What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler is overrated

OVP

Coach
Tommy Smith has already OWNED this thread.

Whats more to say ? Except i agree with Go The Bears

Kenny was a freak, and Fittler was close.

Charlie Saab said:
Shifty said:
Lyons performed as good as any 5/8 at club level, but fell away dramatically at rep level. Much the same as Gower does.

Fittler managed to be a dominant player at Origin and International level, not to the standard of Lewis, Kenny, Daley, etc., but for most of his career failed to deliver at club level. It wasn't until he gave away rep footy to 'concentrate' on club football that he managed to consistently dominate at that level.

The great 5/8's like Lewis, Kenny and Daley managed to consistently dominate in all areas of the game. Fittler was good, but he doesn't compare with the best of them.

i would agree with that. However there was a stage in Daleys career where the canberra folk said he played much better at NSW level than he did an club level. That stigma lasted a couple of yrs, but then died away.

Disputes on ???? when did Wally Lewis dominate at club level?????
He did absolutely nothing but blitz in SOO ,I cant remember one decent game from wally at club level a lazy bum.
my 5/8ths stand Kenny
Daley
Freddy
Walters
Lewis
in order players that delivered the trphy thats what counts

Charlie Saab said:
Shifty said:
Lyons performed as good as any 5/8 at club level, but fell away dramatically at rep level. Much the same as Gower does.

Fittler managed to be a dominant player at Origin and International level, not to the standard of Lewis, Kenny, Daley, etc., but for most of his career failed to deliver at club level. It wasn't until he gave away rep footy to 'concentrate' on club football that he managed to consistently dominate at that level.

The great 5/8's like Lewis, Kenny and Daley managed to consistently dominate in all areas of the game. Fittler was good, but he doesn't compare with the best of them.

i would agree with that. However there was a stage in Daleys career where the canberra folk said he played much better at NSW level than he did an club level. That stigma lasted a couple of yrs, but then died away.

He did absolutely nothing but blitz in SOO ,I cant remember one decent game from wally at club level a lazy bum.
my 5/8ths stand Kenny
Daley
Freddy
Walters
Lewis
in order players that delivered the trophy thats what counts

[furrycat]

Coach
again and again all it is, is a Roosters Thread 'bashing' honestly it is so lame? the hole season 3/4 of the forum was just full of bagging the Roosters out?
is this wat the Rugby League is all about?! how about just crediting players for their efforts and achievements? not looking at the negatives as much (hard to do i guess but still).
No it was proving a point with your roosters buddy who said SBW is over-rated and shit. Roosters bashing all the time? :lol: What about the thread after thread of Bulldog bashing led by yourself!

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Johns say's fittler is is the greatest player he's played against ;-)

Johns said last week Lockyer was the best he has played with or against in commentary....remember.

melon....

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
melon.... said:
You wnat over rated? Lockyear, Johns, Kennedy, Kite, Gower...theres a handful, and these turkeys are STILL playing.

Lockyer over rated? yeah sure :roll:
you are a deadset f'n rockmelon.
Go and watch the 3 test matches vs the poms 2003 and then come back and see if he is over rated. If Lockyer doesnt play those 3 games Australia lose all 3 tests...thats how much he put into those games.
I wont even get started on A Johns.
I have you idiot. Lockyear is a fullback struggling at 5/8th. Like Gower is a hooker struggling to perform with the current rep halves combo in the 7. You are a dead set Wally. You know what won us thge Ashes series ? Craig Wings break 3 minutes before time in test 1 to put Lockyear under the posts, and one piece of smart play from lockyear in Test 3. Thats it. Lockyear is rated, but overly rated...which means he is a good player but not as good as some people make, and not the best in the world. You know why he misses 2,3,4,5 tackles per game? Because as a fullback he's only used to making 4 tackles per game. 5/8s need to defend strongly. Enter Carrol. The only reason this caveman is there is to get between the ball carrier, and Lockyear and make the tackle, before Lockyear misses it. Bennett's got problems, because Lockyear has told him he doesnt want to play fullback. How do I know? Bennett asked his after this year's semis, and Darren chucked a tanty. Suits me fine, because the Broncos will go no where without a decent halves combo. I say keep the over rated balding retread in the 6!!

As for Johns...HE SHOULD HAVE RETIRED 2 YEARS AGO INSTEAD OF SENDING HIS CLUB BROKE IN 2005!! Dick.

RABK

Referee
at fittlers retirement dinner johns stated on stage that fittler was the greatest he played against so maybe he changes his mind. next week it will be corey pearson :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
melon.... said:
Charlie Saab said:
melon.... said:
You wnat over rated? Lockyear, Johns, Kennedy, Kite, Gower...theres a handful, and these turkeys are STILL playing.

Go and watch the 3 test matches vs the poms 2003 and then come back and see if he is over rated. If Lockyer doesnt play those 3 games Australia lose all 3 tests...thats how much he put into those games.
I have you idiot. Lockyear is a fullback struggling at 5/8th. Like Gower is a hooker struggling to perform with the current rep halves combo in the 7. You are a dead set Wally. You know what won us thge Ashes series ? Craig Wings break 3 minutes before time in test 1 to put Lockyear under the posts, and one piece of smart play from lockyear in Test 3. Thats it. Lockyear is rated, but overly rated...which means he is a good player but not as good as some people make, and not the best in the world. You know why he misses 2,3,4,5 tackles per game? Because as a fullback he's only used to making 4 tackles per game. 5/8s need to defend strongly. Enter Carrol. The only reason this caveman is there is to get between the ball carrier, and Lockyear and make the tackle, before Lockyear misses it. Bennett's got problems, because Lockyear has told him he doesnt want to play fullback. How do I know? Bennett asked his after this year's semis, and Darren chucked a tanty. Suits me fine, because the Broncos will go no where without a decent halves combo. I say keep the over rated balding retread in the 6!!

As for Johns...HE SHOULD HAVE RETIRED 2 YEARS AGO INSTEAD OF SENDING HIS CLUB BROKE IN 2005!! Dick.

F*ck me you talk sh!t.
Johns should have retired 2 yrs ago :roll:
Lockyer is the games best 5/8 and you cant see that. 95% of other people can...but you live in Rooster land and all look thru Rooster eyes.
Brisbane will go now where in 2005? They will go further than what the Chooks have! Finch and Firman!! hahahahahaahhah. Who will stop Finchy from crying when he chucks a tantrum? fittler isnt there anymore to wipe the tears away.
Yeah Craig Wing won the series :roll:
Go an watch the test series again and see what Lockyer did in the 3 games. YOU ARE THE WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY
Lockyer is over rated :roll:

gregstar

Referee
at fittlers retirement dinner johns stated on stage that fittler was the greatest he played against so maybe he changes his mind. next week it will be corey pearson
:lol:

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
melon.... said:
Charlie Saab said:
melon.... said:

Gower is a Hooker struggling at Halfback is he?

Premiership winning halfback and captain and this year almost got the Dally M despite being injured for a third of the season. :roll:

You have the worst judgement I have seen.....

Gower struggling :lol:

As Mal Meninga said after winning the GF "Its better than playing Origin, its better than playing for Australia, this is why you play the game"

In this regard I rate Gower high, even higher if he is "struggling"

Penrith isn't struggling is it? 1st and 4th the last two years?

JJ

Immortal
Roosters Grim Reaper said:
Charlie Saab said:
Shifty said:

my 5/8ths stand Kenny
Daley
Freddy
Walters
Lewis
in order players that delivered the trophy thats what counts

Wally was fine at club level - the Brisbane comp - when it was very strong.

To rate Kevin Walters ubove Wally Lewis is just about enough to have you committed!!

1. Lewis
2. Kenny (luckily Kenny was also the best centre in the world - so both can play)
3. Daley/Fittler

Walters is in a group with the likes of Lamb (who easily heads the group), Schofield, M Johns, Blake, Lyons, Lamb, Carter, even players like Florimo and Izzard... Walters was a very good player - but that's about it

melon....

Coach
Gower is garbage. Just look at his performances in Rep games. He cant strike a combo with anyone. He struggles to take control of a game..then fails. He is a First Grade Halfback...nothing more nothing less.

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
Gower is garbage. Just look at his performances in Rep games. He cant strike a combo with anyone. He struggles to take control of a game..then fails. He is a First Grade Halfback...nothing more nothing less.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never seen a more "Tri-colured glasses" analysis of the world's 2nd best halfback!

Well who would you have in the Roo's number 7 Jersey, colon polyp?? Finch??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pantherjim.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
melon.... said:

A first Grade halfback who is undefeated at Test level..........nothing more nothing less :roll:

JJ

Immortal
melon.... said:

You're certifiable!

I wouldn't rubbish Gower - who's a dominant half at club level, and is establishing himself at SOO and International level, when my favourite club has..........
Brett Finch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: