What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

breaking news; Rangi Chase

Evil Homer

Staff member
I'm supporting Wales anyway, but I would be embarrassed beyond belief to be cheering for an England side with players like Heighington and Rangi Chase in it. If I was an English player I would consider protesting and not playing for England until McNamara is removed from the game.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Him playing his 'high risk game' for the Kiwis is fine by me. We need someone to set up opportunities for our outside backs and against Australia we need to try things because in the past we haven't won many low scoring grinding games. Plus he now has Foran beside him who takes a hell of lot of pressure of him.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hmm, Kiwi fans attacking England when it was apparently Chase that approached McNamara. Says a lot for the draw of playing for NZ.

Doesn't say anthing really. Simply says that Chase lived in England long enough to identify and develop a bond with the country. Either that or he's taking the easy way out. Either way it doesn't say anything about the drawing power of the Kiwis.

Maybe ask the number of guys who could represent either NZ or Australia but are choosing NZ what they think of the Kiwi's pulling power.

Shorty

Staff member
how about you lot take your lockyer v benji wankfest elsewhere
One day you will be able to partake with a half of your own.....:lol:

Fair enough though, I'm sure Chase didn't expect to get picked with someone like Johnson coming through and Foran and Benji already there.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Lol! And there is the evidence....he's thrown in the towel and realised Marshall, Johnson and Foran are all in front of him plus he has to compete with Fien and Leulai. Taken the easy option.

Rarefrith

Juniors
Its not ideal but we need to put out the best team we can. There are alot of good young half backs coming though also like Lomax, Gaskell, Widdop etc

deluded pom?

Coach
Well 'spud you've been championing an Other Nationalities team for a while now. I bet you didn't think you'd see it wearing a red and white shirt though.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/warriors-league-team/news/article.cfm?c_id=360&objectid=10730389

"Hopefully, I'll end up playing. This game could help me play for New Zealand. That's my goal to wear the black and white of my country.
"It's a dream of mine since I was a little kid. If I play well [in Leeds] I might get a crack."

Still happy to have him on board 'spud? If that's not on a par with Heighington then I don't know what is.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is funny!!! Is England RL in such a bad state that they need to picka Kiwi??

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
No, that's what makes this even more stupid.

Well it could be worse...DCE and Chase could of been the halves!!

I supose this is no different than Nathan Fien playing for the Kiwis...less England having 12 professional teams to pick from.

I really do feel for England supporters, and young english players.

I hope the Kiwis target him...as they did for K Hunt!

LOL @ Chase - what a gutless piece of crap he really is. After the comments he made earlier this year, is astounding that England would pick him. But not to worry, as soon as training gets too tough or the coach asks him to give 110%, Chase will declare his allegiance to Wales.

At least there's another one to join the cutie and Teo gang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Sq9M___Iw

Jeez he seems really sincere in that video. He pretty much says that he wants to play international football, England was the easiest option, so he went with that.

Funniest comment was "Things of changed, I admit when I was a little kid I wanted to play for New Zealand but I've grown up."
Wow, so Rangi was still a 'little kid' in June 2011 when he made that comment:

" This game could help me play for New Zealand. That's my goal to wear the black and white of my country.
"It's a dream of mine since I was a little kid. If I play well [in Leeds] I might get a crack.""

Last edited:
Unfortunately for Rangi, it's pretty obvious watching that video that he is a complete halfwit.

Can't wait to see him playing for England. Will do his new nation proud....