What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bottom 4 certains

thommo4pm

Coach
FWIW I tend to agree with some of your assessments. I only questioned your initial post because we had a shocking injury toll last season and still finished 4th which says that we do have some depth.

IMO the Tigers should not be outright favourites given there question marks over fullback and halfback, two of the most important positions in the side. I've never rated Moltzen but fingers crossed he can make the #7 his own. Will need to develop a kicking game, otherwise we are in trouble. Fullback is wide open, need someone to step up here though there are plenty of options.

If Lote stays injury free he'll be fine, still has plenty to offer on and off the park IMO.
Agreed on Ryan, though I would go one step further and say he is a below average first grader at best.
Gibbs definitely a loss, though somewhat offset by being replaced by Blair.
Personally I think Heighington is overrated, nothing more than a solid, hard working first grader. Not rep material. Liam Fulton is a much better player.

I think we are a top four side, but outright favourites, definitely not.

All good. I'm also curious to see how Woods steps up (as apparent 1st choice prop with Galloway, and assuming Blair is in the backrow) along with Groat being picked from the start of the year and likely playing more minutes than last year.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
All good. I'm also curious to see how Woods steps up (as apparent 1st choice prop with Galloway, and assuming Blair is in the backrow) along with Groat being picked from the start of the year and likely playing more minutes than last year.

Will be interesting to see how Woods does go. Really rate him. Hopefully no second year syndrome, I think he will develop into a rep quality prop.

Groat is a good prospect but still very raw. Was poor against the Warriors in that semi, but will learn from that.

I think Blair may spend some time in the front-row but will start at second-row. Blair and Ellis will both play 80, so Blair may shift to front-row at some stages during a game.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Heighington is one of those player that when he plays for your team you adore him, when he doesn't you're all 'meh', ala Tongue, Lance Thompson etc etc.

Red Bear

Referee
Biggest loss with Gibbs is his defence around the ruck, he was very good there last couple of years and they need someone to pick up the slack.

They wont be bottom four though, too good for that.

I think Penrith are in for a tough year, but probably a tough one they need to have as they turnover a few players. Gold Coast still lack creativity. I think those two will be bottom four, other than that it's a lottery.

Fingerbang

Bench
FWIW I tend to agree with some of your assessments. I only questioned your initial post because we had a shocking injury toll last season and still finished 4th which says that we do have some depth.
Having some depth last year, to cover your injuries....how does that relate to depth for 2012? You have lost Gibbs, Fifita and Dwyer from your first grade forwards of 2011, and gained an overrated and lazy Adam Blair.

sputneek

Juniors
Bulldogs: Didn't fix their main problem (crap halves), Barba is a one man show and if he gets injured the Dogs will have to get used to the big duck egg as their scoreline for most games. If they finish without the wooden spoon they should be proud of themselves.

Dragons: Without Bennett and Boyd they will lack guidance, Soward will be dropped to Shellharbour.

Warriors: Maloney will be complacent and have nothing to play for, and the forwards will drop off and become lazy. New coach will fail miserably too.

Sharks: Carney won't be sacked cause the Sharks are too desperate, but they'll defintely come last since he'll be on the drink all day.

Brisbane: No spine.

Last edited:

Fingerbang

Bench
Dragons: Without Bennett and Boyd they will lack guidance, Soward will be dropped to Shellharbour.
I'd like to bet you anything that Soward will not play any games for Shellharbour in 2012. And without Boyd, the players and their wives/girlfriends relationships will be a lot more harmonious.

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
I'd like to bet you anything that Soward will not play any games for Shellharbour in 2012. And without Boyd, the players and their wives/girlfriends relationships will be a lot more harmonious.
:shock:
What are you trying to say? :sarcasm:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Having some depth last year, to cover your injuries....how does that relate to depth for 2012? You have lost Gibbs, Fifita and Dwyer from your first grade forwards of 2011, and gained an overrated and lazy Adam Blair.

Much more depth in the backline this year than last for starters.

Blair is class and will be a great buy and Fifita hardly played last season.

Warriors: Maloney will be complacent and have nothing to play for, and the forwards will drop off and become lazy. New coach will fail miserably too.

Uhh, what? There is so much depth in the Warriors that the forwards will have to put in extra work just to maintain their spots. Likewise with Maloney, if he's playing crap, Godinet is a gun. I don't buy into this "going elsewhere next year, nothing to play for" bollocks either. I don't mind if people pick the Warriors in the bottom 4 based on gut feeling or some legitimate reasons. But when trying to justify yourself, don't go full genius.

Fingerbang

Bench
Much more depth in the backline this year than last for starters.

Blair is class and will be a great buy and Fifita hardly played last season.
So Utai might have a struggle to keep his spot?

Adam Blair is not a class player. He currently would get nowhere near a top 20 forwards imo. Certainly not a half a million a year player.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So Utai might have a struggle to keep his spot?

Adam Blair is not a class player. He currently would get nowhere near a top 20 forwards imo. Certainly not a half a million a year player.

True, he is no Ben creagh.

Dwyer And fifita didn't play from round 15 or whatever it was and we did fine.

Blair is class and better then any of your forwards.