What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater on field bullying. A low act

Dazraider

Juniors
hahhahaha , ok i admit defeat you just proved that depression is a disease as your obviously getting depressed that you cant prove what your talking about

Dutchy

Immortal
I know for sure that Depression is a Mental Illness. You are the one coming out and arguing that it isn't. How about find some evidence and prove to me that Depression is not a Mental Illness.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Lol.

There is a difference between feeling depressed and having clinical depression Daz.

Dazraider

Juniors
Hey guys RELAX!!, im not saying that im right , im just expressing my opinion that I do not belive this is a disease, just like smoking its a habit people fall into.

Diseases kill you if not treated, Not you kill yourself cause you feel down.

Anyway im not going to win this debate and never expected too, i just dont understand why some members are getting upset and calling me names like they are back in school.

They obviously must have this disease then if im upsetting them that much

Dutchy

Immortal
A disease doesn't mean death, Raider. Anything from a disability and injury to infections... Pretty much anything that causes pain or dysfunction. It is a very broad term.

CRY-1.jpg

you are a weak, low piece if sh*t

good to see you have gotten on top of it drake.......well done

stormbati

Bench
It amazes me what they come up with, one minute a type of food is good for you then its bad for you and so on.
Then someone stuffs up and they come up with these new names for their mistakes that call a disease.
its all excuses and next thing you know they wil come up with a disease that effects people paying their debts
:lol: didnt they have one for people always speeding a couple years ago?

stormbati

Bench
I really dont understand this, some people go through so much tragedy in their lives and are stronger for it, they get on with life, but then you have others who get this "illness"
I dont mean to sounds like a p.r.i.c.k but come on

If someone is mourning the death of someone for a while and struggle to move on, this is depression to me. How can this be an illness?

j0nesy

Bench
I'm surprised by the lack of understanding of depression on these forums. Having experienced family members and friends suffering from depression I can tell you it's not just a case of "sucking it up and getting on with it". It is a diagnosed condition, often it is a chemical imbalance in the brain.

While I think it is low act of Slater's to use Parker's illness as means of getting under his skin, Corey Parker should expect such things if he is going to play competitive sport. He should not be playing in the NRL until he has his illness under control. And judging by his measured reaction I'd say that he does. If he didn't have things under control I would have expected a repeat of the Ian Roberts vs Garry Jack incident.