What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater - Great GF Moment

firechild

First Grade
I agree.

My point was that fans discounted the moment based on their first impression and didn't bother clarifying.

It deserves recognition.

Fair comment. I've watched the game quite a few times and while the first try is brilliant (not dissimilar to the Cronk-Slater try this year), that play was one of the best GF plays in the last decade.

bottle

Coach
Greatest moment in global history - not just grand finals!

No doubt, it should be replayed at the next Arab-Israeli peace summit.

Just a question, which moment are we talking about again? The one from your club, the one from my club, or the Sattler one?

Hutty1986

Immortal
What about when Brett Kenny threw a dummy, and they fell for it!

That reminds of the time Andrew Johns swung his leg and his foot came in contact with the football, resulting in the ball going downfield and as a result the opposition had to start a set in their own half of the field, rather than where the ball was originally kicked!!

Meth

Staff member
That reminds of the time Andrew Johns swung his leg and his foot came in contact with the football, resulting in the ball going downfield and as a result the opposition had to start a set in their own half of the field, rather than where the ball was originally kicked!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Packy

Bench
Was Simostorm always a raging nutter? I hadn't noticed until this thread.

On the Slater play. Good move. Saw 10 (20? 30?) better try saves this year in the regular comp though.

bottle

Coach
Was Simostorm always a raging nutter? I hadn't noticed until this thread.

On the Slater play. Good move. Saw 10 (20? 30?) better try saves this year in the regular comp though.

Yes, particularly early on. Although he had tended to show some signs of improving.

Clearly his man love of Billy has pushed him back over the edge. Perhaps more lithium is needed.

simostorm

Bench
haha.. now now lads.. just enjoying my team winning the GF and the great moments that came with it.. such as Slater's brilliant moment that we've all been discussing and have all come to realise is such a brilliant play.

bottle

Coach
haha.. Now now lads.. Just enjoying my team winning the gf and the great moments that came with it.. Such as slater's brilliant moment that we've all been discussing and have all come to realise is such a brilliant play.

rageguy.jpg

betcats

Referee
haha.. now now lads.. just enjoying my team winning the GF and the great moments that came with it.. such as Slater's brilliant moment that we've all been discussing and have all come to realise is such a brilliant play.

Shut up s**t, chew up these mushrooms.

simostorm

Bench
Seriously though.. what would be the best GF moments in each gf since 1990?

90 - ?
91 - Royce Simmons try
92 - Steve Renouf length of field try
93 - ?
94 - ?
95 -
96 - ?
97 - Andrew johns... Albert try
98 - ?
99 - Blacklock try and Penalty try
00 - ?
01 - Tahu try
02 - Villasanti hit
03 - sattler tackle
04 - ?
05 - benjo flick pass
06 - eh..
07 - Crocker belting Stewart
08 - eh..
09 - Fui's try
10 - ?
11 - ?
12 - Slaters defensive effort on Morris / Cam Smith effort on Ennis / Cronks kick and pass for tries

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
02: Fittler's bounce-back performance after the Gorillasanti hit
03: Satts tackle/Rooney match-sealer (great vision from Priddis)
04: Ryan's match-saver on Crocker in an incredibly tight finish, Hazem scored a great try as well I think?
05: Benji flick fo' sho'
06: Melbourne's tears were a highlight
07: N/A
08: Beaver's late try, Robbo's hat-trick
09: Fui's great try, N/A otherwise
10: Youngy scoring under the sticks, pointing to the Dragons emblem on his chest. Amazing.
11: Lyon's match-sealer to send Manwee fans into raptures
12: The crucial O'Neill try right on half-time, Melbourne's amazing defence

Joker's Wild

Coach
Seriously though.. what would be the best GF moments in each gf since 1990?

90 - ?
91 - Royce Simmons try
92 - Steve Renouf length of field try
93 - ?
94 - ?
95 -
96 - ?
97 - Andrew johns... Albert try
98 - ?
99 - Blacklock try and Penalty try
00 - ?
01 - Tahu try
02 - Villasanti hit
03 - sattler tackle
04 - ?
05 - benjo flick pass
06 - eh..
07 - Crocker belting Stewart
08 - eh..
09 - Fui's try
10 - ?
11 - ?
12 - Slaters defensive effort on Morris / Cam Smith effort on Ennis / Cronks kick and pass for tries

01 - Simpson holding up Ryan over the line in the 25th minute. Huuuugggee play