What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brett kimmorley

dreary

Juniors
he was on the radio this morning and said he has 2 more years on his contract and is going nowhere. He also reiterated that he wants to end his carreer at cronulla.

sharknows beat me to it

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well gee footballers never lie do they.

This seem familiar? Darren Albert signs 2 year deal with St Helens in May then gets linked with the Sharks. Denies it all of course. Tells the media it's all poppycock he's staying in St Helens.

BTW

What do you think Michael Monaghan was doing at Shark Park yesterday folks?

Watching 2 of his potential new clubs going around maybe?

Special K

Coach
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
10. Bailey contract ends 2006, linked with Eagles & Roosters
Baileys contract ends at the end of 2007.

Your pissing in a cup and calling it VB at the moment.

dreary

Juniors
Not saying he couldn't be lying but he had no need to add that he wanted to finish his carreer at cronulla if it wasn't how he felt, no one asked him that.

samshark

Juniors
Guys, I lived in England for 5 years and the Sun newspaper is a piece of tabloid trash that often runs stories which have no credibility or truth to them. Think Rebecca Wilson and Womens Day (my wife tells me) and multiply them by 10 and you have the Sun.

The guys on the Bradford forum or whatever forum in England it is should know that.

Kimorley's not going anywhere. Relax!

Frenzy.

Immortal
dreary said:
Not saying he couldn't be lying but he had no need to add that he wanted to finish his carreer at cronulla if it wasn't how he felt, no one asked him that.

Well I think that could be a throw away line as well.

I don't have anything "mail" wise on the whole thing although it's been around in small doses since the slump started. Nothing substantive has ever come out to my knowledge.

I wouldn't care if he did go though. He's unilateral, one trick pony who is not serving us so well anyway.

I wouldn't care if he stayed either.

I'm ambivalent.

Mako

Juniors
That makes the real question then:

Would Monas or anyone we currently have be better or worse than having BK?

wittyfan

Referee
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
What do you think Michael Monaghan was doing at Shark Park yesterday folks?

Monaghan seems to like watching Melbourne play! If he's at Manly next year then I'm a Dutch astronaut.

sullyfan said:
...then I'm a Dutch astronaut.

huh ? :lol:

i have no information but i doubt that noddy is leaving. i'd much prefer him to stay. despite going thru a bad form slump with injury and confidence problems. i still think is one of the better halves in the game when he's on form, which i think he generally is and consistently so.

he's about to come out of his slump along with the rest of the team and just at the right end of the season.

black_dot

Juniors
Point 1- there was strong talk that Noddy was going to be " let go" as far back as our away match in Brisbane. A couple of the forummers that went to the match can confirm that I spoke of this at the time and that it was "talk" at the club.

Point 2- A player saying he "wants" to finish his career at a club is usually using "media speak" . Read between the lines. If Noddy WAS to leave his contract and go to the UK, he would be branded a mercenary, he would risk a cold reception in the UK should his form not stack up , the UK crowds hate money grabbers and would hark back to his "walk out" from his aussie club if his form falters at all. Far easier to say, well I always really just WANTED to stay at the sharks, indicating that it was the sharks call to release him and tell him he's not wanted.

Point 3- having said all that, rumours of player signings in the UK are notoriously shallow and most UK clubs are not even sure if they have signed a player until the said player turns up off the plane at heathrow, that is how fickle talk and negotiations are between Aussie players and UK clubs. Jason ferris was a classic example.

Point 4- If this rumour IS true, is it such a bad thing ? A Monaghan style player at half the price or less than kimmorley , taking into account both players form, may be seen as a good business decision and shrewd release/purchase.

Point 5 - Would Big Joe's Brother be joining Nod at the Bulls ?

Generalzod

Immortal
Kimmorley was on 2ky in the morning and was questioned about this rumour, Kimmorley
said he was not going anywhere...

Frenzy.

Immortal
black_dot said:
Point 1- there was strong talk that Noddy was going to be " let go" as far back as our away match in Brisbane. A couple of the forummers that went to the match can confirm that I spoke of this at the time and that it was "talk" at the club.

Point 2- A player saying he "wants" to finish his career at a club is usually using "media speak" . Read between the lines. If Noddy WAS to leave his contract and go to the UK, he would be branded a mercenary, he would risk a cold reception in the UK should his form not stack up , the UK crowds hate money grabbers and would hark back to his "walk out" from his aussie club if his form falters at all. Far easier to say, well I always really just WANTED to stay at the sharks, indicating that it was the sharks call to release him and tell him he's not wanted.

Point 3- having said all that, rumours of player signings in the UK are notoriously shallow and most UK clubs are not even sure if they have signed a player until the said player turns up off the plane at heathrow, that is how fickle talk and negotiations are between Aussie players and UK clubs. Jason ferris was a classic example.

Point 4- If this rumour IS true, is it such a bad thing ? A Monaghan style player at half the price or less than kimmorley , taking into account both players form, may be seen as a good business decision and shrewd release/purchase.

Point 5 - Would Big Joe's Brother be joining Nod at the Bulls ?

Not to mention it would provide a "new direction"

Cousin's dottie :)

Macca

Coach
If we sign that ridiculously over rated hack from Manly I will move to Adelaide

black_dot

Juniors
Point 6- 'Bro Nige is very very good mates with 'bro Peach.

I wonder how he is feeling about the clubs treatment of fellow 'bro peach ??

Latest posts