What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bravery

What is the greatest act of bravery on a RL field ever?

• Ray Higgs Paramatta 1976 - played GF with broken jaw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loudstrat

Coach
michael hancock 1988-2000 - played with extensive brain damage.
:lol:

Jarryd hayne surviving all the man love from demented, success starved parramatta fans.
Raders fans commenting on another team being "Success starved", when their last premiership wining halfback has developed dementia!

Weisell played w/o painkillers (there were none in those days). Its a classic story - Battle of Brisbane - Australia down to 11 men with injury when his run on the busted ankle set up the series winning try.

I think Dugan had pain killers for his pimple - but his bravery in rejecting clearasil clearly impressed Stuart. The again one gets the impression that playing in his own poo would impress him these days.

2003 State Of Origin Series, Game 1. Paul Bowman kept playing with medial ligament and cartilage damage, he eventually went off and spent a month after that on the sideline.

beat me to it, when he was being attended to, nsw had the ball and had made a break and he got up, and back into the defensive line and made a tackle.......truly inspiring

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Poor attempt to return serve on the dugan >>>>>>>> Hayne thread from Loudy
:lol: Dont worry mate, if Bmoz keeps up his work, Princess Hayne will eventually get another blues jersey

Dugan with an infected boil >>>>>>>>>>>> Princess Hayne

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Loudy the raiders aren't success starved, we won last week and we're only 7 wins from top spot on the ladder. :sarcasm:

As for the Dugan not playing because of a pimple my sources tell me that his arm was actually ripped off the week before and like Bruce Reid he was being held together by sticky tape.

Parramatta's last premiership winning halfback is so old that on weekdays he's put into a cryogenic chamber and wheeled out on weekends to call matches.

Loudstrat

Coach
And he still hanst got Altzheimers. Last time we saw sticky he was having a tanty in a motel lobby. After losing a big representative game because - wait for it - the FULLBACK he chose f*cked it!!!!!!

Hows Dugans almost-career-ending pimple going???

Eion

First Grade
Ross - for still playing with his bung neck. Actually, should probably come under a "Stupidity" thread.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
And he still hanst got Altzheimers. Last time we saw sticky he was having a tanty in a motel lobby. After losing a big representative game because - wait for it - the FULLBACK he chose f*cked it!!!!!!

Hows Dugans almost-career-ending pimple going???

Ricky was fine before he left for the dogs in 1998. Add a few years at easts and cronulla and you're bound to go insane.

As for The Dugan, being selected for state of origin heals all wounds.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Michael Ennis for crawling up Kade Snowden's arse when a fight broke out. Must have taken some guts to do that - would have been sweaty back there.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It's hard for me as a Parramatta supporter to vote in this poll.

Obviously I believe Hayne is the better player, but knowing that Dugan played city country with a zit on his arm that hadn't yet popped?

It's very hard to look past that - has there been a braver act?

I heard that it's possible the Doctors popped the zit just before he took the field --> imagine the pain wracking the young mans body?

Bravest ever.

applesauce

Bench
Where is:

Webke playing against GB with a broken arm.

Wallace playing 60mins of Origin with a ruptured testicle!!!

???

anjado

Juniors
Weisel's sounds very impressive. Prescott broke his arm early in the match and was a front rower so i find that more impressive then Churchill's.

Didn't Bob Lindner play some minutes in state of origin 2 in 1989 ?

I remember Chris Mortimer tearing off the plaster off his broken thumb and getting a power drill and drilling out the screws in his finger to play in a semi final in 1989.

there have been many to chose from.

Nightward

Juniors
Yeah, Wallace's always makes me go :?, too.

Guy literally gave up a nut to play for his state, still did about as good a job as any of the other candidates would have, and was promptly dropped like a hot rock by NSW for a succession of players who have comprehensively failed to deliver.

If it had been a Queenslander who did that, we'd select them first for the next thousand years.

Mystifying attitude from NSW.

Pigskin

Juniors
Where is:

Webke playing against GB with a broken arm.

Wallace playing 60mins of Origin with a ruptured testicle!!!

???

Loudstrat is the poll-maker and poll-jockey.

He doesn't acknowledge Queenslanders or anybody playing north of the border.

Wake up to yourself, you should know that !

Oink !