What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bmoz is gone

The_Team_Won

Juniors
Never thought I would see this. It is as bad as when Michael O'Connor signed with the Sea Eagles at the end of the 1986 season.

FlameThrower

Bench
Did we ask for any compensation for releasing him or did we just bend over and take it?

No player swap
No Pritchard,
No Kasiano
No up and coming junior Prop.

No compensation for allowing the early release of Morris

We certainly showed em...how it's done....!

FlameThrower

Bench
Not offer did we even ask for perhaps an early release fee

We did, but there was a mixup at the board meeting and instead the order went to Chinese Buffet, stating demanding 12 months early release fee, as it did not have any sweet chilli sauce it confused the chef who ignored it . Meanwhile the Bulldogs received an order for 12 chilli prawns meals and 12 servings fried rice....this was also ignored.

themule

Juniors
Its not about being smarter its the private owed clubs and the rich clubs that can pay what they want. Dave Smith along with his brain trust Greenberg are ruining what Gallop did and even though we need to pay the players more, there should be limits as this third party stuff thats unlimited will only see 5 sides competing for the comp every year and yes the same sides.

If this is the case then why does any club have any direct sponsors when they should all be third party sponsors?

gonz

Juniors
Did we ask for any compensation for releasing him or did we just bend over and take it?

Bent ova again !
Didn't doust release a statement saying he wanted nrl to investigate an illegal approach by the dogs?

Wasn't he suing the tigers for the moltzen saga ?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bent ova again !
Didn't doust release a statement saying he wanted nrl to investigate an illegal approach by the dogs?

Just like anything to do with the Dogs, swept under the carpet mate next to the investigation into the Ex-CEO knowing about Barba and his so called "gambling" problem. Didn't the Tigers sack Robert Lui for having the same "gambling" problem.

There was something else he got busted for but got swept aside as well. Can't remember.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That's right the Hasler contract which was offered to him whilst he was at Manly. Something dodgy about that deal as well which he was part of.

grouch

First Grade
Bent ova again !

And didn't he say he completed " due diligence" before appointing Price?

And didn't day he conducted a "full review" of the coaching department at the end of 2013? Which chose not to sack Price. And then they sacked him 6 months later?

The lies keep coming.

keep the faith.

Father Ted

First Grade
Bent ova again !

Still waiting for the legal action against Tallis for sitting out the season, the Broncos for signing him under contract and Rod Reddy for walking out of his head coach contract to South Australia's Rams. Things move REAL slow at board level.

Father Ted

First Grade
And didn't he say he completed " due diligence" before appointing Price?

And didn't day he conducted a "full review" of the coaching department at the end of 2013? Which chose not to sack Price. And then they sacked him 6 months later?

The lies keep coming.

keep the faith.

Due diligence is front office speak for don't bug me I'm having a crownie and full review means if we stall long enough you'll forget.

TruSaint

Referee
Still waiting for the legal action against Tallis for sitting out the season, the Broncos for signing him under contract and Rod Reddy for walking out of his head coach contract to South Australia's Rams. Things move REAL slow at board level.

Slow is not the word Father.

The Tallis sit out still sinks my heart. Its one thing to want to leave a club, but what he did was way beyond that.

A club opens the door for you, and then you reply in this manner.

Dont care how tough he is, or how successful he was, he is one deadset prick.

Off to the swamp me thinks. But on the way out, f**k off Gorden.

Over and out.

PS. message to self, take your anti-depressants NOW.

pinkmoon

Juniors
You can't seek compensation when you WANT to release the player. We are obviously under cap pressure, and when Brett asked, we accommodated to free up space. I would think a transfer fee was negotiated, but that wouldn't worry the Bulldogs too much I wouldn't think.

rainman44

Bench
You can't seek compensation when you WANT to release the player. We are obviously under cap pressure, and when Brett asked, we accommodated to free up space. I would think a transfer fee was negotiated, but that wouldn't worry the Bulldogs too much I wouldn't think.

This, people thinking we had the upper hand and so did I, we are the joke of the nrl.