What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd

Yosh

Coach
Gotta wonder whether Boyd is playin injured. If anyone is'nt going to see out their contract it will be this guy. Gotta wonder whether B.Scott will see through his contract or even start it.

I want some of whatever you're on!!

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think tonight showed that Boyd is at his best when he is part of a well oiled machine. I think a lot of us saw him as a saviour before the season started, myself included.

But a couple of the attacking plays that he was involved in tonight have shown me that the machine around him needs to work before he can apply his finishing touch. The try to Zeb is a highlight, it shows all the players in the set piece doing their job and Boyd throws the decisive pass.

If you watch what the Dragons have done over the last 3 seasons it was a drilled system that would culminate in Boyd using his class to set up the try, but it doesn't rely on Boyd doing it all on his own, he needs to get the ball in the right space and with everyone in the right position so he can deliver that pass.

He's not Billy Slater, he won't get a line-break per game and score 15 tries a season but if we get to see a little more of the backline stuff we saw tonight then Boyd's class will really start to show through.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think tonight showed that Boyd is at his best when he is part of a well oiled machine. I think a lot of us saw him as a saviour before the season started, myself included.

But a couple of the attacking plays that he was involved in tonight have shown me that the machine around him needs to work before he can apply his finishing touch. The try to Zeb is a highlight, it shows all the players in the set piece doing their job and Boyd throws the decisive pass.

If you watch what the Dragons have done over the last 3 seasons it was a drilled system that would culminate in Boyd using his class to set up the try, but it doesn't rely on Boyd doing it all on his own, he needs to get the ball in the right space and with everyone in the right position so he can deliver that pass.

He's not Billy Slater, he won't get a line-break per game and score 15 tries a season but if we get to see a little more of the backline stuff we saw tonight then Boyd's class will really start to show through.

Alot of people have been beating up on Boyd this season but he's not the reason we've lost 4 games. Boyd is a guy who will come into his own when the forwards are doing there job and we've got some good field position. Unfortunately we drop the ball so frequently on early tackles that it's very difficult to establish anything that resembles forward dominance

Jono078

Referee
So NBN showed a clip of him having a cry at halftime and Bennett comforting him.

Speculation? He's not happy here?

Fieldsguy

Juniors
So NBN showed a clip of him having a cry at halftime and Bennett comforting him.

Probably crying because he knows his form does not warrant a selection in the Queensland team. And he also may not be happy there, who knows?

Rolla

Juniors

Cying is a bit odd, but i must say id be happy if he was crying because of our poor performance.... means he is more passionate than we give him credit for.

Fieldsguy

Juniors
Can someone tell me has Boyd made any actual mistakes in defence until today .
Yes he let 2 tries go in right in front of him, on both occasions he threw out some arms without putting his body into it or actually trying to make a tackle.

Newynut

Juniors
Yes he let 2 tries go in right in front of him, on both occasions he threw out some arms without putting his body into it or actually trying to make a tackle.

Hey no one hates Boyd more than me but that is a bad decision not an error.
I mean how many unforced errors.

He might be told to not jump for the ball and let the wingers do all the work for all we know but they arent errors.

From what Ive seen he has been pretty safe.
I just dont want to rubbish a guy that has just been a bit out of form.

Fieldsguy

Juniors
Hey no one hates Boyd more than me but that is a bad decision not an error.
I mean how many unforced errors.

He might be told to not jump for the ball and let the wingers do all the work for all we know but they arent errors.

From what Ive seen he has been pretty safe.
I just dont want to rubbish a guy that has just been a bit out of form.
Watch the reply on the NRL site and look at the trys he let in and make your mind up then, it is more than out of touch with form.

How many adult 1st grade players cry at half time?:shock:

Latest posts