What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breach tops a million

jc155776

Coach
What a cheating merkin of a club.

Scummy team, scummier fans.

See them crying on insight last night? Probably don't even understand the rules of the game anyway.

Mr Saab

Referee
Still wont shut up the likes of 2SM who think they should still be playing for points. Melbourne have screwed themselves and the NRL

Godz Illa

Coach

Johns Magic

Referee
If the Storm are this much over it just makes me more suspicious that other teams must be as well.

user_nat

Coach
Being that much over you would have to think that they are over paying players to the point that the players can't possibly not have known.

Also you have to wonder why they confessed to the NRL, but lied anyhow.

Unfortunately there's only one way that could possibly be addressed. Annul the matches teams have played against the Storm so far and redo the entire draw for the remainder of the season without them. So yes it's hardly fair, but unless you're willing to go down that path it's a fact of life until the team is brought under the cap.

Leigh.

unfair to the teams that have beat them

mickdo

Coach
by beating other teams, f**king up their chances of making the finals. The Storm are like "well, if we can't get points, then neither can anyone else", which sets a dangerous precedent.

Are you telling me they weren't trying to beat other teams before they got found out? Seriously, I've heard some rib ticklers in my time, but that one's an absolute pearler! :lol::lol::lol:

Mickyd39

Juniors
This is getting beyond the joke.

On Insight last night, JT was asked if he knew how much he was getting paid and where it was coming from.

He said he knew excatly where his money was coming from and how much he was getting paid.

How can the players not have known about this!

I think the NRL needs to step in now and do something. How is it fair that the teams that have followed the rules are playing against a team that is now $1.3mil over the cap.

I don't care that they are not playing for points, it is not an even playing field at this moment.

I can't wait for the storm fans to get on here and blame the NRL for this further breach of the cap.

1.3 mill is basically two marquee / Internationals i.e. Inglis and Slater and someone on the verge of becoming an international e.g. Cronk.

I know it doesn't exactly pan out that way when you get down to brass tacks as that 1.3 is more likely to be spread over 10 players rather than just 3 main ones, but just to simplify things, take Inglis, Slater and Cronk out of that side and see how well they go. They would still have several internationals (at least as many as most of the other teams in the comp) but it would certainly bring them back to the field.

Just goes to show the height of the deception. Which ever way you look at it, an extra 1.3 million over everyone else would make just about any team in the comp world beaters.

Apply that 1.3mill to the Broncos this season for instance. If they had the current side now plus say Petero, Mick Ennis and Brent Tate for instance. Completely different proposition to what they are now and thats probably not even the whole 1.3mill. You could probably throw Dave Taylor back into their mix with that sort of money as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Basically a write off? :lol: Fair dinkum some of you are drama queens.