What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best opening to a movie

Life's Good

Coach
What does 'KW' in your avatar mean?
Kenworth - IMO the best trucking brand ever.
I come from a trucking family(my late father owned & drove a few KW’s red & white over the years). With Burt Reynolds passing a few weeks ago I got all nostalgic & watched Smokey & the Bandit, forgetting how much I loved this movie as a kid.
The opening song takes me back to watching it with my dad as a youngster.

Fire

First Grade
I come from a trucking family(my late father owned & drove a few KW’s red & white over the years). With Burt Reynolds passing a few weeks ago I got all nostalgic & watched Smokey & the Bandit, forgetting how much I loved this movie as a kid.
That's a nice story mate - I like it.

gUt

Coach
^ Came in here to nominate that

Ghostbusters opening scene has to be up there

Silent Knight

First Grade
There's some real quality already mentioned in this thread. The best have been covered but I'll try to think of some that haven't been mentioned...

The Bourne Supremacy - up to the point where Marie gets killed. Gut wrenching.

Enemy at the Gates - where the Russian soldiers are ordered to charge and if they retreat they get shot by their own comrades.

Dracula - the scenes where Dracula went off to war, lost his beloved and then renounced Christianity. Purely because of Gary Oldman's acting ability, the guy is just awesome.

Danish

Referee
another vote for Dark Knight. That bank heist scene introducing the joker is the first of the 3-4 scenes that trick everyone into thinking that is a good movie (as opposed to just a bunch of random filler you sit through in order to get to the next joker scene).

One that hasn’t been mentioned I don’t think. UP. Stands on its own as a perfect 10 min short

thorson1987

Coach

Kenworths are great for long distance (especially if it is an 18 speed) but I would be lying if I said I didn't love driving Volvos around Sydney. So comfortable, great turning circle and much better aircon/heater system.

azzah72

Bench
Jurassic World 2 opening was pretty great. Exceed JP1.

Lord of war was pretty good.

Children of Men

Touch of Evil for an oldie but a goodie (I am still not sure how they pulled it off)

Latest posts