What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

flamin

Juniors
It doesn't take a great human at all. She's mentally geniused. Most people would be able to empathise
Did I say great human? I meant real human which obviously DJShaksta is struggling to comprehend.

Indeed empathy is one of the greatest qualities humans possess.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Lets look at some of the points that came up (in the Telegraph in particular), which were not even raised by the Prosecution, because they simply did not happen.
- "I was too drunk to remember anything" - false, again no one ever said this and there is absolutely no witnesses who can truly say he was drunk.
- He had his fly undone and dick out - false, not even brought up in court.
- He had to be pulled off the girl - false, not brought up.
- There was video evidence that would prove that he did it - wtf? where is it?
- His girlfriend saying "oh no not again", when seeing his dick out - false.

Im sure there are a million other things which were reported in the telegraph but have been proven to be a total fabrication of the truth.

He should therefore sue the Telegraph for every penny they made on that story.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Did I say great human? I meant real human which obviously DJShaksta is struggling to comprehend.

Indeed empathy is one of the greatest qualities humans possess.

If someone had just dragged your name through mud for 18 months the last thing you'd want to do would be empathise with them.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I don't blame some people for thinking he was guilty up until this week. People just assume that if its in the paper or its on TV, it must be right.

Lets look at some of the points that came up (in the Telegraph in particular), which were not even raised by the Prosecution, because they simply did not happen.
- "I was too drunk to remember anything" - false, again no one ever said this and there is absolutely no witnesses who can truly say he was drunk.

Im sure there are a million other things which were reported in the telegraph but have been proven to be a total fabrication of the truth.

Unfortunately some people are complete morons and will continue to believe this rubbish, as this thread shows. But at the end of the day, at least he knows who his real friends and fans are, and those who still doubt him to go and get well and truly f***ed.

Paullyboy

Coach
I don't blame some people for thinking he was guilty up until this week. People just assume that if its in the paper or its on TV, it must be right.

I don't read the telegraph so that's all new to me, but if they did actually say those things and he's now been legally cleared of the charges associated with those comments, he has a very solid case for defamation and it would go a long way to exposing tabloid papers for the disgraceful 'humans' they are.

Garts

Bench
If someone had just dragged your name through mud for 18 months the last thing you'd want to do would be empathise with them.

I bet if he ripped into her you would then be critical of him getting stuck into a girl with apparent mental issues.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I don't read the telegraph so that's all new to me, but if they did actually say those things and he's now been legally cleared of the charges associated with those comments, he has a very solid case for defamation and it would go a long way to exposing tabloid papers for the disgraceful 'humans' they are.

Exactly right, not only did he have to contend with the girls lies but also the even more severe and damaging lies printed in the media.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors

NRL left me out in cold: Stewart

Posted October 1, 2010 06:46:00
An emotional Brett Stewart says the NRL offered no support to him during the most traumatic 18 months of his life.
Stewart, who was cleared by a jury of indecent and sexual assault charges on Wednesday, has spoken for the first time about his relief at the verdict and of his desire to rebuild a tattered reputation.
But the star Manly full-back was critical of the NRL and its lack of support during the torturous ordeal, which saw him suspended for the opening month of the 2009 season, dumped as the face of the NRL's advertising campaign and suffer two season-ending knee injuries.
"When the allegations came out, the NRL suspended me for four weeks and obviously I didn't say a word," Stewart told Channel Nine.
Asked if anyone at the NRL had been in touch, Stewart responded swiftly: "No."
"No. No one. They still haven't," the stunned 25-year-old said.
When asked if he could believe that this would be the case, Stewart added: "I can believe it, yeah."
But with the help of family and friends, Stewart has emerged from the darkest period of his life with a weight lifted from his shoulders.
And he hopes to get his life back on track by rebuilding a reputation which has been muddied from 18 months of intense media speculation.
"It's been very hard but it was made public yesterday what I knew 18 months ago," Stewart said.
"[I've had] probably more low points than high. I've had a strong family around me.
"I've got mum and dad to thank for that. They're probably what got me through the low points... my family, close friends and the (Manly) club as well.
"I can't change what's happened, but I can change the future."
The former Australian and New South Wales number one said he felt "not much" sympathy for the girl, who admitted in the trial to being diagnosed with a mental illness.
"I do feel sorry for her, that's pretty hard to say after what she's put me and my family through," he admitted.
"But she's obviously got a mental illness and there's some sympathy there, yeah. Not much."
Stewart also had a message for critics who suggested he was found not guilty as he was a high-profile footballer with the money to bankroll a top lawyer - a move which has left the footballer an estimated $200,000 out of pocket.
"I'd just have to disagree with them strongly," he said.
"In the courts it's just out of your hands, it's just up to the 12 jurors.
"It's got nothing to do with how much money you've got or what you do (for a job), it's just the truth."
-AAP
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/01/3026557.htm?site=sport&section=all

I think you'll find there is not much sympathy there, it was hard for him to say.

eelsta

Bench
I think it will take a long time for brett to really get over this, i hope for his sake he can now put this behind him and look forward

DJShaksta

First Grade
Thanks to Eagle Rocker for posting the entire story - Cheers, makes more sense.

To all the other f**king tossers that just fired pot shots - Keep sucken c0cks.

Razor

Coach
So your going to believe a woman with a mental illness and a father with a history of lying? Whilst Brett was only feet away from his home, and you think he decides to rape a short, girl who is smoking?

Her face was blurred but we could clearly see her body. If he was going to sexually assault someone, he wouldn't settle for someone like that. I 100% believe his story that she came onto him, he told her to f**k off (not in those words), then she wanted payback.

Razor

Coach

Normal people don't regard the Telegraph (and other News Ltd dailies) as a reputable newspaper. They wouldn't have believed that crap.

Razor

Coach
Why???
If someone had tried to have me up on sexual assault charges where is was innocent, there is no way in hell I'd feel sorry for them after I was found not guilty after 18 months!

Remember how Matty Johns was treated last year for not feeling sorry for the girl that falsely accused him (and his team mates) of gang rape 7 years earlier?

Ulysseus

Bench
Stewart also had a message for critics who suggested he was found not guilty as he was a high-profile footballer with the money to bankroll a top lawyer - a move which has left the footballer an estimated $200,000 out of pocket.
"

So technically he could try and recover costs if they came out of his own pocket as he has been found not guilty (and obviously falsely accused).

For shame on the NRL for not allowing the club to pay his legal bills.

He probably wont pursue it, but personally I hope he goes for costs against the dumb s**t and her fraudster dad.
I also hope they have to sell their f**king house to pay some of it back, then again maybe I assume wrong as it is most likely that brain dead sh*t like the scum discussed above probably wont even own a house.

Chook Norris

First Grade
he has every right to recoup the extensive legal costs and it was reported a few days ago that he would sell the story to do so. In what way i'm not too sure yet.. but he should definitely sue the telegraph for the plethora of lies that proliferated from the scum

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Is the NRL finally going to stop this nonsense about running workshops etc teaching the players to respect women, and instead keep it real and start teaching them to watch their back at all times cos bitches is out to get them?