What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Tighe: Fraud

Stranger

Coach
Tighe had alot of ball from what i saw. Rarely passed and by rare I'm talking twice max IMO... Was quite disgusted with his performance really. His job is to take the first dummy half run after a kick... upon which he runs 30m across field to get his legs chopped for a gain of 1m.

Gene Krupa

Referee
I think it's funny some are calling for Polglase's head after one average performance but ask for Fraud to be "given time" to settle into the position. How long do we give him? 10 games? 20? 3 seasons? Enough is enough! Atleast Polglase did something, which is 1,000 times more than Fraud

6 games for Fraud and nothing. Can't even pass to his winger.

Great game my arse.

Johns Magic

Referee
Stranger said:
Tighe had alot of ball from what i saw. Rarely passed and by rare I'm talking twice max IMO... Was quite disgusted with his performance really. His job is to take the first dummy half run after a kick... upon which he runs 30m across field to get his legs chopped for a gain of 1m.

That's not his job, he's not a winger is he? If anything he did well to even get there to take pressure off the forwards.

Burwood

Bench
I can totally forgive Polglase's mistake from the other night, no matter how costly it may have been. It wasn't a poor read in defence or a failure to position himself correctly in attack- it was just a freakish one off simple mistake.

Jono078

Referee
I didnt really see where Tighe was in a good position to pass the ball to McManus.

And when he finally gave him a good ball McManus spilled it.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
I think it's funny some are calling for Polglase's head after one average performance but ask for Fraud to be "given time" to settle into the position. How long do we give him? 10 games? 20? 3 seasons? Enough is enough! Atleast Polglase did something, which is 1,000 times more than Fraud

6 games for Fraud and nothing. Can't even pass to his winger.

Great game my arse.

WTF did Polglase do? Jacksh*t, that's what. Tighe outplayed him in defence and attack.

If you think this is Polglase's first average performance then you're joking. Average is all he's capable of. Unless he loses us the match, as he did last night.

Tighe missed one tackle, made 15, and made something like 120m. Set up a try(which McManus bombed), and almost broke the line another couple of times.

The Polglase love is typical of people who don't understand the dynamics of backline play.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Johns Magic said:
WTF did Polglase do? Jacksh*t, that's what. Tighe outplayed him in defence and attack.

If you think this is Polglase's first average performance then you're joking. Average is all he's capable of. Unless he loses us the match, as he did last night.

Tighe missed one tackle, made 15, and made something like 120m. Set up a try(which McManus bombed), and almost broke the line another couple of times.

The Polglase love is typical of people who don't understand the dynamics of backline play.

:lol: Outplayed? That's the funniest thing all year! If you want to throw stats around, 2 tries trump hogging the ball all night!

And we've had 6 averages performances from Fraud!

He didn't set up a try and almosts count for diddly squat!

No one is giving Polglase anymore love than Fraud gets for doing jack sh!t for the last 6 games. He's a nuffy who thinks he's a superstar when he's only a hack!

Jono078

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
:lol: Outplayed? That's the funniest thing all year! If you want to throw stats around, 2 tries trump hogging the ball all night!

No one is giving Polglase anymore love than Fraud gets for doing jack sh!t for the last 6 games. He's a nuffy who thinks he's a superstar when he's only a hack!
Tighe got a double last week and let in 1, same as Polglase yesterday... :?

Johns Magic

Referee
Gene Krupa said:

What, Polglase fell over the line twice? Give the man a medal! Better yet, re-name the whole stadium after him. Wowee, what an athlete! :lol:

Oh and, if you want the stats:

Tighe - 15 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 hitup, 117 metres, 1 offload

Polglase - 7 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 2 hitups, 86 metres, no offloads

Accompanied by six average performances from the halves...ever think of that? Oh, of course not.

And that's why you have no idea about rugby...

Yosh

Coach
Tighe is definately improving. He has a world of talent more then Polglase and is just warming in. I would agree with alot of you guys in this forum in calling him a fruad but last week and this week he has proven to me that he is getting better, and soon he will be playing to the best of his ability week in week out.

Also the crabbing across, everytime he did that he was looking for a forward to offload to who was running a hard straight line, but none of our forwards were. If there were he probably would of got some quality passes/off-loads to them to make some more quality metres. He played good yesterday, not great but good, 6 more weeks and he will be playing some great games.

Stranger

Coach
Johns Magic said:
That's not his job, he's not a winger is he? If anything he did well to even get there to take pressure off the forwards.

Wingers job is kick return unless fullback takes it. Great league knowledge there JM :arrow:

Jono078

Referee
That would be the only criticism I have, he ran across field way too much, but that can be fixed and it's not exactly too big an issue.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Johns Magic said:
What, Polglase fell over the line twice? Give the man a medal! Better yet, re-name the whole stadium after him. Wowee, what an athlete! :lol:

As opposed to making Fraude a saint like you do?

Oh and, if you want the stats:

Tighe - 15 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 hitup, 117 metres, 1 offload

Polglase - 7 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 2 hitups, 86 metres, no offloads

Comprehensively out played there! :roll: Give him the 3 DallyM's!

Accompanied by six average performances from the halves...ever think of that? Oh, of course not.

Actually, the halves HAVEN'T had 6 average performances.

And that's why you have no idea about rugby...

No you'r correct there. But I'm talking League not yawnion!

Johns Magic

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
As opposed to making Fraude a saint like you do?

Comprehensively out played there! :roll: Give him the 3 DallyM's!

Actually, the halves HAVEN'T had 6 average performances.

No you'r correct there. But I'm talking League not yawnion!

Tighe has potential, even if you can't see that.

Outplayed is outplayed, like it or not. You can admit it, come on...be a man.

The halves have been sh*thouse. Mullen has been terrible at halfback, and Abraham is a forward.

Either code, that logic is ridiculous.

CJKnight

Juniors
There is no doubting Tighe's athletic ability and speed is far greater than Polglase's will ever be. Polglase is one of those players that is forced to play solid football every game because he doesn't have the brilliance of a lethal try-scorer like Tighe.

Having said that however, Polglase has not put a step wrong in his 4 games and I would like to continue seeing him in FG. whereas the only thing Tighe has to work on is his tackling and ball control (he does drop the ball alot). If he can learn to get up in the defensive line and not let the runners come to him he will let in far fewer tries.

voltron

Juniors
i dont know why JM is defending Fraude so much
the fact is, not matter how much potential you might have
he isnt living up to it. he is missing those basics skills that make people great players
like....ball control, being able to defend the line as a team.

that offload he made breaking away from two players to get it off, that was amazing, and i can see a little of what JM is talking about.....
but if thats his potential, he doesnt play like that the whole game
he gets lazy
there is no real improvement in him, in those matters week by week
he just turns up week in week out doing exactly the same thing
and what people are saying is that, that wont cut it, he needs to improve
and unless he does, he should be dropped for someone, who might have the same shortcomings, but is at least going to improve

K-Man

Bench
Gene Krupa said:
!

That's an extremely naive comment.

Are you suggesting that the only positive contributions to a game of football are those that lead directly to a try? I guess you're not a fan of forwards who make lots of metres but don't score tries then?

If a centre gets on the outside of his opposite, draws in the winger, offloads to an unmarked man on his outside with the wide line open, that means diddly squat? Please.

Tighe has no bearing on whether or not McManus catches the ball or not, but it was great play regardless. Polglase dreams about moves like that.

The reason Polglase can be written off after one poor performance is because he is simply not capable of great performances. He's a plodder, and as such I expect a faultless, meaningless contribution from him EVERY game, otherwise we might as well have a player with size, skill, strength or speed in his place.

He's been in and out of first grade for a very long time now too, I'm pretty sure I've seen the best he has to offer.

K-Man

Bench
voltron said:
i dont know why JM is defending Fraude so much
the fact is, not matter how much potential you might have
he isnt living up to it. he is missing those basics skills that make people great players
like....ball control, being able to defend the line as a team.

that offload he made breaking away from two players to get it off, that was amazing, and i can see a little of what JM is talking about.....
but if thats his potential, he doesnt play like that the whole game
he gets lazy
there is no real improvement in him, in those matters week by week
he just turns up week in week out doing exactly the same thing
and what people are saying is that, that wont cut it, he needs to improve
and unless he does, he should be dropped for someone, who might have the same shortcomings, but is at least going to improve

He's played 6 games of first grade in 2 years, and he should be dropped for players with less ability because he's not improving?

Give him an entire season like Carmont has been given. In fact, just give him half a season. Imo he is getting better every match and will continue to do so.

What are the 2 biggest criticisms leveled at Tighe? Poor defence and doesn't get involved. Well he just made 117 metres from centre (and it's not his job to run from dummy half, it's the wingers, despite what someone was saying). It was very clear in the last match that he was hungry for work, he wanted to help out. He was obviously trying to address the "goes missing" part of his game.

As for defence, he made 15 tackles and missed 1. I can't recall him ever being really beaten badly out wide, or any tries or line breaks resulting directly from his poor defence.

So, playing outside an ineffective halves combination he contributed a lot of metres gained, solid defence, a couple of near misses running at pace close to the line, what should have been a try assist (but for McManus). Last week he scored a try and set up another, admittedly made a poor read and cost us a try in defence but otherwise didn't miss a single tackle.

He's so close to having one of those games where everyone says "wow Tighe was awesome". When he does, I will sit back and enjoy it.

Yosh

Coach
Guys I call it now. Within 3 weeks you guys will be eating your words. Tighe is developing into a true first grader and developing fast. He has pace, a good step and has vision to set up his winger. He also has the confidence now to back himself to take on the line. His defense is improving also, he isnt a huge centre but is big enough to tackle almost anything that should run at him. 3 weeks guys no more.

Latest posts