What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Arthur coach for remainder of 2012

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
"Steve actually apologised to me, but there was no need for that," Arthur said. "We owed him the apology."
emoticon-crying-thumb8727402.jpg

Parra09

Juniors
I wonder if Matt Cameron is disappointed that he left for penrith. Did he leave of his own volition?
Cameron left only after an offer from Penrith (not the first offer he had received to go elsewhere either).

The fact that he made the decision to leave after 15 years at the Club probably says something about the state of the place.....

barney gumble

Juniors
Good luck to Arthur. Seems like another young coach on the way up, just hope the Kearney experience hasn't tarnished him for life, he must take some responsibility for the past two years as well.

cv8z

Juniors
Cameron left only after an offer from Penrith (not the first offer he had received to go elsewhere either).

The fact that he made the decision to leave after 15 years at the Club probably says something about the state of the place.....

15 years is a long time
He probably realized he's never going to get the head coach's gig after being overlooked in that time

15 years is a long time
He probably realized he's never going to get the head coach's gig after being overlooked in that time

the panthers aren't travelling much better than us if things dont pick up for them next year he might be a chance to coach penrith

Last edited:

guruminga

Juniors
I wonder if it's Brad's call how he coaches for the remainder of the season, or if Ricky has given him a list of things to do/try, e.g.

Play Hayne at 5/8th
Rotate through certain players to ensure they all get a chance to impress Sticky
Play particular types of game plans, etc.

Also, if Sticky's had a chat with the players and given them certain goals, if those goals conflict with a game plan Brad has set, what do they do?

G

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I wonder if it's Brad's call how he coaches for the remainder of the season, or if Ricky has given him a list of things to do/try, e.g.

Play Hayne at 5/8th
Rotate through certain players to ensure they all get a chance to impress Sticky

Also, if Sticky's had a chat with the players and given them certain goals, if those goals conflict with a game plan Brad has set, what do they do?

G

Interesting questions mate. I was thinking something similar myself.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I disagree, I don't think Sticky would be instructing Brad on how to coach the side but he'd be briefed on the current status of a few I also think there'll be plenty of communication about the make up of the squads for next year.

Play Hayne at 5/8th

G

Stuart added that he would leave incumbent coach Brad Arthur to continue to run the team as he saw fit, saying it would be unfair for him to become a distraction with only a few weeks left in the competition.

''I will let Brad keep continuing his coaching,'' he said. ''I don't want to be a disturbance in what he's trying to do. I also want to make sure he is comfortable with any input I have with his players. I'll definitely let Brad know what I am doing.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...media-leaks-20120728-232vz.html#ixzz21wzfj0Dr
it looks like he will let brad run his own show which is only fair

Latest posts