What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Call Saul

myrrh ken

First Grade
Great ep. loving it all.

The one thing I'm not buying is Hank and Gomey. They've both lost a bit of pep, Hank in particular, from the BB days. you think the'd have more of it.

Incorrect

Coach
Great ep. loving it all.

The one thing I'm not buying is Hank and Gomey. They've both lost a bit of pep, Hank in particular, from the BB days. you think the'd have more of it.
Agreed on the Hank and Gomey assessment. I know they provided a little bit of comic relief on occasions in the BB days but it feels like they're doing nothing but in BCS so far and it feels a little forced...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I just binge watched everything from halfway through S4, damn this show just goes from strength to strength: I always thought it was a great companion piece to BB with a different tone but I’m loving how the two have intersected so perfectly. I think BCS has a stronger overall cast of characters too, I’m particularly loving the way Jimmy/Saul, Mike and Nacho are all being simultaneously drawn deeper into the criminal underworld by Fring, all for different reasons. Plus Kim is a good character and her interactions with Jimmy in the legal world are so much better than the one dimensional Walt/Skylar dynamic.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Finally caught up, been an awesome season (anything over 3 seasons usually flattens out at some stage but this has been going awesome).

That lunch meeting scene had me in stitches

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That lunch meeting scene had me in stitches

Jimmy/Saul’s pranks/setups this season have been next level, I love how he’s still got the crew of film students on his payroll and they’re fully in on the capers. The whole setup to get Huell’s charges dropped was hilarious too.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Jimmy/Saul’s pranks/setups this season have been next level, I love how he’s still got the crew of film students on his payroll and they’re fully in on the capers. The whole setup to get Huell’s charges dropped was hilarious too.
When he finally snaps at him could have gone better though

AJB1102

First Grade
I just binge watched everything from halfway through S4, damn this show just goes from strength to strength: I always thought it was a great companion piece to BB with a different tone but I’m loving how the two have intersected so perfectly. I think BCS has a stronger overall cast of characters too, I’m particularly loving the way Jimmy/Saul, Mike and Nacho are all being simultaneously drawn deeper into the criminal underworld by Fring, all for different reasons. Plus Kim is a good character and her interactions with Jimmy in the legal world are so much better than the one dimensional Walt/Skylar dynamic.

I watched S1 when it came out and in the wait for S2 I fell away. So with plenty of time at home and seeing S5 was out I thought I'd be cheeky and do a 30 day free Stan trial confident I could bash out 5 season in 30 days. Didn't realise S5 was dropping weekly eps and my free trial ends days before the season final drops lol bugger.

Kim's demise/exit will be interesting I think because she's the only main character really who doesn't feature or rate a mention in BB from memory yet she's a massive part of Jimmy/Saul's make up.

The whole setup to get Huell’s charges dropped was hilarious too.

That cracked me up. That and sending hookers to Howard's lunch with Jimmy watching making his own narrative "Howard are these your hookers?" .. "No, no sir my hookers are taller".

T-Boon

Coach
I think Jimmy's efforts to get fired from Davis Main (against that floppy air man image) is the funniest scene. Just brilliant stuff.

AJB1102

First Grade
I think Jimmy's efforts to get fired from Davis Main (against that floppy air man image) is the funniest scene. Just brilliant stuff.

hahaha yep that was pretty awesome too. Taking inspiration from wacky inflatable tube man explains the origins of his colourful attire from there on.

You'd think the normal or natural way would've been BCS coming before BB but no one would've give a f**k about Saul, Mike or Fring without knowing them in BB first. Then people were interested where they came from.

T-Boon

Coach
hahaha yep that was pretty awesome too. Taking inspiration from wacky inflatable tube man explains the origins of his colourful attire from there on.

You'd think the normal or natural way would've been BCS coming before BB but no one would've give a f**k about Saul, Mike or Fring without knowing them in BB first. Then people were interested where they came from.

even though I prefer BCS to BB by a big margin I actually have to agree that that is true.
It just wouldn’t have gotten off the ground.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nice little bait and switch by the writers there, whenever the cousins show up you KNOW bodies are gonna start dropping... but this time they weren’t the ones dropping them, they just handed over the bags and left

that scene at Madrigal Electromotive was interesting too. I think we’re a thusly going to eventually find out what went down in Santiago with Fring by the end of it all.