What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater > Karmichael Hunt

Loudstrat

Coach
The same sterlo who said that the game is boring today?
Please
Give me the past 10 yrs ......

Last 10 years isn't today numbnuts.

And to the dimwits laughing at Brett Kearney - City jersey = rep jumper. City jersey for a young man = rising rep status. If he continues his rise, soon he'll be only a Brett Stewart injury away from an Origin jumper - possibly as early as 2010.

As for cutie - at the same time he'll be in a Dragons jumper trying to resurrect his career with Bennet.

hellteam

First Grade
Last 10 years isn't today numbnuts.

And to the dimwits laughing at Brett Kearney - City jersey = rep jumper. City jersey for a young man = rising rep status. If he continues his rise, soon he'll be only a Brett Stewart injury away from an Origin jumper - possibly as early as 2010.

As for cutie - at the same time he'll be in a Dragons jumper trying to resurrect his career with Bennet.

Brett Kearney isnt that young... he's 25. Two years older then Brett Stewart and only one year younger then Kurt Gidley.

Karmichael Hunt is 21.

I think your logic is wrong.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Fullbacks generally don't do well defending in the front line. Sort of invites chip and chase tries.

FFS.

yeah cause we saw plenty of chip and chase tries the past three yrs.....oh and Hunt has been in all three series....and won them all.
Hunt is a winner and Mal sees that...Bennett has nothing to do with his selection.

Johns Magic

Referee

Gidley will always be picked for Origin over Kearney and rightly so.

Wade McKinnon would be next NSW fullback in line after Stewart and Gidley(and Minichiello). Then Luke Patten. Only after those 5 fullbacks would Kearney even come into consideration for a Blues jumper.

Loudstrat

Coach
Queenslanders not following logic again. I was referring to Franks claim of hunts defence in the last origin - as it was in the front line and entirely different to fullback. You see fullbacks usually don't have a prop standing next to them which would deter an attacker using a side step to get ar.....

never mind. As Marvin the paranoid andriod said: "What's the point?"

hellteam

First Grade
Queenslanders not following logic again. I was referring to Franks claim of hunts defence in the last origin - as it was in the front line and entirely different to fullback. You see fullbacks usually don't have a prop standing next to them which would deter an attacker using a side step to get ar.....

never mind. As Marvin the paranoid andriod said: "What's the point?"

No, continute, I want to see where you are going with this...:sarcasm:

Mr Saab

Referee
Gidley will always be picked for Origin over Kearney and rightly so.

Wade McKinnon would be next NSW fullback in line after Stewart and Gidley(and Minichiello). Then Luke Patten. Only after those 5 fullbacks would Kearney even come into consideration for a Blues jumper.

Misty is having his midlife crisis again. Kearney :lol:
A city country rep jersey...yeah he is definately under consideration for an origin jersey sometime soon.
Kearney is like Brett Finch....gets picked when everyone else falls over

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Whoops.

Slater had a great series and in no way should he carry the sole blame for what happened tonight, but he did get a bit ahead of himself, from the moment he tried to run the ball to the tryline without passing to Lockyer before nearly bombing that first try, to.....well nuff said.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Its one thing to beat up the likes of Fiji and England...its another to play SAFE in a final.
Fullback play for dummies....its what Slater needs for Xmas.
All you Slater lovers that bag hunt for being a "prop" and running the ball back hard...well this just proves why it should be done that way.
Congrats Slater...you have joined the Brett Hodgson class for costing teams victories.

Whoops.

Slater had a great series and in no way should be blamed for what happened tonight, but he did get a bit ahead of himself, from the moment he tried to run the ball to the tryline without passing to Lockyer before nearly bombing that first try, to.....well nuff said.

Two points behind and he does that. It was the beginning of the end. I have no problem putting a large proportion of the blame on Slater. Arrogant play from an arrogant player.

Azkatro

First Grade
I don't really get the love for Billy Slater? Yes he is exciting in attack but he is quite erratic overall, as people have mentioned he couldn't secure a spot for QLD. His positioning is far from the best, and while his running game is top notch his passing is extremely hit and miss. Also as NSW showed if he gets belted he will go missing.

After the 2008 season I would even rank Brett Stewart ahead of him, overall he is a more polished player. Hunt would have to be the best percentage fullback in the game, he will always get you excellent kick return metres and is dependable at running the second man play (ie he won't throw the final pass 20m over the winger's head).

Matt Bowen is somewhere in the middle of all that I think, his unpredictability in attack is a big weapon, plays a very good second 5/8th role, but also like Slater he can go missing if he gets rattled in defense.

So with all that in mind, I'd say Hunt -> Stewart -> Slater -> Bowen.
f**k I'm clever :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
Not clever by putting cutie on top!

Common thread about Slater haters. They are all cutie lovers. No one mentions Brett Stewart.

Latest posts