What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

God-King Dean

Immortal
''Playing footy is what I do and that is my main source of income so if I don't play football I don't do anything, '' Ferguson said.

:lol:

Red Bear

Referee
If you show a bit of remorse and understanding for what you've done you're more likely to be back on the park. Acting like you've still done nothing wrong, despite having been found guilty, is not going to endear you to the NRL or the football watching public. Nor give any indication that you should be playing again.

super_coach

First Grade
If I was making the call, two year ban, but under very strict conditions and all players were okay to it, I would allow him back to the Raiders after a one year ban, but he would have to sign a three year deal with plenty of conditions attached to it. I just think the Raiders deserve a break, they produce so many top players only to have them go off the rails or piss off.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The last thing Raiders need is a drongo like him back. They need to get their culture and professionalism sorted out, not be taking back drop kicks like this kid.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I really hope the NRL take a stand here, it will be an embarrassment if they let him stroll back in.

They need to make players learn that playing in the NRL is a privilege not a right, and simply being good at footy isn't enough to earn you that privilege. He's a great player but the NRL is full of great players, he won't be missed.

Chook

First Grade
And here I thought Fergo Binks was just a simple derro from wello, but he can actually count to two.

Chook.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
As a Raiders supporter, I honestly do not want him back. He was carving up this year before he went on the vag hunt. Whether he was found guilty of this incident or not, he was bound to stuff up significantly, he just never seemed to have the desire to actually better himself.

betcats

Referee
As a Raiders supporter, I honestly do not want him back. He was carving up this year before he went on the vag hunt. Whether he was found guilty of this incident or not, he was bound to stuff up significantly, he just never seemed to have the desire to actually better himself.

He is a cancer, playing the best footy of his career and he still managed to hurt his club.

In some respects it would be jnice to "show mercy" to Blake Ferguson. The problem to me is though that no comments either from him or his advisers indicates that he has any remorse or sense of regret at doing anything wrong. It is being made out as if all the problems that have occurred in his life are because of someone else.

I can name 2 exmaples that should be looked at as having been in similar situations: Todd Carney and Jake Friend. Both got punted from their clubs. Both of them had to do the hard yards to learn that being a professional rugby league player is a privilege earned through hard work and discipline. Carney by his year long sojourn in Atherton, and Friend by working in a sandwich shop.

Ferguson may have things in his past which contribute to his problems, but until he realises they are HIS problems and shows that he is doing something to deal with them, and most importantly, take responsibility for his problems, then nothing will change and the chances are he will relapse into his old ways.