What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
why would there be?

it looks like he is preparing to sell his story

Good on him, the media f*cked him over, so he may as well get something back from them. His manager is probably looking into it, but if you actually think Stewart is out there selling the story himself while his is preparing for court everyday, then you are a bigger moron then I thought.

In Grand Final week. Nice. Thanks Manly.

A properly handled event and player handling and this is a non happening

You are a fool. Not much else to say really.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Prosecutor says Stewart is a gentleman
Brett Stewart is "refreshingly respectful towards females", the deputy senior crown prosecutor for NSW has told jurors at the rugby league star's sexual assault Sydney trial.

Giving evidence as a private citizen, Margaret Cunneen SC said she had known Stewart for about six years and her three adult sons knew him through football.

Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler also gave character evidence on Friday in the NSW District Court, describing Stewart as a role model.

Stewart has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting and twice indecently assaulting a 17-year-old girl outside his Manly home on March 6, 2009.

The 25-year-old fullback is accused of digitally penetrating and tongue-kissing the teenager.

Ms Cunneen was asked by Stewart's lawyer, Tony Bellanto QC, if the alleged actions were out of character for the footballer she knew.

"Any allegation that Brett Stewart forced himself on any woman or girl is completely inconsistent with the character of the young man I know," she said.

Mr Hasler also was asked about the charges.

"It isn't true, it just couldn't happen," he said.

"Everybody knows about Brett Stewart the athlete", but Mr Hasler said he knew his character, describing him as having compassion and humility.

Ms Cunneen said she had never seen Stewart drunk and described him as a "gentleman" who stood up when women entered his company.

"He is the first to offer a lady a chair or a drink," she said.

"He remembers their names and uses them, and he looks them in the eye when he speaks to them."

Ms Cunneen said Stewart dealt politely and graciously with the many people who often approached him, "including young women who are very, very keen to make his acquaintance".

Prosecutor Peter Skinner suggested Ms Cunneen had a reputation for being a high profile crown prosecutor in sexual assault cases.

She replied she had not done many cases since 2003, but she was aware that had been the case.

"You know from your experience that quite often people who present to the world in the most wonderful way ... can still have committed offences in private?" Mr Skinner asked.

"Yes, I have seen people give character evidence for people who are later convicted of offences," she replied.

"There is a huge distinction between the way people present in public and in private?" Mr Skinner asked.

Ms Cunneen agreed, but said in the case of Stewart, he had been to workshops about violence against women, while many other men had not thought about such issues.

The trial is continuing before Justice Jonathan Williams.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...ys-stewart-is-a-gentleman-20100924-15pqw.html

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Good on him, the media f*cked him over, so he may as well get something back from them. His manager is probably looking into it,
but if you actually think Stewart is out there selling the story himself while his is preparing for court everyday
, then you are a bigger moron then I thought.
Agree dude, The guys future is on the line and f**king geniuss think he's out trying to make a quick buck.

You are a fool. Not much else to say really.
The guys future is on the line and geniuss think he's out trying to make a quick buck....f**kwits.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
there was something on Ten News about the jury having a laugh

apparently the judge told the prosecutor he was embarrassing after he showed some CCTV footage of Stewart dancing and it showed him slipping

the prosecutor said that was because he was drunk. sounds like the judge didn't think much of it and left the prosecutor red faced with the jury laughing at him

El Diablo

Post Whore
Good on him, the media f*cked him over, so he may as well get something back from them. His manager is probably looking into it, but if you actually think Stewart is out there selling the story himself while his is preparing for court everyday, then you are a bigger moron then I thought.

and you think his manager would be shopping his story around without his clients knowledge?

Garts

Bench
Who cares if the manager is shopping his story around. If the guy is innocent and has incurred potentially hundreds of thousands in legal bills he deserves it.

Garts

Bench
They must be pretty confident he will be found not guilty. From all the reports it seems like that will be the case.

Garts

Bench
WTF. All I am saying is based on the reports it would be hard for a jury to find him guilty. I have no idea if he is guilty or not but based on what I have read it seems unlikey they would convict IMO. Is it that hard to comprehend.

effnic

Bench
lol

as if you'd have any idea either way

If you have been following the case properly and closely instead of just reading the papers it is very obvious he will be found not guilty very very soon. Its hilarious watching the person who constantly whinges about how pathetic the media are now taking there side and taking every word from the papers as 100% fact.

Kilkenny

Coach
As in most high profile criminal trials where the accused can afford the best silk available it is largely not the accused who is on trial but the victim.

It is highly probably Brett Stewart will be acquitted as the saying goes, whether he is not guilty is another issue.

El Diablo

Post Whore
WTF. All I am saying is based on the reports it would be hard for a jury to find him guilty. I have no idea if he is guilty or not but based on what I have read it seems unlikey they would convict IMO. Is it that hard to comprehend.

jesus f**king christ

you've heard bits and pieces on the news. that's it

it wouldn't matter anyway. being a Manly supporter you already had him as not guilty

Without_a_Spoon

Juniors
jesus f**king christ

it wouldn't matter anyway. being a Manly supporter you already had him as not guilty

How do you know exactly what anyone has seen? Last time I checked we live in a democracy where court rooms are open places. Your the one who has been plucking the media stories and have adjudged him guilty since page one mate.

^_^

Juniors
jesus f**king christ

Actually he's probably been following a day by day court report by a journo sitting in court....nothing like what we are seeing in the major papers mate sounds like you are reading bits and pieces haha

Funny you made that last comment....you being a hater of Manly already had him in jail convicted of "rape"....works both ways doesnt it?

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
How do you know exactly what anyone has seen? Last time I checked we live in a democracy where court rooms are open places. Your the one who has been plucking the media stories and have adjudged him guilty since page one mate.

find where i have said that

go on

El Diablo

Post Whore
Actually he's probably been following a day by day court report by a journo sitting in court....nothing like what we are seeing in the major papers mate sounds like you are reading bits and pieces haha

Funny you made that last comment....you being a hater of Manly already had him in jail convicted of "rape"....works both ways doesnt it?

lol

sure he has

and you to can find where i have said he was guilty