What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bravery

What is the greatest act of bravery on a RL field ever?

• Ray Higgs Paramatta 1976 - played GF with broken jaw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loudstrat

Coach
There has been many acts of pain-defying bravery on Rugby League fields over the years. The latest amazing act by Josh Dugan got him a start in Origin. How does it rate - and which was the best ever?

Matt23

Staff member
Is this thread for real, or is Loudy still sulking cos Princess Jarryd did'nt get picked?

Loudstrat

Coach
No, I just admire Dugan for playing in such massive discomfort - and replacing the bloke who most thought would have been the first picked - given he's been the blues best in the last 5 years.

I hope he had pain killers.

Cliffhanger

Coach
How is playing with a broken jaw braver than running on a broken ankle?

You don't need to use your jaw when you're playing.

Noa

First Grade
Gavin Miller - Got up every morning and walked out the front door.

j0nesy

Bench
This is a great thread :lol:
I had to vote for Dugan. He could have surpassed it the following week but unfortunately the boil on his ass got the better of him. Brave lad but he is only human afterall.

On another note, f**k Im glad he got the nod over Hayne.

dogslife

Coach
johnribot_gallery__470x310-420x0.jpg

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
2003 State Of Origin Series, Game 1. Paul Bowman kept playing with medial ligament and cartilage damage, he eventually went off and spent a month after that on the sideline.

Eels Dude

Coach
Ben Creagh in SOO two years ago. It takes massive guts to back run away from a fight at origin level and risking being remembered solely for that one incident for the remainder of your NRL career.

Hooch

Juniors
2003 State Of Origin Series, Game 1. Paul Bowman kept playing with medial ligament and cartilage damage, he eventually went off and spent a month after that on the sideline.

When Tate did his last ACL he played on it until half time.

You can block out all sorts of pain for 80min.. just a matter of what it does to you in terms of the injury long term, and whether you can play to a useful standard. It's just sport.

60min on a broken ankle.. was he needled? There was some Yank who played with a broken leg... interviewed a number of years later he said it was a bloody stupid thing to do.

I would like to know exactly what was the go with that boil on Dugan. They'd been implying he can't play injured with that calf... he's not doing a lot to dispel that. Origin toughness.. like Ennis.. or Creagh.. tough :?

jamoss

Juniors
i love loyalty and rivalry and all those things within the game but i hate the idea that people should try and prove they are tough by staying on the field when they are really hurt.. Pride is a great thing but mixed with stupidity it can turn dangerous fairly quickly.

Nightward

Juniors
I'd say Brent Tate.

Not only has he done his knee a number of times, he had his spine broken and his neck structure is such that he needs the brace to play safely. Even so, he keeps coming back, and once he gets match fitness after recovering performs at the peak of the game.

That's over a career, though... individual acts of courage in a single game probably stand out a bit more.