What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Tighe: Fraud

Ben

Bench
gee, and here i was thinking that is a winger's job...
I'm just saying that if you put Tighe in the position of Polglase and he would've done exactly as Polgase did. With two tries next to his name. You put Polglase in the Tighe's position and i can gaurantee he would not have been anywhere near as potent.

Johns Magic

Referee
perverse said:
i think your post is equally as ridiculous. tighe got the ball a BIT tonight? he got heaps of ball.. and heaps of room.

tighe almost did set up a try.. unfortunately the pass didn't stick. we scored our points down polglase and macdougalls wing.. and looked a lot better every time we went that way. our defense out wide on both sides continues to be shaky and panicked.

Heaps of room, have you got eyes?

Tighe's run was good, he did well to get the ball away. MCMANUS dropped it...not Tighe.

We look better on that side partly because that's the way everyone passes strongest. It's just a fact. That, and that MacDougall had a wow of a game.

voltron

Juniors
I thought Tighe had a good game today, well a better one for him
and you could see flashes of what he could be
unfortunately he isnt there yet
mcdougall was really good in the centre, very strong
but i wish both our centre's would run sideways
a little useless and a waste of a kick

why was mcdougall taking the fifth kicking option?!?!?!
and why do many chip kicks?!?!
instead of trying to pin them in the ingoal area.....
i thought our fifth tackle options were weak

and how about buderus and his new 'kicking' game!
kekeke

strewth_mate

Bench
On Polglase, is the try he's being blamed for the one where he rushed up on a Bronco who batted the ball onto the centre, then to Bott to score? If that's the case I'd hesitate to blame Polglase entirely for that, besides he backed up to almost cover his bott. McManus rushed in on a Souths second-man play last week and managed a dominant ball and all tackle, worked beautifully. I know the role of the winger in regards to positioning and staying outside your man, but it took something kind of freakish for Brisbane to score that one tonight.

And he had a bit of work to do for his first try; I feel if it was Tahu that scored it we'd be raving about his finishing ability. I thought he played decently but I'll await crucifixion. Thought Tighe wasn't awful either but I must have been elsewhere during most of his mistakes by the sounds of it.

Did MacDougall actually play centre for most of tonight? I saw him on the wing a fair bit, didn't seem a concrete thing with him in the centres.

knightsyeah12

Juniors
MacDougall in the centres was a very good move, when he gets the ball in his hands he is dangerous, it took so many players to bring him down it was increadible. he was very solid.

Tighe i thought had his best match of the year, yet he still needs to learn not to crab across field, he also needs some dummy half lessons he was woeful on occasions.

polglase i think did enough to secure his spot next week, but im still not convinced with him. Sure he scored 2 ties but any winger could have scored them in teh same position

Patterson and MacDougall to the centres next week!

Frederick

Staff member
strewth_mate said:
On Polglase, is the try he's being blamed for the one where he rushed up on a Bronco who batted the ball onto the centre, then to Bott to score?
Boyd? :p

K-Man

Bench
Originally Posted by K-Man
What a load of garbage! Tighe was fine, there's no point passing to McManus just for the hell of it when he would have to come back on the inside anyway. He backed himself a few times and got over the advantage line, on time in particular he was dead set going to score until an amazing tackle around the bootlaces.

As for POLGLASE, the man who is only the team due to his supposed safety and solidarity and "at least he doesn't stuff up like Tighe" - well he cost us the match. We absolutely had that game won, his dropped ball for the try totally changed the momentum not to mention the scoreboard.

Polglase is also the slowest, smallest winger in the NRL. Seriously, even when he scored I thought he wouldn't have the legs to get there.
He's a tough little guy, and that's all he has to offer.

Farva said:
:sarcasm:

Man, you must be kidding.

We were leading, and playing extremely well. He dropped it cold, they scored a gift try and then got another one a few minutes later. The momentum shifted, their confidence grew, we were deflated, and we never saw the lead again.

Tighe had a pretty fair game. For all those stats lovers who always criticise him, he made 123 metres from the centres.

That play where he burst through 2 defenders and got the miracle ball away to McManus was fantastic. If McManus holds on to that he scores, and we all would have been extremely pumped.

Then there was a ball across the face that Tighe absolutely flew onto, was headed straight for the line until an unbelievable grab around the ankles brought him down.

Overall Tighe was strong, clearly there are better centres in the comp but there are also plenty worse. Didn't defend too badly either.

Yosh

Coach
Tighe had a great game in my opinion. He is getting his own game back on track, and after he does that he will start to build a combination with McManus. Just wait a little longer. They didnt even score a try down this side tonight so cant blame his defense. Tighe also has an amazing step shimmy run from stop start thing going, and if utilized can be devastating in attack. Defense will improve as season goes on.

Polglaze yeah good effort piss poor performance. Sure 2 tries but the rest was garbage. I dont understand why people rate this guy saying 'oh he doesnt have much talent but puts in 110%' and sh*t, when Tanner was doing the exact same thing. Polglaze needs to be dropped for Uate. Doogs and Uate man devastating attack, and I'll say no more because their defense might not be up to scratch.

K-Man

Bench
Yosh said:
Tighe had a great game in my opinion. He is getting his own game back on track, and after he does that he will start to build a combination with McManus. Just wait a little longer. They didnt even score a try down this side tonight so cant blame his defense. Tighe also has an amazing step shimmy run from stop start thing going, and if utilized can be devastating in attack. Defense will improve as season goes on.

Polglaze yeah good effort piss poor performance. Sure 2 tries but the rest was garbage. I dont understand why people rate this guy saying 'oh he doesnt have much talent but puts in 110%' and sh*t, when Tanner was doing the exact same thing. Polglaze needs to be dropped for Uate. Doogs and Uate man devastating attack, and I'll say no more because their defense might not be up to scratch.

I don't understand it either. You're right, he's a backline Tanner. If he can't even hold onto the ball then he really shouldn't be there. I was under the impression that not droppning the ball was his biggest asset.

In his first try, it only looked like an ok effort because he's so slow and small. A big strong winger would've just taken the pass and crashed over the line easily, but he had to do a little stop-and-go and even then was very nearly held up.

Tighe's stats:
117 metres
1 offload
15 tackles
1 missed tackle

should've been 1 try assist but McManus dropped a beauty of a ball.

Pika

Bench
Sorry to be off topic, but on the subject of offloads.......

Patterson for the try. Incredible pass.

K-Man

Bench
Pika said:

Will be pretty hard to beat for pass of the season. It's not like it was just any old flick pass, he had a split second to realise what was needed and pull it off - amazing skill!

It woud be nice if touched the football more, because every time he does he's brilliant, but his work rate is dropping by the game.

Frederick

Staff member
Pika said:

It's up there with his bat-on for MacDougalls try against the Dragons. He really is making sure he gets noticed on-field :p

voltron

Juniors
i didnt even see it first go
suddenly polglase was diving over
polglase was suprised to catch the ball, but at least he caught it
McManus was suprised, but he couldnt grab the ball =(

Burwood

Bench
I'd move Tighe onto the wing before I'd drop him. Partner him up with Franze and they could cause some damage.

perverse

Referee
Pika said:

our team backed each other up great against the broncs.. and lots and lots of offloads went to hand. funnily enough we were only just discussing this being a flaw in our game against souths.

big turn around, well done to the boys. i still think last nights game was the best game we've played all year. few penalties and errors.. solid go forward. our 5th tackle options are still bad though. mullen needs to learn the words "repeat set".

Ben

Bench
mullen needs to learn the words "repeat set".
Spot on the money here. He has to be more patient and just roll the ball into the in goal rather than going for the all or nothing cross field bomb. I think Joey needs to take him away for a week and just imbed this in his head.

And Patterson, that was a miracle ball. Had three players on him, getting pushed to the sideline and found the chest of Polglase who was darting back in field. And if he is right handed it makes the pass even more special. I'd like to see Benji pull off something as good as that.

Latest posts