What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Backline in 2007

Surely

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
One pass does not make Gasnier a 6.

Gasnier does have a knack for beating defenders, but he does this out wide, one on one most of the time, it's alot harder to isolate defenders and get on the outside of them closer to the action.

Wouldn't fullback be the better option if you wanted to give Gasnier more ball? He could pop up anywhere, inject himself, and not have the resposability of a number 6.

He's a bit of a poser isn't he, i could easliy see him reposing :)

JJ

Immortal
surely the Raider's backline is easily the best, just like their forwards led by the immortal ginger midget :sarcasm:

Bench
JJ said:
surely the Raider's backline is easily the best, just like their forwards led by the immortal ginger midget :sarcasm:
Skeepe thinks its the most dangerous,and people think Tigers fans are deluding themselves.:lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
aids said:
has finch ever played under a laid-back coach?
might result in a change of attitude for him, which is really one of his main faults

I hope so! Thankfully he doesn't worry me too much...he has the talent to be very good for us, but he also can be easily replaced by Blake Green, Feleti Mateo or James Maloney if need be...

For Parra I would like to see;

1-Hayne
2-Burt/Lett (I don't believe Inu is ready for first grade)
3-B Smith
4-Tahu
5-Grothe
6-Finch/Green
7-T Smith

Phillips

Referee
i think Finch will do well in the #6 jersey with no pressure

his late season form with the roosters wasnt too shabby

Mr Saab

Referee
Phillips said:
Finchs late season form with the roosters wasnt too shabby

Always easier to perform when there is no pressure or a big buildup for him.
He came in late for origin one and played well and kicked the winning field goal.
He played the next game and went though all the buildup and played like he was a cross between Paul Cariage and Steve Mavin

Red Bear

Referee
Phillips said:
i think Finch will do well in the #6 jersey with no pressure

his late season form with the roosters wasnt too shabby
Him n Lewis were playing pretty well together, then Soward would come on and f**k everything up

ShineDog said:
You may as well dream about the past as the Tigers will be fighting for the spoon this year....Lucky they can't go back to Premier League in 08.

Like the spoon we were supposed to win in 05, I enjoy being predicted to come last

likely tigers backline will be

1.Hodgson
2.Moodie
3.Collis
4.Whatuira
5.Fitzhenry
6.Morris
7.Marshall

than we have lots of depth with Jeffrey,Lawrence,Eshman,Tuiaki,Chase and Danny Galea

caylo

Bench
if everyone looked at finch, he played well with fittler, lost the plot when he went, he was playing wih soward, or wing in the halves who are more running halves then geniuine skilled 5-8. Then anaster came in, same story, he is a running 5-8. Finch needs to play with an organiser, like fittler. He did that with lewis, and produced his moments of brillients which he was noted for doin with fittler there. If timmy get back to his best (as he was starting to show before he did his colar bone), he and finch could be fanomial. Parramatta has the class in the backline (Tahu, Grothe, Hayne are real strick weapons), and good young players coming through (benny, Inu, Reddy, Lett, David Williams). The only problem is our depth is realy there, outside of our 1st grade team most players are unproven... no real experiance there. I think out of the 7 possies 6 players are assured starts at the beginning of the year (hayne, Benny, Tahu, Grothe, finch, timmy). the only real desition is where to play hayne(id say fullback but he may stay on the wing). then imo its between Burt, Inu and reddy for the last possition... like to see Inu given a go.

D

Deleted member 10972

fanomial, anaster, desition, possition, brillients, geniuine, colar, strick, experiance. Are you serious mate?

caylo

Bench
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
fanomial, anaster, desition, possition, brillients, geniuine, colar, strick, experiance. Are you serious mate?
yer im sorry, every1 has their flaws... mine is spelling and i understand that completly. I am a maths/science nerd, i just dont get along with english... sorry for not being perfect

vikingstorm

Juniors
ShineDog said:
Bulldogs backline seem to cop some criticism , but on paper they are a fairly decent backline.

1. PATTEN
2. UTAI
3. TONGA
4. EMELIO / MILLARD.. ( BACK UP CENTRES SONNY BILL / MAITUA)
5. EL MASRI
6. HOLDSWORTH
7. SHERWIN

However , the Storm /Manly / Brisbane and Dragons have the best backlines in my opinion.

Is that the same Andrew Emilio who guested for Widnes Vikings Last Year.

He was at best average

caylo

Bench
vikingstorm, someone said it... the dogs backline is average. They have solid lst grader but bo real superstars out wide. But with a forward pack they have, most halves will capitualise... so it doesn't realy matter that much, its not like they are a bunch of no hoper *cough*radiers*cough*

D

Deleted member 10972

caylo said:
yer im sorry, every1 has their flaws... mine is spelling and i understand that completly. I am a maths/science nerd, i just dont get along with english... sorry for not being perfect

*pat on back* it is okay buddy. :p

gallagher

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Eels without a doubt

1. Hayne/Reddy
2. Inu/Burt
3. Tahu
4 Smith/Hayne
5. Grothe
6. Finch/Mateo
7. T Smith

That sh*ts over atleast 3/4 of NRL sides backlines, potentially a backline that can cause any defense massive problems.

Eels without a Doubt????? You needed to pick 10 players. Seems like you have plenty of doubt yourself.

caylo

Bench
gallagher said:
Eels without a Doubt????? You needed to pick 10 players. Seems like you have plenty of doubt yourself.
well like i said that there where 6 players preety much stamped in, Inu, Burt, and Reddy will fight out for the last spot. That isnt much doubt if u ask me. Ron also picked Mateo, which i think u will see come off the bench, and play a backrow/5-8 role, similar to widders... which is why he probably has finch/mateo, we may see finch come off at one stage, or have Mateo as a second 5-8 option etc. i don't think we will see mateo start all that often in the backline, with his size he is destended to be a backrower

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Panthers:
1. Wesser
2. Gordon
3. Moke
4. Lewis
5. Rooney
6. Aiton
7. Gower

Storm:
1. Inglis