What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd

Newynut

Juniors
Watch the reply on the NRL site and look at the trys he let in and make your mind up then, it is more than out of touch with form.

How many adult 1st grade players cry at half time?:shock:

He made errors today but I only see 2 unforced errors on the stats till this week. Have I got the wrong stats.

Newynut

Juniors
Found it he has made 5 errors total, 2 against st george in the first game.
Only 1 today not bad for an nrl fullback out of form.

Yosh

Coach
I personally would love to know what the real reason is. The team performance made me want to cry today as well...

Fieldsguy

Juniors
Found it he has made 5 errors total, 2 against st george in the first game.
Only 1 today not bad for an nrl fullback out of form.
Like i said, watch the highlights and make your mind up. Stats don't tell you everything about how a player is going.

Newynut

Juniors
I didnt want him after game 1 I dont see anything thats changed just he hasnt made many mistakes, I thought he would.
A friend doesnt want him because he dosent contest for the ball. We dont know that supercoach hasnt ordered him to let the wingers do the work or do you.

He obviously has something wrong maybe they had a row in bed.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Maybe he was upset because the crowd was mean to him.

Meanies.

Look, the blokes had a hard life and is an aloof character at the best of times. He's well and truly out of sorts at Newcastle and he hasn't looked keen all year.

Its not clicking for the Knights and I reckon he didn't know how good he had it at Saints.

I hope the bloke is OK, but if he ain't happy, he needs to get out for the good of the team.

adamkungl

Immortal
Meanies.

Look, the blokes had a hard life and is an aloof character at the best of times. He's well and truly out of sorts at Newcastle and he hasn't looked keen all year.

Its not clicking for the Knights and I reckon he didn't know how good he had it at Saints.

I hope the bloke is OK, but if he ain't happy, he needs to get out for the good of the team.

And go back to the Stains? :sarcasm:

The boys should rally around him over this. He needs to know he is part of the team. One of the lads. If he wants to go, as will be speculated, then so be it. His nan raised him when his mother could not for whatever reason. None of our business. I just hope he is ok cos he seems like a nice fella who is very shy.

RABK

Referee
Meanies.

Your mob is on the decline. Worry about your own thug nuffies.

perverse

Referee
He's playing like a right prat at the moment. His slow play the balls were all after he felt he had received too much attention in the tackle and felt he should be getting a penalty. perhaps he would have got one with a red V on his chest, who knows. He looked to be trying to catch the defense offside with that little double pump before he played the ball. schoolboy stuff.

He's pissing me off, he's clearly a bit of a princess. When things are going right for us he'll be our best mate, though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Tbh I'd be crying too watching the forwards drop the ball 3 out of every 10 sets and giving away stupid penalties on the last tackle. I'd be upset too seeing the opposition fullback catch the ball on the full on the 30m line every kick and then having to defuse a bomb every set of 6.
I honestly don't know what people expect from him when the forwards are playing like absolute trash and as a result we only get 2-3 sets of 6 inside the opposition 20 the entire game

Johns Magic

Referee
I've never been a fan of his as a player, and was hoping he was just one of those guys who had to be in your team for you to appreciate.

But I have seen nothing to change my mind at this stage.

I'd prefer Gidley at the back, and that's saying a fair bit.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The boys should rally around him over this. He needs to know he is part of the team. One of the lads. If he wants to go, as will be speculated, then so be it. His nan raised him when his mother could not for whatever reason. None of our business. I just hope he is ok cos he seems like a nice fella who is very shy.

lol.......

Serc

First Grade
I'd prefer Gidley at the back, and that's saying a fair bit.

After yesterday I was going to say something similar, certainly in defence anyway...something along the lines of "I really miss Gidley's effort and positioning in defence" but I'm going to sit back and see how this pans out, though thats easy to say when Boyd will most likely have the rest of the year to himself at fullback.

Newynut

Juniors
What gets me is that I thought he would make lots of mistakes in defence but he hasnt.

He is just doing enough to survive and we are used to more.

Apey

Staff member
Tbh I'd be crying too watching the forwards drop the ball 3 out of every 10 sets and giving away stupid penalties on the last tackle. I'd be upset too seeing the opposition fullback catch the ball on the full on the 30m line every kick and then having to defuse a bomb every set of 6.

definitely a fair point, although I stand by what I said in the gameday thread.

Latest posts