Put him in FG every week so he can cost us games more often just like the Brisbane game? Yeah right. This isn't U/7's so we can't say "at least he tried" (although I really doubt he even does that), when he plays HORRIBLY, he has to wear the consequences.

Where was this kind of support when Ben Kusto f**ked up everytime he played? Oh no that's right, it's ok to bag him now he's gone but you can't bag everybody's pet Graham. Ash is hopeless, only he can fix it and bagging anyone who bags him won't help anything. Get over it.

eelz47

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Well maybe if he wasn't so ordinary we wouldn't bag him as much!

It's not entirely his fault, he hasn't been the same since Webcke accidently ruined his leg (and possibly his career) in 2003, but why should he be excused from bagging? He's one of the worst defenders in Rugby League and he makes more stupid errors than Luke Burt (and that's alot)! He's not a first grade footballer and I can't wait until his contract is up so another club can put up with him and his inept performances.

And that confidence stuff is a load of rubbish. How do you propose Brian helps him get it back? Put him in FG every week so he can cost us games more often just like the Brisbane game? Yeah right. This isn't U/7's so we can't say "at least he tried" (although I really doubt he even does that), when he plays HORRIBLY, he has to wear the consequences.

Where was this kind of support when Ben Kusto f**ked up everytime he played? Oh no that's right, it's ok to bag him now he's gone but you can't bag everybody's pet Graham. Ash is hopeless, only he can fix it and bagging anyone who bags him won't help anything. Get over it.

do you have kids?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelz47 said:
do you have kids?

No, but I'm well aware that parents feel the need to defend their children, but at the same time I think I have the right to defend what I believe and I refuse to kiss anybody's rear end just because they're somebody's mother.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hey Ash's mum, this is life !!!

Why does the guy next to me get promoted and not me?? Should I sulk and hide in my shell??

I can well understand ash is young and might be going through a confidence problem. Then if that's the case, he is not ready for the NRL.

He has to learn to strengthen his weaknesses and go the extra mile to regain the confidence of the coach. If Brian won't help him go through videos and work on his deficiancies, find someone who will.

He has to just keep playing well in PL and keep on knocking on the door. If brian doesn't see he is ready, maybe another club will and give him the opportunities.

I do not know much about what goes on in the club but when I read about Timmy asking BS to sit down and review videos with him in his own time really impresses me. It shows that he will go the extra mile.

I enjoyed watching ash in attack and really wished he would have kicked on after having a brilliant match in the centres against the bunnies (I think). But his deficiencies were shown and now he has to work on fixing.

I apologize to you if this seems harsh.

Hellsy

Immortal
Can we start this in a new thread please moderators???

This one is meant to be about Delaney, not poor ole Ash

Hellsy

Immortal
Fair point.... Maybe Twizzle will be on line????

TWIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please make a new thread for the Ash posts.....

Hellsy

Immortal
I am off to the footy now, I just didn't want this thread to turn into the bagging of a player when it wasn't even started about that individual.

Hopefully there will be good things to post after the game about Delaney, but he is a good strong centre and a good goalkicker to boot!