What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill Tupou to the Raiders

shiznit

Coach
That article labeled him a star... Lol

Hope he goes well at the raiders. He always seemed like a good kid.

As a Parra fan I'm pretty worried that we were desperate to pick him up.

JoeD

First Grade
Good luck to him. Does it seem like more ex warriors are playing NRL than they used to? It seemed like it used to be once you were a warriors cast off you either went to SL or retired.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good luck to him, solid player when on form but I think he's been overtaken by both Fish and Laumape now.
Re the Raiders, reckon they're buying cover for Ferguson in case they have to punt him?

Iafeta

Referee
Surprising how little fight Bill had that he felt he needed to leave to advance his first grade prospects... he's been in reserve grade, what, a month? I suppose the writing was on the wall, but then again all three of them are young blokes, anything could have happened.

Good player, underrated. That said, once Ferguson and Edrick Lee are back he may struggle to crack Canberra's first grade team too. If he wanted a settled first grade spot, Parramatta IMO would have been the best fit for him.

slammingsam

Juniors
@LowCeee: Just heard about one of the dox leaving!?Frick!!!!!!whats going on!! Sad to see you go but congrats cuz...rip it up dox #OfaAtu

Sione Louse Twitter

jaseg

Juniors
I'm not too bothered. Even though he probably had his best season so far here he had still dropped to 3rd in the pecking order for the only real open position in the backline. What I am concerned about is letting him go to a potential top 8 rival midseason. If he had gone to Parra it wouldn't have mattered, and they were apparently interested... but we're trying to catch the Raiders right now, why give them extra depth/options this year?

Also, the Raiders just signed Jordan Rapana as well. I wonder if they're getting ready to dump Ferguson after the end of the month (past the deadline so he can't sign for another team this season - since the NRL some-bloody-how let Dugan do it, they can't be trusted in Ferguson's case either)?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Smart move by both player and club imo. While I'm not sure about releasing him this season, I have no doubt he would struggle to get near first grade next season.

Happy to see him go as he was only standing in the way of Laumape, Fish etc.

Surprised he went to Canberra instead of the eels. Once Lee and Ferg are back he may struggle for game time, at the eels he'd be a starter.

Timbo

Staff member
I don't know much about him, is he any good? Truthfully I think we signed him as a back up player in case Ferguson is out long term.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Also, the Raiders just signed Jordan Rapana as well. I wonder if they're getting ready to dump Ferguson after the end of the month (past the deadline so he can't sign for another team this season - since the NRL some-bloody-how let Dugan do it, they can't be trusted in Ferguson's case either)?

I think the club genuinely likes fergo so he will only be sacked if he gets banned for life or something insane. We lose earl next year and Dugan going means Robinson has been moved to fullback. We are simply skinny for quality 3/4s if an injury happens to lee, croker, fergo or wighton. Like next year without the signings it would be Sami saiuluma as the first back up and he's played 1 game of nrl. After him some under 20s kid ? Who knows.

vvvrulz

Coach
I don't know much about him, is he any good? Truthfully I think we signed him as a back up player in case Ferguson is out long term.

He doesn't set the world on fire but he's a good hard trier who gets involved and has a decent turn of pace if he gets some room.

I was always a fan of his, at least in attitude if not skill. But as many have said here we probably don't need him at the moment now that others have stepped up.

hitman82

Bench

He's spent his entire first grade career playing on the wrong wing, but has still manage to do a decent job. Played on the left wing, he would go well in my opinion.

Tupou's strength would be powerful dummy-half running and kick returns. He's pretty quick off the mark and puts in 100%.

Weakness would probably be defense... though he was partnered with gumby centres during much of his time here.

The only reason he's leaving is due to Fish finding form, Laumape emerging as a future star, and us securing Tomkins. Our backline is going to be stacked.

Timbo

Staff member
Cheers for that. Sounds like he was surplus to your requirements and exactly what we need to fill our injury/suspension gaps.

Would not be surprised to see him play Friday night tbh.

Latest posts