What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bmoz is gone

giboz71

First Grade
I fail to see how people can blame the club for Morris going to the Dogs

I suppose you can blame the 3 years of abject failure and possibly wanting to go to a club with a chance of winning a title but other than that, I don't see it as the club showing Morris the door. For all intents and purposes, they were going to honour the last year of his contract and pay him exactly what was agreed...no more, no less. The club publicly came out and said Morris was not offered to other clubs.

End of the day it was no brainer for him. Canterbury have played 2 of the last 3 GF's, big contract to see out his career, chance to play with his brother. I don't begrudge him at all for leaving.

But he did choose to walk out on his contract (after what was most likely an illegal approach from the Dogs) for the above reasons and the club granted him that wish (most probably due to salary cap issues that have been well publicised). If indeed he didn't get on with Mary, so what...most people dislike their boss.

I'm not an apologist for the Doust and the Board by any means. They have royally screwed us for years to come due to their incompetence. But the Morris saga, I can't really blame the club too much for this.

grouch

First Grade
In case you missed it, here's how. From the most credible poster on the Jub Ave forum:

"What the club did do was tell Brett that they couldn't afford to pay him what the last year of his contract was worth.
Brett and Nighty have been on unders, next year their contracts were to rise as they were back ended.
Brett was asked to basically take another pay cut, which is a slap in the face considering he isnt even in the top 10 paid players at our club. He will be joining the dogs on a 400k per year contract for 3 years. All this talk of 600k is rubbish, we couldn't afford to pay what we agreed to, so we were no way able to match the 400k offered.
So basically we are valuing Brett less than what we do Hunt, and half of what we value Dugan. This is how we treat a junior an Australian rep, one if not the best winger in the comp.
If it were me I would probably do what Brett has done and said f you.Thats disgraceful."

Jubileeboy

First Grade
In case you missed it, here's how. From the most credible poster on the Jub Ave forum:

"What the club did do was tell Brett that they couldn't afford to pay him what the last year of his contract was worth.
Brett and Nighty have been on unders, next year their contracts were to rise as they were back ended.
Brett was asked to basically take another pay cut, which is a slap in the face considering he isnt even in the top 10 paid players at our club. He will be joining the dogs on a 400k per year contract for 3 years. All this talk of 600k is rubbish, we couldn't afford to pay what we agreed to, so we were no way able to match the 400k offered.
So basically we are valuing Brett less than what we do Hunt, and half of what we value Dugan. This is how we treat a junior an Australian rep, one if not the best winger in the comp.
If it were me I would probably do what Brett has done and said f you.Thats disgraceful."

:lol:

Stick to the Telegraph for your make believe

Minh

First Grade
Morris is gone and like too many players these days who sign long contracts and then have a sook mid way through just to chase the dollars.......there is no such thing as a binding RL contract these days.

giboz71

First Grade

Can't comment on that mate.....if true, then yes I agree it's disgraceful.

Fingerbang

Bench
I would pay more heed to the shit on zippo's dunny paper than any post of yours
Now that is crossing the line, and just really gross.

If you get off by picking up and studying toilet paper after it has been used to wipe another guys arse....please keep that to yourself. We don't need to hear what ever kink does it for you, especially while eating breakfast.

jenninga

First Grade
Do players have to get on with coaches?
They're men ffs. How many of us have been in jobs with bosses we didn't like, or even loathed. It's life. It's a piss weak out if it's true. They're is no evidence it's true. I doubt it's true, because of what Brett himself has said.
Brett has stated several times, including on a recorded message, that it is about wanting to play with Josh.
This is either true or he is a liar.
The club released him so he got his wish. Good for him.
No point lamenting there will be no farewell game. It clearly matters more to the fans than it did to him.
I won't hate on him. I wish him well in life. He is a Premiership winning Saint and therefore a legend.
However I don't wish him well in his ongoing career. I hope it is a monumental train wreck. I wish this for every player that plays with an opposition team.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well put,as usual

jenninga

First Grade

I suppose you can blame the 3 years of abject failure and possibly wanting to go to a club with a chance of winning a title but other than that, I don't see it as the club showing Morris the door. For all intents and purposes, they were going to honour the last year of his contract and pay him exactly what was agreed...no more, no less. The club publicly came out and said Morris was not offered to other clubs.

End of the day it was no brainer for him. Canterbury have played 2 of the last 3 GF's, big contract to see out his career, chance to play with his brother. I don't begrudge him at all for leaving.

But he did choose to walk out on his contract (after what was most likely an illegal approach from the Dogs) for the above reasons and the club granted him that wish (most probably due to salary cap issues that have been well publicised). If indeed he didn't get on with Mary, so what...most people dislike their boss.

I'm not an apologist for the Doust and the Board by any means. They have royally screwed us for years to come due to their incompetence. But the Morris saga, I can't really blame the club too much for this.

Morris admitted "we tried to get Josh over to the Dragons".Suggests to me the club didn't want him and with the $$ involved the rest is history.
In the washup I do blame the club.

rainman44

Bench
Morris admitted "we tried to get Josh over to the Dragons".Suggests to me the club didn't want him and with the $$ involved the rest is history.
In the washup I do blame the club.
Of course its the clubs fault as they are to busy signing nuffies on big dollars and dont want to pay for players that can play.

hazzbeen

Bench
Our salary cap has been mismanaged, that's how.

Straight Shooter

If we had been travelling well and not got ourselves into the situation we are now we would not be talking about loosing Morris and the mess we are in .......yes I do blame the club...

giboz71

First Grade
Our salary cap has been mismanaged, that's how.

Straight Shooter

Maybe so...but it didn't seem like he was desperate to stay at the Dragons either. There were a number of compelling reasons (personal and financial) for him to got the Dogs, so maybe he just wanted to leave.

As stated, I can't comment on the notion that we couldn't pay him what was owing (as per grouch's post) and he was asked to take a pay cut. If so, then yes I agree that is a disgraceful way to treat a club legend.

But until that is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, I'm not going to hold the club completely accountable for Morris choosing not to honour the last year of his contract.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Losing BMoz comes down to Bennett. If JMoz was kept we would not be talking about this but Bennett thought JMoz was a winger and not a centre. Oh, and he also thought Price was a good coach.

Then Bennett threw money at Gaz to come and he only stayed a short time. Jmoz would have been much cheaper and still been a Dragon but Bennett wanted Gaz so if you want to blame anyone it is him.

Doust just did what Bennett told him to do which you can't blame. If Browny was coach during the same period then Saints may not have won a GF or maybe they would have not sure but they would never have been in the position they are in now. One thing for sure he would of held onto both Morrises.

Saintsified

Bench
Losing BMoz comes down to Bennett. If JMoz was kept we would not be talking about this but Bennett thought JMoz was a winger and not a centre. Oh, and he also thought Price was a good coach.

Then Bennett threw money at Gaz to come and he only stayed a short time. Jmoz would have been much cheaper and still been a Dragon but Bennett wanted Gaz so if you want to blame anyone it is him.

Doust just did what Bennett told him to do which you can't blame. If Browny was coach during the same period then Saints may not have won a GF or maybe they would have not sure but they would never have been in the position they are in now. One thing for sure he would of held onto both Morrises.

BENNETT also said Souths wont win the comp earlier this year, geez his predictions are spot on lol

Latest posts