What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bottom 4 certains

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Very-very hard to be certain about anything these days as far as who will end up on the ladder.

Two years ago,Easts were spooners and the next year,Grand Finalists then strangely back down to 11th.

Gold Coast in 2010 were just one semi-final game away from being in the big decider and then the enigmatic collapse one year later to end up getting the spoon.

In that same year,Nth Queensland were second last only to remarkably bounce back last year to be in the play-offs albeit to be run down by a very good Manly side.

Maybe if everyone in this thread drew names out of a hat and compared them in here then wait till the finals.

I'm sure we would get a final 8 by someone that would be a lot closer than the logic we usually tend to use.
Start with the wooden spooners, last 5 years the spoon "winner" has come from the previous years top 4. With that being the case I think the spoon will go to the storm.
16- storm
15- panthers
14 eels
13 - titans

innsaneink

Referee
i am certain of two things

1. no one in this thread will get the bottom 4 right
2. canberra wont be in there. We will be playing finals footy.

Statistics dont lie.

....errrr....

Lying-with-Statistics.jpg

Minotaur

Juniors
Contrary to the thread title, this is by no means going to be certains but my educated guess at the bottom 4:

13. Sharks - Solid forward pack, exciting halves but there backline wouldn't strike any fear into an Under 13's team.
14. Bulldogs - Des Hasler had a good team to coach at Manly, unfortunately he has inherited a bunch of nuffies at the Doggies. A few good players like Barba, Graham and Tolman mixed with pretenders like Keating, Ennis and Turner.
15. Raiders - Big bopping forward pack, young exciting backs but the question mark surrounding their goalline defence and their over reliance on Campese in attack. Traditionally there away wins are scarce but last year proved the opposite with their home games dismal and their away games solid.
16. Panthers - As with the closeness of the comp, the panthers team on paper doesn't look so bad, but when comparing them to every other team, they fall behind every other team in quality. Certainly wont be pushovers in games but wont have the firepower to outgun their opposition.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Eels have me baffled.

They have a lot of firepower & they were just losing games last season. That said, also think Sandow, Roberts & Hayne are selfish players.

I think they'll either be bottom 4 or top 4.

Fingerbang

Bench
14. Bulldogs - Des Hasler had a good team to coach at Manly, unfortunately he has inherited a bunch of nuffies at the Doggies. A few good players like Barba, Graham and Tolman mixed with pretenders like Keating, Ennis and Turner.
You not allowed to call Ennis a nuffie or pretender around here. All you gonna do is invite doggiesbro into this thread to rave on and on and on about how he is worth every cent of the $400k a year he is getting from the dogs....how he is the Blues SOO hooker etc etc. :sarcasm:

newman

First Grade
It's truly impossible to pick. A bad run with injuries and some sort of managerial or administration debacle are usually the fast train to bottom table central. No one here has the inside knowledge to know any of that stuff.

Eels Dude

Coach
Eels have me baffled.

They have a lot of firepower & they were just losing games last season. That said, also think Sandow, Roberts & Hayne are selfish players.

I think they'll either be bottom 4 or top 4.

From an Eels fan's perspective that's not a bad basic assessment.

eozsmiles

Bench
I think the Panthers are as close as can be to bottom 4 certainties.
Every other team has a chance of doing something to get them to 12th or better.

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith's x factor is the halves, and in particular Walsh - he needs a big year.

We've got a bit of depth (in terms of first grade experience) from 1-5, and 8-13 is OK.

I'm not at all disagreeing with a general view that the Panthers will finish bottom 4 - it'll be the opinion of many in the media with season previews and the like. My expectations are slightly higher (maybe around 10th). Any further matches beyond round 26 will be a big bonus for mine.

firechild

First Grade
A bad run with injuries and some sort of managerial or administration debacle are usually the fast train to bottom table central.

Unless you're Manly, then administration debacle = premiership.

NFI who the bottom four will be (though that hasn't stopped anyone else from having a go). I'd like to see Parra, Melbourne and the Dogs all in contention. Might be pushing to ask for Brisbane and the Stains to be down there as well.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
The Bottom 4 without a doubt apart from the side I barrack for have to be

Panthers:Lost so many forwards and will have no chance at building a decent platform for Lewis and Gordan. Halves are still very average as well.

Eels:Bought Sandow and Roberts who are good players individually but will tear the team apart from stupid decisions in the most important time.
Will again look to Hayne to try and get them out of trouble but the older he gets the more the defence knows what he is going to do

Sharks:Too many players that will go on the night out in a hot place for good looking women, lets see Carney,Gallen and co last a season without any incident.
This will tear their team apart once again

Roosters:Haven't tried to buy a huge name signing this year and even though Carney did nothing last year they will be missing him again.They haven't got much in attack this season.

Now for my side the raiders

We will come bottom 4 but i'm trying my best not to believe this.
We can't defend our own 20 and we have players that make dunb ass decisions on the final play, we have bought wasted talent again and won't go back to playing hot potato which is the only way we should be playing.

Oh great, this idiot's back. How the f**k can you call the thread "Bottom 4 certains" [sic] and then list 5 teams and say they'll all be bottom 4?

You prize moron.

thommo4pm

Coach
In no order and with no certainty.

Roosters
Tigers
Dogs
Penrith - if they get rid of Walsh they could move away from the bottom 4.

adamkungl

Immortal
In no order and with no certainty.

Roosters
Tigers
Dogs
Penrith - if they get rid of Walsh they could move away from the bottom 4.

If I didn't know any better I'd say these are just teams that you (well, most Dragons fans) don't like. + Penriff.

legend

Coach
Skeepe, you call other members morons and you post Newcastle to finish last under Wayne Bennett?!? No way that happens you twit and I hate Newcastle! FMD, you are a dick sometimes.

Latest posts