What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

breaking news; Rangi Chase

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Says it all about England's halves.

Havent seen much of their halves but do you think he's as good as Myler, Tomkins, Lomax, Widdop??

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
It happens in every sport, he did his time, he has every right to play for England. I doubt the kiwis would've won the 2008 world cup without Nathan Fien, Uate will turn out for Aussie this year so I have no problem with Rangi Chase playing for England. And even If he plays for England he's still eligible to play for the NZ Maori team.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
Brent Webb ring a bell with any Kiwi fans? Any number of Aussies/Kiwis have had the ability to choose which side they picked to play for, as they qualify for both NZ and Australia (Benji himself could have chosen to play for Australia if he'd wanted - he did play for Aus Schoolboys as well didn't he?).

McNamara is trying to make England competitive. He's made it pretty obvious that so long as a player is good enough, qualifies and wants to play for England, he'll pick them. The message to young British players is simple - get better if you want to get in the team.

Half the English fans complaining here and elsewhere are happy for shedloads of average Aussies to play for their clubs - that's far more damaging to the development of British players than having Chase play for England.

Personally I think McNamara is laying some great foundations for international league by at least trying to make England competitive in ths short to medium term. Anyone doubting that this is a good idea ought to have a look at some of the garbage served up by Engand/GB in recent years.

RL fans are the most insular in the world as far as I can tell. Bleating on about purity when we are following exactly the same rules as other sports which have been doing this for years. Half the English cricket team is South African, and there are a couple of kiwis playing regularly for the England union team. Get over it. It isn't as though McNamara has picked 17 Aussies FFS. He's simply put the message out to any qualified players that may want to play for England. Well done I say.

Didgi

Didgi will be going into meltdown. You used words that aren't monosyllables.

:? Are all of your contributions this useless? Then again you think Chase would've been behind Fein and Leuluai so I guess so.

typicalfan

Coach
Chase had buckleys chance of playing for NZ. Sort of slaps that exiles match in the face, so much for being origin like.

yeah hows uate doing?

at least we have'nt broken any RLIF laws to select chase...

now bog off and go let ya boyfriend shove his fist up ya arse u f**king muppet!!!
Uate in an Australian junior. Played every game he's ever played here. I know he's black but they are allowed to play for Australia you know.

Chase is a Kiwi who was never good enough to play for New Zealand. Sounds like he's over-qualified for Ingerlund.

Hypocracy is turning you into a very foul mouthed little bigot isn't it?

typicalfan

Coach
Uate in an Australian junior. Played every game he's ever played here. I know he's black but they are allowed to play for Australia you know.

Chase is a Kiwi who was never good enough to play for New Zealand. Sounds like he's over-qualified for Ingerlund.

This i agree with. It is a bit like Shontayne Hape for England RU all over again.

The Chase/Fien/Webb/Hunt type situations are worse considering they took the glory road.

Hypocracy is Frank Pritchard talking tough about Hunt when he is born in Sydney. :sarcasm:

WireMan

Bench
A whole competition to yourselves, and you still can't pull together a 20 man squad of actual englishmen?

Except for the French team. Australia have a comp to themselves as well? You hold as much silverwear as England. Better fly the Fijians in, cause you obviously need them.

Says it all about England's halves.

Havent seen much of their halves but do you think he's as good as Myler, Tomkins, Lomax, Widdop??

No. But its a numbers game.
Ask the NZ Union team, sometimes you need a good back up to a world class stand off. You never know whats around the corner.

Brent Webb ring a bell with any Kiwi fans? Any number of Aussies/Kiwis have had the ability to choose which side they picked to play for, as they qualify for both NZ and Australia (Benji himself could have chosen to play for Australia if he'd wanted - he did play for Aus Schoolboys as well didn't he?).

McNamara is trying to make England competitive. He's made it pretty obvious that so long as a player is good enough, qualifies and wants to play for England, he'll pick them. The message to young British players is simple - get better if you want to get in the team.

Half the English fans complaining here and elsewhere are happy for shedloads of average Aussies to play for their clubs - that's far more damaging to the development of British players than having Chase play for England.

Personally I think McNamara is laying some great foundations for international league by at least trying to make England competitive in ths short to medium term. Anyone doubting that this is a good idea ought to have a look at some of the garbage served up by Engand/GB in recent years.

RL fans are the most insular in the world as far as I can tell. Bleating on about purity when we are following exactly the same rules as other sports which have been doing this for years. Half the English cricket team is South African, and there are a couple of kiwis playing regularly for the England union team. Get over it. It isn't as though McNamara has picked 17 Aussies FFS. He's simply put the message out to any qualified players that may want to play for England. Well done I say.

Whilst i agree with most of what you put, i don't know anyone who is happy for shedloads of average Aussies (all picked up from the NRL by the way) to play for their club.

Chase had buckleys chance of playing for NZ. Sort of slaps that exiles match in the face, so much for being origin like.

Actually it makes it even more origin like, given that Origin is used to pick the Aussie national team.

roughyedspud

Coach

and there you go turning everything into a matter of race....

and at least you can spell bigot now ya muppet

and there you go turning everything into a matter of race....

and at least you can spell bigot now ya muppet
If you have an issue with Uate playing for Australia even though Ingerlund buys players in from NZ to play for them what other explanation can there be? He's an Australian player. His junior club is the Woy Woy Roosters. What is Rangi Chase's junior club?

At least we know why the RFL ditched proper international footbal in favour of a ridiculous "Origin" game. It was obviously a selection trial for the Ingerlund side. And seeing as Ingerlund lost to the NRL retirees XIII it's little wonder they're trying to buy in as many of them as they can.

typicalfan

Coach
Actually it makes it even more origin like, given that Origin is used to pick the Aussie national team.
Your analogy is poor. NSW don't play QLD and then pick Nate Myles because he lived there for a few years.

So in two years Chase can play for the Exiles and then the English :lol:

Except for the French team. Australia have a comp to themselves as well? You hold as much silverwear as England. Better fly the Fijians in, cause you obviously need them.

I'm a kiwi. So no, we hold much more silverware than Ronald chase and the might of england

They're Australians you bigot. Not another pom who thinks black people can't be Australian.

WireMan

Bench
The thread's about Chase, not Richie Myler.

oh no you didn't.

Your analogy is poor. NSW don't play QLD and then pick Nate Myles because he lived there for a few years.

So in two years Chase can play for the Exiles and then the English :lol:

Origin takes the best from NSW, vs the best from QLand. From these players the national team is chosen.

Exiles game takes the best English players, vs the best Aussie/Kiwi stars in the league. From these players the national team is chosen.

See. The same. :D

I'm a kiwi. So no, we hold much more silverware than Ronald chase and the might of england

Well you should know all about how countries with one team can impact a comp. Making your "whole comp to yourself" comment a little foolish. ;-)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
This i agree with. It is a bit like Shontayne Hape for England RU all over again.

The Chase/Fien/Webb/Hunt type situations are worse considering they took the glory road.

Hypocracy is Frank Pritchard talking tough about Hunt when he is born in Sydney:sarcasm:.

Dont forget Lesley Vainikolo and Henry Paul.