What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest ever prelim final crowd coming up?

skeepe

Immortal
When Canberra gets over 15k its bloody remarkable

I agree. We have horrible crowds. But that's not the issue here.

I'm of the firm belief that all finals matches should be sell-outs, regardless of their location. I realise we're a long way from that, but surely that should be the aim? You can't tell me that you couldn't find 80,000 people in and around Sydney who want to see this game. Surely.

The Tank

Bench
I agree. We have horrible crowds. But that's not the issue here.

I'm of the firm belief that all finals matches should be sell-outs, regardless of their location. I realise we're a long way from that, but surely that should be the aim? You can't tell me that you couldn't find 80,000 people in and around Sydney who want to see this game. Surely.

I'd say there'd be about half the city's population who'd love to be at this game, but unfortunately it doesn't always equate to bums on seats (other than lounge chairs of course).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think they'll sale past 50k. As for biggest Prelim Final crowd ever? I'm not entirely sure.

Pazza

First Grade
i imagine there would be quite a few people ordering tickets once they get home tonight after work!

sheerawesome.jpg

StormChaser

First Grade
It's entirely possible ANZ members were added to the pax figure overnight or late yesterday. There was also the myNRL pre-sale in between the members and general public last night. And then 46 minutes of public sale before we saw the 40,255 at 9:46am today.

PAX numbers are supposed to represent the order in which tickets are sold. The term PAX is short for Passenger, and is usually indicative of how many people have purchased tickets.

:lol::lol::lol:
Wrong!! For the last time- It’s a numerical representation of the barcode, its basically something the human eye can recognise and if we type it into the ticketing system it gives us various info about the barcode… used mainly on event days to see if a barcode has been used, to stop people copying one ticket and it working over and over again etc
Its very technical buthas nothing at all to do with the number of tickets sold!
They do not represent an accurate account of tix sold Because
It depends on what paxkey is used to create the original event, so the original number that it starts from is random and is often not 0. Each master event has a paxkey that the whole event is based on, and it creates from that all the following barcodes in the event. unless you are a programmer for Softix, whatever general knowledge you have about barcodes is just that. General. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

benoir91

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:
Wrong!! For the last time- It’s a numerical representation of the barcode, its basically something the human eye can recognise and if we type it into the ticketing system it gives us various info about the barcode… used mainly on event days to see if a barcode has been used, to stop people copying one ticket and it working over and over again etc
Its very technical buthas nothing at all to do with the number of tickets sold!
They do not represent an accurate account of tix sold Because It depends on what paxkey is used to create the original event, so the original number that it starts from is random and is often not 0. Each master event has a paxkey that the whole event is based on, and it creates from that all the following barcodes in the event. unless you are a programmer for Softix, whatever general knowledge you have about barcodes is just that. General.

Thats probably true, but IMO it is still a relatively accurate representation of tickets sold.

In both Eels vs Tigers and Eels vs Panthers the attendance was extremely close to the last pax number stated.

Also 2GB announcing 40500 tickets were sold this morning at 11am is pretty much identical to the PAX numbers stated here at 11am.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So what does PAX actually stand for then smart-ass?

Sorry, but whenever I attend a game and buy a ticket at the gate, it's always within one or two thousand, sometimes even closer, to the official crowd figure. It's somehow related, there's no denying that.

skeepe

Immortal
So what does PAX actually stand for then smart-ass?

Sorry, but whenever I attend a game and buy a ticket at the gate, it's always within one or two thousand, sometimes even closer, to the official crowd figure. It's somehow related, there's no denying that.

My understanding was it's the amount of tickets that have been printed. Sure, some may get cancelled, returned or not used, but it's usually a fairly accurate guide. Or so I've been told.

Latest posts