What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloodbath! Todd, Flano, Irvine and the Carney Army

chewsta

First Grade
I really hope that those of the TCA also get wind of the fact that the Sharks are the boys in the black, white and blue NOT the blue,black and white. It drives me nuts. BW&B4L!!!

I was actually going to ask why so many people refer to us as the blue, black and whites.
The teams own song clearly says black white and blues. Whats the go with that?
& yeah, it is annoying and just sounds wrong.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Well I always liked the bugs bunny cartoon featuring Yosemite Sam who gets killed somehow and gets processed straight down a big shute where the devil opens up a huge book and looks up his 'record' and exclaims, " you've been a bad one haven't you" or words to that effect. The look on sams face is very funny as he contemplates eternity in hell

Last edited:

The Popper

Bench
Pops got a Seniors Card and a Concession Card. He'll be right. Ive got to wait a couple of years to get 'me' seniors.

I have too, Quigs. They enable me to live life a little more cheaply and to do things I normally couldn't afford to do. Now that's something for a young bloke like you to look forward to too, Quigs. Ripper!!!

Quigs

Immortal
I have too, Quigs. They enable me to live life a little more cheaply and to do things I normally couldn't afford to do. Now that's something for a young bloke like you to look forward to too, Quigs. Ripper!!!

I can't wait to get those subsidised train trips. I'm going to dedicate my every discounted train ride to Reefy's taxes.

I like Damian, both personally and for what he has done for the club, but one of his mates should tap him on the shoulder and give him a quiet word about pulling back, and getting his head out of the papers and social media.. It is starting to get a David Brent feeling about it all..

Apologetic: Ex-Cronulla boss Damian Irvine intends to say sorry to the Sharks players. Photo: Getty Images
Former Cronulla chairman Damian Irvine intends to personally apologise to players and staff affected by the ''misplaced words'' that cost him the job, regardless of whether he is successful at the board elections.
Irvine stood down from the post after claiming players were injected with ''equine substances'', prompting a furious response from staff and players and opening himself up to legal action. However, he is confident he can work with all parties if successful at the polling booths, which close on Sunday.
His hasty resignation and commitments overseas prevented him from contacting the affected parties, but Irvine vowed to sit down with them face-to-face to clear the air. ''There will certainly be an opportunity to catch up with them,'' Irvine said from the US. ''I'm not shy in terms of acknowledging and looking people in the eye and offering an apology, saying that things could have been done better.
''I would do that to any bloke at that club still, even the guys that left. I'd sit down directly with them one-on-one. I've got no problem with that, I've always done that and I would do it in the future. In regards to relationships, a lot of people have been hurt and disillusioned by this whole ASADA investigation on a lot of levels. There's going to be a lot of soul-searching and a lot of honesty in the future coming out of the club in terms of people's relationships.
Advertisement
''I don't just mean my relationships. The whole place, because it's been so rapid and everyone is under the pump, I haven't even had a chance to say goodbye to the team. On and off the field, even with the commercial side, it was also very quick. There was so much going on.''
Irvine, who was confident he could work with coach Shane Flanagan and the players if he was elected, said he paid a heavy personal and professional toll over his comment. ''It has been [tough]. A lot of work has gone into the last four years and I was disappointed in myself for letting the pressure get to me,'' he said. ''I was more down on myself than anything. You can't dwell on these things and there has been great support as well as the knockers. You have your ups and downs but it's been tough. I've put so much time into the club and I just hope I haven't messed that up with a couple of misplaced words.
''It was a disappointing thing that happened in regards to the comments I made. But four years is a longer time than those shorter comments and I just hope they look at the big picture.''
Sports scientist Stephen Dank has filed a statement of claim in the NSW Supreme Court, which says Irvine made defamatory statements about him ''to the effect that he injected Sharks players with horse drugs''. Four sacked Cronulla employees are also considering whether to sue.
Asked if he was concerned about legal actions against him, Irvine said: ''As far as my concern with that, you've got to deal with what you've got to deal with. I've dealt with things before and will do it again if need be.''
Irvine said the club's strong financial position - underpinned by the $300 million property development - meant it would survive regardless of the outcome of ASADA's investigation because of the ''financial solidarity and security''. ''If it had happened at times during the past three or four years, there is no way we could have stomached it,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...laced-words-20130420-2i6yz.html#ixzz2R2eeZBZE

millersnose

Post Whore
Oh for f**k sake

Stop talking to the press beeker

It just rakes all the equine shyte up again

If you want to apologise write them a letter

Why is my footy team a f**king platform for the ambitions of this accident prone press whore and his lickspittles?

millersnose

Post Whore
Yeah yeah heard it all before

Unless he personally donated the land for the development I rather doubt it

Card Shark

Immortal
Yeah yeah heard it all before

I've heard it all before too ....

Heard of his personal sacrifices for our destitute club.

Not too many people have done similar & I'm concerned that we won't get that with some of the incoming board members. Hope I'm wrong!

millersnose

Post Whore
Yeah heard all that and all

Usually in the context that he is beyond criticism because he did things on the cheap

Like appointing lickspittles to positions of influence who also did things on the cheap like perhaps negotiating sponsors and such

Card Shark

Immortal
Yeah heard all that and all

Usually in the context that he is beyond criticism because he did things on the cheap

Perhaps you are right about the things done on the cheap but when the club owes $13M & is losing at least $1/2 M a year - what choice does any board / chairman in that position have really?

Did he employ Dank because he was cheap? I doubt he had anything to do with his employment or dismissal but he seems to be the high level scapegoat for Dank's involvement in the club. Without Dank having ever been there, I reckon we are flying this year on & off the field.

millersnose

Post Whore
I don't know about dank

All I know is that it all happened under Irvine and the subsequent hiding and disastrous press leaking are making it worse

And now we have the clumsy grovelling in the papers and his luckspittles smearing his political opponents

Even to the extent where Dane Sorensen - a guy who put his hand in his own picket for thousands - is labelled a "puppet" by people whose sole contribution to the club is membership of an off site supporters club

The Popper

Bench
It's very likely the actions of the Board in this instance has cost most of them their jobs, despite all their good work prior.

spider

Coach
TC won't sign until the election is done.

Interesting to hear Gal and TC had a dinner date with Elkin.

Latest posts