What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bmoz is gone

Fingerbang

Bench
Resurrection will only come when Doust and Mary are relieved of their duties and the board is injected with professional administrators.

Straight Shooter
Wouldn't that be more of a subjective view?

Objective is when you have a viewpoint that isn't swayed by personal bias, whereas subjective is putting emphasis on your own moods or thoughts?

Wouldn't that be more of a subjective view?

Objective is when you have a viewpoint that isn't swayed by personal bias, whereas subjective is putting emphasis on your own moods or thoughts?

It's not personal bias, it's well founded, self evident, constructive criticism.

Straight Shooter

rainman44

Bench
Please kill off this thread, can't stand Brett and don't care about his excuses. Judas and traitor ... Be gone!!!

Traitor my arse, the fun winger that we can't get him a big third party deal whilst he could be on the books for $250k, real reason Morris can't stand Mary but Mary will tell you its about his brother ha ha ha jokers everywhere at our club.

FlameThrower

Bench
Ok I'll say it again, Brett decided he wanted more money...great we all think we are worth more...we could not match the Bulldogs...we are struggling financially and 3rd party deals don't exist at the Dragons.....he was still contracted with the Dragons till end of 2015...ethical issue but that was swept aside by NRL and both parties. So we let him go...he is right now a Bulldog not a Dragon. I won't be cheering for him next time he comes up against Dragons will you?

Last edited:
Ok I'll say it again, Brett decided he wanted more money...great we all think we are worth more...we could not match the Bulldogs...we are struggling financially and 3rd party deals don't exist at the Dragons.....he was still contracted with the Dragons till end of 2015...ethical issue but that was swept aside by NRL and both parties. So we let him go...he is right now a Bulldog not a Dragon. I won't be cheering for him next time he comes up against Dragons will you?

Like I said, no point trying to explain. Like throwing pearls to a swine.

Straight Shooter

Country Dragon

Juniors

X2, he's not innocent. He had a contract he didn't want to honour. End of story!

possm

Coach
Mary and Morris don't get on. Mary did not want to give Brett a salary increase and Doust has not got it in him to organise third party top ups. If it wasn't Mary as head coach, I have no doubt Morris would still be a Dragon.

Price / Soward = Mary / Morris.

RedVDragon

Juniors
If this is the case then Brett should toughen up PRINCESS. I don't begrudge Brett of wanting to secure his future as he has a shortened career with a dicky shoulder. It will be a competition between Brett and Josh as to who plays more games next year. Enjoy watching the brothers being spectators in their blue clown outfits in the bench.

The Damo

Juniors
We're not in a position to be giving coaches a chance, d#*k head.

Straight Shooter

There are 3 coaches in the game who it can be reasonably argued your not taking a chance on;
Bellamy- tried to get, said no
Bennett- as above
Hasler- not going anywhere
Everyone else, especially everyone who might have been available was a chance too, you're talking degrees of difference. In the same way there is not enough evidence to say Mary will be a successful coach, neither is there evidence to say he is a dud. Any objective view would tell you that;-)

The Damo

Juniors
Mary and Morris don't get on. Mary did not want to give Brett a salary increase and Doust has not got it in him to organise third party top ups. If it wasn't Mary as head coach, I have no doubt Morris would still be a Dragon.

Price / Soward = Mary / Morris.

Serious question - do you know this or is it speculation? If you do know it, how? Genuinely curious

RedVDragon

Juniors
Ok here is what took place in very simple terms. Take this as fact. BMoz asked Mary that he will postpone his operation on his dicky shoulder till after the 4 Nations tour so he can be selected and play. BMoz is very concerned he has played his last games in the green and gold and is feeling the pressure from younger more agile winners. Mary simply said to BMoz to decide where his loyalty lies. If he plays for the Aussies then he won't be back for the Red V until round 8. Today he was in Belmore having a coffee on his way to physio. Obviously the dogs have decided to treat his shoulder rather than operate in the first instance. I know what I would do if I was playing against BMoz target his shoulder and on the odd occasion throw in the chicken wing. Oh and let's not let his cry baby brother off the hook, target his weak knee

bottle

Coach
Do players have to get on with coaches?
They're men ffs. How many of us have been in jobs with bosses we didn't like, or even loathed. It's life. It's a piss weak out if it's true. They're is no evidence it's true. I doubt it's true, because of what Brett himself has said.
Brett has stated several times, including on a recorded message, that it is about wanting to play with Josh.
This is either true or he is a liar.
The club released him so he got his wish. Good for him.
No point lamenting there will be no farewell game. It clearly matters more to the fans than it did to him.
I won't hate on him. I wish him well in life. He is a Premiership winning Saint and therefore a legend.
However I don't wish him well in his ongoing career. I hope it is a monumental train wreck. I wish this for every player that plays with an opposition team.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Ok here is what took place in very simple terms. Take this as fact. BMoz asked Mary that he will postpone his operation on his dicky shoulder till after the 4 Nations tour so he can be selected and play. BMoz is very concerned he has played his last games in the green and gold and is feeling the pressure from younger more agile winners. Mary simply said to BMoz to decide where his loyalty lies. If he plays for the Aussies then he won't be back for the Red V until round 8. Today he was in Belmore having a coffee on his way to physio. Obviously the dogs have decided to treat his shoulder rather than operate in the first instance. I know what I would do if I was playing against BMoz target his shoulder and on the odd occasion throw in the chicken wing. Oh and let's not let his cry baby brother off the hook, target his weak knee

Didnt BMoz get the shoulder operation done a few weeks ago and paid by us?! They took photos of it and posted on the dragons website.

bottle

Coach
Didn't he recently tweet a pic from hospital with Merrin?
As in he had an operation....

Yep.

Shoulder surgery went well. Sharing a room with my good buddy trentmerrin

https://twitter.com/bmozzle/status/514646690343567363

And if he didn't have the surgery, he would be playing for Australia.
Not having a go at RedV per se, but this illustrates the danger of assuming that someone making a statement on a forum actually has the real story.
Grain
of
salt.

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
Bottle thanks for filling in the gap I wasn't aware BMoz had surgery. Take the conversation BMoz had with Mary a fact. Obviously at the end he had no option other than have the operation.

Latest posts