What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bmoz is gone

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Friday 22nd August 2014 - McGregor appointed as head coach for the next 3 years.:x

Sunday 24th August 2014 - Brett scores a 100m try against the titans at kogarah.

Watch Brett's reaction after he scored the try !!!:(

I think it is pretty obvious why Brett has left.

BigRedV

Juniors
So pi$$ed about this. Not sure exactly at who yet, but very pi$$ed.
Actually i think at everyone. At the club, at BMoz and at how the f**k clubs like the dogs and chooks have 1 or 2 non rep players and we can't keep 1 rep player.

I've got 2 young boys under 10, and in the last couple of seasons they've completely, 100%, lost interest in the dragons. Not because of losses, but because they've got no more "heroes" left in the team. BMoz was the last one left and now he's gone too.

The damage done by this is way more than not just having a winger to score try's.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm usually not this cynical, I spent a lot of 2013 fighting the 'good' fight and standing up for the club but enough is enough...the fact that these sort of things can happen after 3 years out of the 8, with nothing to look forward to next year outside of the tiny hope that our latest rookie coach experiment might be the next Jack Gibson (and based on evidence to date, he is closer to another Steve Price) and the fact that NOONE at management level is being held accountable for it is a turkey slap in the face of the fanbase. The fact that some can stand up for the CEO and board of our club after being treated with such contempt is horrendous.

There is merit in the above.

Emotions are flying high at the moment, and to a certain degree its warranted. I will say it till the cows come home. Blaming Price, Mary, Benji, Dugan, Hunt, Farrell, Ah Mau, Harrison and co. doesn't hold water.

These boys signed in good faith, at what our club perceived in their own minds, as fair value.

One could be excused for thinking we have made a dent in the comp between 2012-2014, based on the apparent financial crisis we find ourselves in. Fact is, Management, the board, decision makers, call them what you will have been immune to the standards of normal business practice, yet the players have been battered from pillar to post.

The issue goes far deeper than BMoz, albeit Im gutted that a genuine star of the game, synonymous with our club and its history, has been let go. There can only be two fathomable reasons for us to be in this predicament. Poor judgement in managing the clubs affairs and / or real discontent within the organisation as a whole.

Either way, an honorable CEO, whom has held his position for 16 years, would realize its time to move on.

jenninga

First Grade
How do I explain to my 7 year old boy that his favourite player is not playing for the Dragons next year. He love BMoz ................

OUST DOUST!!! How can he not be held accountable?

Same way you explain the birds and the bees,mumble your way and hope he understands.:D

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
I'm not sure why everyone is soo upset. Brett leaving has been written on the wall for 6 months. Everyone speculated that it was going to happen and beleive it or not, it did. I tell you what would make it not so bad. Browny as assistant...

Highland Saint

Juniors
I'll miss him but now that hes gone I want to see both of the twins humbled by crushiing losses to the dragons but somehow i don't see that happening any time soon

FlameThrower

Bench
Meanwhile over in Bondi the Roosters were $100k under the cap..Souths loaded with talent, international and rep players bolster by some sharp new talent to boot!
We are just not in the same league and Board and CEO need to be made accountable? How we'll apart from ranting on here all I can think of is merchandise and membership renewals?
I just can't see our CEO and board and Coach having the skill set to sort this out I the offseason with the onfield performance of a team playing with no heart or spirit, we saw the warning signs with the last couple games??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sons of a club legend.....who also abandon the Dragons to finish his career a Rooster.
lol. 'Abandon'.

Slippery also played with Leeds, so maybe he abandoned Australia as well.
Fingerbang said:
grain of salt, remember?
No sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. You'll have to explain.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Meanwhile over in Bondi the Roosters were $100k under the cap..Souths loaded with talent, international and rep players bolster by some sharp new talent to boot!
We are just not in the same league and Board and CEO need to be made accountable? How we'll apart from ranting on here all I can think of is merchandise and membership renewals?
I just can't see our CEO and board and Coach having the skill set to sort this out I the offseason with the onfield performance of a team playing with no heart or spirit, we saw the warning signs with the last couple games??

So what can we do about it?
- vote out the board. But correct me if I'm wrong, the elections were just held this year, the next elections are in 2018?
- don't renew your membership?
- Contact the nrl about our issues and perhaps they can give the board a nudge and ask,'hey, what the f$&k is going on?' they did it with the tigers, although their situation was much different.

Otherwise nothing is really going to change.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Souths and Roosters have a heap of youngsters in their squad as well not bought players like the Dogs. Big difference.

I just can't understand how the Dogs are below the cap and if so why not all other 15 clubs challenge them or at least get details of what methods they use to be able to afford so many players. I am sure the other clubs would rather buy players than spend a heap of money on developing juniors for them.

grouch

First Grade
Puff a billy, get a blowy.... full of sage and practical advice is Fingerband. What's next? Play Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" on the record player?

Fingerbang

Bench
Puff a billy, get a blowy.... full of sage and practical advice is Fingerband. What's next? Play Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" on the record player?
You obviously don't enjoy life if you think those things are not fun......but I must admit, I prefer Freebird by Skynard though.

Would you rather "give" a blowy, Grouch?

Fingerbang

Bench
images

"Don't worry about a thing....Na-bu-li will be alright"

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A bit petty mate. I thought you were better than that.
Hey, you brought it up. I'm not the one citing abandonment issues.
Fingerbang said:
Then again, I never figured on you becoming my stalker.
Haha. So 2 posts = stalking. Don't take it personally. I tell you what, the Club is doing a great job and they are never wrong. Is that better?

Fingerbang

Bench
I took the lol.abandon comment as you being amused at my typo....as in should have been abandoned.

My mistake.....I apologize.

Sticks2

Juniors
We signed Benji for was it $400 grand when our season was already over and now we are over the salary cap and loose one of our best players? Who is in charge of this rapidly deteriorating mess?