What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash League 2011/12

aussies1st

Staff member
Don't think it's worth having the review for domestic T20, not having hot spot and the nature of the game just doesn't suit it.

MSIH

Bench
Hmmm. Based on the two conflicting responses I have just received it sounds like it shouldn't have been reversed. It's a bummer because 90% of the crowd just want to see Gayle.

The fact they looked at the replay about 5 times shows there was obviously some doubt.

no name

Coach
Hmmm. Based on the two conflicting responses I have just received it sounds like it shouldn't have been reversed. It's a bummer because 90% of the crowd just want to see Gayle.

All the evidence pointed to him PROBABLY being out. Wasn't definite, so you have to wonder why have a referral system that isn't definite? The inconsistency is also a major concern.

This years Big Bash is showing that you can't load up on 2 big names,& pad out your squad with rubbish..

Like most sports..

The Scorchers are the form side ATM..Gibbs has been a revelation & Coulter Nile has been super impressive..

They should win this competition, they didn't really bring in any superstars, but they've got a solid XI and no hacks in their team. Compare them to the thunder who brought in a few stars (Warner, Gayle) and have to rely on hacks in they fail. They have some good T20 players mixed in with experienced cricketers and overall seem to have the right balance. The only team I can see knocking them off is the Sixers if their batting clicks on the right night.

aussies1st

Staff member
Scorchers batting ain't that flash once you get past the openers. Gibbs stepping up has really helped and likewise North. Outside of that there hasn't been anything.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The fact they looked at the replay about 5 times shows there was obviously some doubt.

that's what i didn't understand

if he was so sure why did the decision take him 2 minutes?

still a crap 1 man team in regards to their batting

Scorchers batting ain't that flash once you get past the openers. Gibbs stepping up has really helped and likewise North. Outside of that there hasn't been anything.

Marsh, Collingwood and Katich are all handy batsmen, none of them have really been called on to have a big innings yet as North and Gibbs are going so well. I suppose we'll know a little more after tonight when we see how they go without Gibbs.

aussies1st

Staff member
Marsh, Collingwood and Katich are all handy batsmen, none of them have really been called on to have a big innings yet as North and Gibbs are going so well. I suppose we'll know a little more after tonight when we see how they go without Gibbs.

They have actually - http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/524918.html http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/524930.html

Collingwood is average in T20 cricket, Katich is better but he has failed in 3 out of 4 digs.

cleary89

Coach
Lol @ all the merkins who picked thunder over sixers.

Hobart could win it, but imo Perth huge favourites. Sixers have a chance and Stars do if White learns how to bat.