What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Tighe: Fraud

K-Man

Bench
What a load of garbage! Tighe was fine, there's no point passing to McManus just for the hell of it when he would have to come back on the inside anyway. He backed himself a few times and got over the advantage line, on time in particular he was dead set going to score until an amazing tackle around the bootlaces.

As for POLGLASE, the man who is only the team due to his supposed safety and solidarity and "at least he doesn't stuff up like Tighe" - well he cost us the match. We absolutely had that game won, his dropped ball for the try totally changed the momentum not to mention the scoreboard.

Polglase is also the slowest, smallest winger in the NRL. Seriously, even when he scored I thought he wouldn't have the legs to get there.
He's a tough little guy, and that's all he has to offer.

Burwood

Bench
Although I was initially against it, maybe put Paterson into the centres. He really hasn't been mixing it up with the big boys in the forwards, but he has shown that he has the skills to play a bit wider and cause some trouble.

perverse

Referee
lol polglases first try was great work.. and he was in the right spot for his second.

which tries was tighe involved in? he did stuff all.. ran at the line when he was given HEAPS of room out wide on multiple occasions. and that's it. oh wait he dropped it a bit and crabbed his way sideways on a few occasions too.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well I 100% recall a pass he did to McManus so there's something up there.

It also said he had an offload so maybe "hitups" and "runs" are different.

He made one hitup according to nrl.com

Misanthrope

Staff member
No the one at the end of the first half where the Broncos scored in the right corner after Bedsy's miraculous tackle on Lockyer.

Ah, true. I'll concede that he was out of position, but given Buderus was the last line and that got a quick play the ball - I never really doubted they'd get across. Buderus had just delayed the inevitable.

Johns Magic

Referee
perverse said:
lol polglases first try was great work.. and he was in the right spot for his second.

which tries was tighe involved in? he did stuff all.. ran at the line when he was given HEAPS of room out wide on multiple occasions. and that's it. oh wait he dropped it a bit and crabbed his way sideways on a few occasions too.

Pffft, Polglase ran in a straight line that's all he did to score. Don't even try to give him credit for his second try either.

The only time Tighe got any sort of room was the time when he punctured a gap, drawing the centre and winger, and got a ball away to McManus who dropped it.

He worked his ass off to even make those "crab-across" runs because other people weren't in sight. Did Polglase, the WINGER ever make any dummy-half runs? I can't recall them, except the one where he may well have cost us the game.

Frederick

Staff member
CWBush said:
Ah, true. I'll concede that he was out of position, but given Buderus was the last line and that got a quick play the ball - I never really doubted they'd get across. Buderus had just delayed the inevitable.
Agreed. If anyone's to blame for that, it's Woolnough for missing the tackle on Berrigan that allowed him to make the initial break that Lockyer was backing up on.

perverse

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Pffft, Polglase ran in a straight line that's all he did to score. Don't even try to give him credit for his second try either.

The only time Tighe got any sort of room was the time when he punctured a gap, drawing the centre and winger, and got a ball away to McManus who dropped it.

He worked his ass off to even make those "crab-across" runs because other people weren't in sight. Did Polglase, the WINGER ever make any dummy-half runs? I can't recall them, except the one where he may well have cost us the game.
lol this is exactly my point.. polglase did stuff all and still had a larger impact on the game than our supposed game winner in tighe. and tighe got more ball.. in better position.. and did sweet f.a. how did polglase not do a good job on his first try? he had a lot to beat to get to the line.

actually mcmanus made a fair few runs. especially late in the game when our forwards were tired.

Ben

Bench
I also thought this was one of Brad Tighe's best matches. Sure he did hold onto the ball a lot but he broke over the advantage line on numerous occassions and was threatening most times when he touches the ball. I'm sure if the pass he through out to McManus stuck and we ended up scoring, most people here would have a different opinion.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Polglase's error leading to the Broncos second (and subsequently third) try was the reason we lost. Not Tighe. He isnt the best centre around but we could do worse.

Alex28

Coach
There were worse players than Tighe out there tonight - I thought he defended pretty well, made a few runs in the second half...

He got some pretty poor ball and got limited opportunities to create anything. Mullen and Abes were average at best in the halves - Abes is a great player but he aint a half. Brad has to be open to passing out to McManus otherwise he is just a waste out there.

Farva

Juniors
K-Man said:
What a load of garbage! Tighe was fine, there's no point passing to McManus just for the hell of it when he would have to come back on the inside anyway. He backed himself a few times and got over the advantage line, on time in particular he was dead set going to score until an amazing tackle around the bootlaces.

As for POLGLASE, the man who is only the team due to his supposed safety and solidarity and "at least he doesn't stuff up like Tighe" - well he cost us the match. We absolutely had that game won, his dropped ball for the try totally changed the momentum not to mention the scoreboard.

Polglase is also the slowest, smallest winger in the NRL. Seriously, even when he scored I thought he wouldn't have the legs to get there.
He's a tough little guy, and that's all he has to offer.

:sarcasm:

Man, you must be kidding.

Johns Magic

Referee
perverse said:
lol this is exactly my point.. polglase did stuff all and still had a larger impact on the game than our supposed game winner in tighe. and tighe got more ball.. in better position.. and did sweet f.a. how did polglase not do a good job on his first try? he had a lot to beat to get to the line.

actually mcmanus made a fair few runs. especially late in the game when our forwards were tired.

What are you going on about?

Polglase fell over the line a couple of times, missed tackles and gifted them the worst try I've ever seen.

A lot to beat??? He ran in a straight line you dunce.

Tighe got the ball a bit tonight, but rarely in space. One time I can recall he almost set up a try.

Ben

Bench
Sure Polglase had the two tries next to his name at the conclusion of the game, but that just shows that he was in the right positon at the right time. With the ball that Tighe did receive, i think he played really well.

But he does need to work on his dummy half running though. The crabbing across field although centring play is not an effective ploy.

perverse

Referee
Johns Magic said:
What are you going on about?

Polglase fell over the line a couple of times, missed tackles and gifted them the worst try I've ever seen.

A lot to beat??? He ran in a straight line you dunce.

Tighe got the ball a bit tonight, but rarely in space. One time I can recall he almost set up a try.
i think your post is equally as ridiculous. tighe got the ball a BIT tonight? he got heaps of ball.. and heaps of room.

tighe almost did set up a try.. unfortunately the pass didn't stick. we scored our points down polglase and macdougalls wing.. and looked a lot better every time we went that way. our defense out wide on both sides continues to be shaky and panicked.

perverse

Referee
Ben said:
Sure Polglase had the two tries next to his name at the conclusion of the game, but that just shows that he was in the right positon at the right time. With the ball that Tighe did receive, i think he played really well.

But he does need to work on his dummy half running though. The crabbing across field although centring play is not an effective ploy.
gee, and here i was thinking that is a winger's job...

Alex28

Coach
It proved that Tighe isn't our best Centre - that goes to Macdougall. With the step and passing game that he showed tonight, perhaps Patterson might make a good Centre after all?

Johns Magic

Referee
Frederick said:
Karmichael Hunt could very easily have bundled him into touch.

Doesn't change the fact he ran in a straight line. He's not in there for his strength, and he was slow to the line anyway.

Latest posts