What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Arthur coach for remainder of 2012

guruminga

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...media-leaks-20120728-232vz.html#ixzz21wzfj0Dr
it looks like he will let brad run his own show which is only fair

I've been a little undecided about Sticky as coach, and I do still have reservations. But he seems to be saying and doing the right things. Time will tell if it's all talk though. I think we all thought SK was saying all the right things too.

I have to say though that I'm beginning to feel optimistic. This is the first time in recent history that our coach seems to really command respect from the board, players (and even fans) by showing respect without being afraid to speak his mind. I've noticed that he likes to call people by name, (in the press conference and the MMM interview with Joey, Geyer, etc.) which points to someone who aspires to be a good communicator - lets people know you're focusing on and listening to them rather than waiting to speak. I hope he becomes one of those coaches revered as man managers and who players want to bust a gut for.

What he said re Brad in post above is another positive.

I sit in anticipation of what's to come.

G

natheel

Coach
I think Ricky will be watching very closely and probably has been since end of origin or even since we have been in talks with him. He wil have a firm idea as to who he wants to keep and who he doesn't. Just the juniors like Blair will be ones he will be looking at closer. The players know he is coaching next year and they have to impress him and i'm sure they know that.

I think Arthur wants to just show some pride in the jumper. He seems like a hard task master like Bellamy and could well be a good coach one day. He's a bit like Maguire in the 'take no shit' department

proto

Juniors
The way Arthur used the interchange tonight was great. Kearney has been
Stupid all year the way he went about it

Well done mate

natheel

Coach
Good stuff brad. Judging by his prematch interview on tv he just wants the boys to enjoy themselves and noted we have nothing to lose. Let them play some footy.

bartman

Immortal
Well done Brad. Preparation and game plan blew them off the park early on. The players are clearly enjoying their footy more, like the squad has suddenly been unleashed the past two games.

ParraSteve

Juniors
Didn't Arthur look animated in the dressing room at half time appears the players are responding to him more than SK

Gronk

Staff member
Well done to the coach. Winning without Hayne is not easy.

Loved the enthusiasm and 2nd phase. Much better than one out up the middle rubbish.

Suitman

Post Whore
The way Arthur used the interchange tonight was great. Kearney has been
Stupid all year the way he went about it

Well done mate

Yeh, but funny thing is that Kearney would have pulled pillar to post around here if Hindmarsh had been kept off the field and the Bronco's scored two tries early in the second half.

#Shortmemories.

Yeh, but funny thing is that Kearney would have pulled pillar to post around here if Hindmarsh had been kept off the field and the Bronco's scored two tries early in the second half.

#Shortmemories.

at least arthur had the brains to get him back out there how many games this year has fui been getting splinters on the bench while the opposition was running riot

strider

Post Whore

#Shortmemories.

at least arthur had the brains to get him back out there how many games this year has fui been getting splinters on the bench while the opposition was running riot

yeah .... I think everyone acknowledges hindy is no spring chicken and can handle if he gets a rest

but i think it was great that as soon as they ran in 2 quick tries, and it was only 7 mins into the second half, he had hindy back on the field - as opposed to wait a little longer for the usual scheduled time you make a replacement in the 2nd half

arthur reacted well ... and it helped

Ron Jeremy

Coach

#Shortmemories.

Kearney is gone, for the better, get over it.

We are just glad your still here after last night, we were all thinking of you:)

strider

Post Whore
I must also say - I think it's easier for an assistant coach to get the players onside ... head coaches are busy doingall sorts of stuff other than coaching and they are the ones who are credited with making hte tough calls to demote or whatever ... while an assistant is more out there training with the guys and being more like a mate

so once the assistant takes over there is probably a period where the players are more attached and more likely to put in for their "mate" .... perhaps over time it wears off though .... and probably only a few caoches can maintain the closeness with players after being the main man for a long period

Gronk

Staff member

#Shortmemories.

Yeah but how many times was Kearney up by 24 points at oranges ?

#never

Suitman

Post Whore
Kearney is gone, for the better, get over it.

We are just glad your still here after last night, we were all thinking of you:)

Mate, I'm more excited about our future than I was two weeks ago, so you get stop being a smarmy prick whenever you are ready.

Suity