What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy the CAT !!!!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I haven't see the Lolesi incident yet, and obviously Slater deliberately did the kick.

What is it about Tigers v Storm games? They often turn out like this. There really is some bad blood it seems between these teams.

Balmain_Boy said:
Piss off mate.

I'm saying the video evidence must show some difference to previous incidents, otherwise they simply wouldn't give him 90 points. From what i've seen it looked a 4-8 week offense. I can't see how the judiciary could get it that wrong.

Don't be a trackhead and assume I'd whinge. As long as my players don't get injured I don't care too much.
All this in the "Billy the CAT !!!! " thread started by Balmain Bug. :lol:

Assumption justified I think. :badgrin:

Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I haven't see the Lolesi incident yet, and obviously Slater deliberately did the kick.

What is it about Tigers v Storm games? They often turn out like this. There really is some bad blood it seems between these teams.
Just ask Ink I'm sure he could drag out non-related events dating back pre Australia settlement :lol:

colonel_123

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
so ones a powerderpuff the others tougher than a brick wall?
that should mean lolesi should be able to play this weekend?
piss off.

The difference wasn't the extent of the injury.

While they were both late hits to the head, the difference was Hopoate hit Galloway with his elbow, where as Lolesi connected with his upper arm/shoulder.

While I agree that Lolesi got off lightly, it's a very different incident to the Hopoate one.

Eddie.

Bench
Lolesi's one is interesting.

Like Balmain Bug said the judicary simply could not get a charge so wrong, they must have seen valid reason in the footage to only give him 90 points. The initial contact was not high, however im not sure how relevant that becomes when his shoulder then comes into contact with the neck/head as he jumps up. It wasn't an elbow.

He was certainly late though and deserved a week or two for that on its own.

Its a shame that Billy did it, he is a very talented footballer and has the capacity to do great things in RL. But there seems to be a real dirty streak in his game.

HoLLuS

Juniors
I personally loved Warren Smith's and Laurie Daley's comment after the Lolesi hit..."he's lucky he hit his head with his shoulder not elbow'.....very much in contrast to the comments made re Morley's shoulder charge, which was nowhere near as bad.

**** I hate Smith!!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
MONY said:
bird deliberately used his knee... slater didnt intend to kick him in the face.... its not like he thought to himself "hey look there is skando, maybe i should kick him in the head"..

Interesting looking at what happened

- Slater is tackled and off loads the ball
- 1 of Slaters legs is released
- Slater looks back and sees Skando around his other ankle
- Slater then lashes his boot towards Skando's head whilst looking back at him
- Slater then decides to piss bolt as far away as possible as soon as Skando gets up

Tell me how you can see from the replay that Slater didn't show intent in what he did

innsaneink said:
Fair enough. Yeah....the footage, its pretty clear cut eh?

Yep...alright..Slater lies on the couch for a few weeks...fair call...but do you have to keep on raising it like he is some sort of prick of a league player.

:roll: :roll:

Lolesi deserves to walk as well...your thoughts ??

kia ora storm said:
Yep...alright..Slater lies on the couch for a few weeks...fair call...but do you have to keep on raising it like he is some sort of prick of a league player.

More like "your rant?

innsaneink

Referee
kia ora storm said:

If people keep saying Slater "did nothing", then I'll keep on it.
Anyone player that kicks another in the head IS "a prick of a league player" imo.

Lolesis looked bad, looked worse that it was imo...was definitely late, and highish....no elbow as has been mentioned, I think Johnston copped it mainly in the chest/shoulder and his head may have been glanced.

No way did it warrant a send off, a week or two off fair punishment....

camsmith

Juniors
Simple brain explosion, Billy is as nice of a guy as you would meet.

Now time to move on. Or we can talk about the Lolesi incident if you wish.

innsaneink said:
If people keep saying Slater "did nothing", then I'll keep on it.
Anyone player that kicks another in the head IS "a prick of a league player" imo.

Lolesis looked bad, looked worse that it was imo...was definitely late, and highish....no elbow as has been mentioned, I think Johnston copped it mainly in the chest/shoulder and his head may have been glanced.

No way did it warrant a send off, a week or two off fair punishment....

Mate...just forget it...is it obvious that you cannot agree to disagree...keep ranting on if you wish...as for Lolesi...whatever you say. :roll: :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
kia ora storm said:
Mate...just forget it...is it obvious that you cannot agree to disagree...keep ranting on if you wish...as for Lolesi...whatever you say. :roll: :roll:

I dunno wtf you want me to aggree to disagree on....I can understand how you want this shameful episode put to rest, its disgraceful.
You know, you were the one that initially said he "did nothing"...I mean, how blind are you?

Latest posts