What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bouncer's family will still sue Fatty Vautin despite brother's death

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Also if they would have just dropped it at the start after Fatty was made aware of the situation, then let him make the apology tomorrow night on air it would have all been forgotten about and people could move on.

Now they're going to drag it through the courts and expose their son to even more negative attention. What great parents - I hope the settlement is worth it.
Agree 100% It's been so hard on their son that will now sue a personality and bring their son further in the spotlight. :?

ledzep

Bench
The article doesn't really provide any evidence that they're going to sue Vautin does it?

cupid

Juniors
How greedy can you get, Fatty has done nothing wrong to them, he has nothing against people with disabilities as his brother is hadicapped.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Geez get over it. Vautin made an apology and will also make a public apology on National TV, what more do you want?

Vautin did nothing wrong and Im sure most of the viewers who saw that last week, wouldve assumed he was drunk.

It all started when the media brought up the "why employ a security guard who's drunk on the job"

The whole thing has blown out of proportion. Leave Vautin alone and lets get on with it.

Btw, My condolences go to Fatty and his family for his loss.

God-King Dean

Immortal
And, while he conceded Vautin would probably not have made the comments had he known about the illness, he added: "But it's done now."
"We got a call from Vautin's mother explaining that her son Geoffrey was critically ill. But we haven't called them back because we didn't know what to say," Mr Stacey said.
"Our hearts go out to the family, particularly his mother, but that doesn't change what's happened to us and our son.
"It's going to be a hard time for Paul. I really do sympathise for him."

No evidence saying they are going to sue.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23881326-5001021,00.html

Common sense would also tell you that one of the largest hotels in Brisbane wouldn't put a disabled man on the door on state of origin night ...

Exactly...with all due respect to people with diabilities how would the guy defend himself in attempting to control a crowd or a fight in the hotel ??.

As for attempting to sue Fatty...it seems pretty opportunistic. Maybe they think we live in USA...

bartman

Immortal
I'm quite happy that the Footy Show is being held accountable for being dickheads.

Vautin is the "head" of the show, but it really comes down to the producers, not him personally.

I reckon they should just rack off the Robbo segment altogether, it's never been funny and the guy and his oversized microphone is just an instant turn off, if you hadn't turned over already.

Talk more footy you bastards!

Hellsy

Immortal
I first thought the guy was pissed too.. but I didn't immediately realise they said he was the bouncer. Obviously he wouldn't have been working if he was... I don't know, Fatty has a big mouth but I think this is a bit beyond him. He probably only saw a little TV screen while they were crossing to the Caxton.

I think the family should drop it

Front-Rower

First Grade
The poor bloke was publicly accused of being drunk whilst on duty. Epilepsy is triggered when the brain's normal motion is disrupted, it doesn't mean he can't perform his security role any less better than anyone else. He probably had an attack when he had a camera and bright light shoved in his face. Anyone remember Wally Lewis and his attack whilst reading the sports report on nine news a while back?

mark123

Juniors
All about the money now for this bouncer's family. No doubt Today Tonight will run with it, Max Markson will probably try and manage them.

What a disgrace. There is no way Fatty knew this guy had epilepsy. It's the producers fault more than anything else.

I feel sorry for Fatty and his family.

I picked you, because I know you to have a mixed up view of the world.

These days, you just can't mouth off at people. especially on-air.

I agree, its not fatty's fault, he did not know. Yet the reality is, somehow in law, fatty is still responsible for getting the bloke fired, defaming him, whatever, causing greif, and as such fatty will be liable to pay him (i believe).

its a crazy world, and someone needs to take responsibility.

but you know what i truly think: i think the footy show are nuts for having fatty on air still...it was bad enough before his accident, but now its totally embarrassing, he is a goof and is not fit for the job....i honestly dont know how the heck he has ammassd millions from the footy show and commentating.....seriously he is a dead set tool sometimes, and is more a ronald mcdonald to laugh at then a leader of a panel, commentator.

get lost fatty for mine, i hope this seals his fate on air.

Navjot

Juniors
I thought the same as fatty did that night to be honest, tanked to the eyeballs an honest mistake and comment,seems strange that a person who has such an affliction would be working a door of a busy pub on origin night with mad drukens running mad.Feel for the kid though, but his family should drop it and accept the apology

The poor bloke was publicly accused of being drunk whilst on duty. Epilepsy is triggered when the brain's normal motion is disrupted, it doesn't mean he can't perform his security role any less better than anyone else. He probably had an attack when he had a camera and bright light shoved in his face. Anyone remember Wally Lewis and his attack whilst reading the sports report on nine news a while back?

You have got to be kidding right ? for your sake i will only respond to the first bolded point.

Where was there an accusation ?

Knight87

Juniors
Yeah, as someone mentioned earlier, I think Ray Hadley's involvement in all of this has exacerbated the situation a lot. The family of the son used Hadley's show as a vehicle (which gets good ratings, thanks to the Alan Jones show before him) to try and get mainstream publicity. Added on top of it, Hadley's response and the already strong animosity existing between him and Vautin, has complicated things even further. If Hadley had his way, he'd love to see Vautin off the show. Now, I know theres other ppl here on LU who'd love to see Vautin gone (tbh, he's past his use-by-date), but not for the same reasons that Hadley's wants Vautin out (which is more of a jealousy/pay-back/revenge sort of reason, considering that Vautin was the reason Hadley got the boot from the show nearly 10 years ago). Also, compound this with the News Limited run Daily Telegraph (whom the family also have approached), which doesn't like Channel 9 (who are more affiliated with the Sunday/Sydney morning Herald), who is Vautin's employer.

I know both NRL and AFL Footy Shows have been known for some notorious incidents since it commenced in the mid 90s. From the AFL Footy Show, we have already seen Sam Newman succomb to the increasing pressure of incidents from years gone by (he is currently suspended indefinitely from the AFL Footy Show, the last straw being the recent Caroline Wilson incident). Nearly a year ago, there was all this talk of Vautin going to get the axe, as he clearly has not recovered from the accident he suffered 3 yrs ago (but was bailed out at the last minute by the return of one of his friends, Gyngell (who currently is CEO at 9)). However, could Vautin end up being the scapegoat in a similar manner to what happened to Sam Newman? Could this particular incident and response from the family, on top of the passing of Fatty's brother, spell the beginning of a very quick end for Vautin??

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Accept the apology? Not when there's money to be won!

We're fast approaching the US when it comes to the 'sue first, ask questions later' mentality. How will sums of money do anything for a guy. He can't cure his epilepsy, and having a nice new car won't make the experience any less embarassing than it already was.

Latest posts