What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bravery

What is the greatest act of bravery on a RL field ever?

• Ray Higgs Paramatta 1976 - played GF with broken jaw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yeah, Wallace's always makes me go :?, too.

Guy literally gave up a nut to play for his state, still did about as good a job as any of the other candidates would have, and was promptly dropped like a hot rock by NSW for a succession of players who have comprehensively failed to deliver.

If it had been a Queenslander who did that, we'd select them first for the next thousand years.

Mystifying attitude from NSW.

I'd have serious reservations about his form after the first 5-10 years. But his "passion" would get him there, right?

Noa

First Grade
How bout Matt Adamson playing most of the season without an ACL.

Pretty good effort, not pimple-on-arm tough, but its up there.

applesauce

Bench
How bout Matt Adamson playing most of the season without an ACL.

Pretty good effort, not pimple-on-arm tough, but its up there.

No doubt an amazing thing to do, but can be overcome with correct hamstring co-activation to offset the lack of ACL.

Players just opt for the surgery for greater long-term benefits.

Noa

First Grade
Just like the saying "Is it Rooty Hill RSL big" I feel any questions of toughness, from this point forward should be answered with the question "Is it pimple-on-an-arm tough" ?

Patorick

Staff member
Cameron Ciraldo deserves a mention.

injury1_gallery__470x313.jpg

Noa

First Grade
Round 3, 2011.

Played on.
OK I thought that was from his broken ankle a year or 2 ago....anway he's on a stretcher, whereas Dugan would leave the field carrying the stretcher with the medicos on it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Laurie Daley's 1990 test with a broken arm deserves a mention.

to_ddeath

Coach
The collective IQ of the majority of posters in this thread - takes bravery just to bother posting :lol:
For on field - Sattler no question about it.
Off the field - GI for preventing a partners self-harm & keeping a speedboat from public view for as long as he did. That takes major guts.

T.

I think Laurie Daley's 1990 test with a broken arm deserves a mention.

Against the poms? It was his hand. There's a famous pic of him tackling a pom with 2 fingers. (jersey pull though lol)

Anyway LOL @ the Hayne lovers....I feel sorry for you.

Latest posts